--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/NewAndTasty.html

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Hard] [Resets]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Sam 'Samtastic' Locke!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/newntasy-v_IQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
So this is still hard difficulty, but without deaths or resets (or large-skip glitches)?
Oddworld Speedrun Master!
This is still on the hard difficulty and it does has resets.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2018-05-17 12:05:46 pm
So the only thing that separates it from the existing run that's a bit faster is there's no death abuse? Or did we time it differently from you?

If so that's okay, just confirming.
Quote from LotBlind:
So the only thing that separates it from the existing run that's a bit faster is there's no death abuse? Or did we time it differently from you?

If so that's okay, just confirming.

There was a death in Paramonian Temple in the room with the Sligs but that was due to bad luck with the boulders.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2018-05-18 11:17:22 am
LotBlind: 2018-05-18 11:16:49 am
LotBlind: 2018-05-18 11:14:25 am
Okay, so the reason I was confused was that the run status page (the link under run information above) has a file name where 57 minutes is given, so I thought this must be a new category. I see this is actually 53 minutes in-game time. The old run was 53 also. Okay, by comparing the length of the videos I see something like 35 seconds off if you take the skipped opening cutscene into account.

25:12 in the old run you're entering Paramonia and it has a long cutscene and then you fall in. In the new run it flashes like you've skipped the cutscene and you teleport in instead. Is this based on a trick or did you forget to skip the cutscene in the old run or what?
Well the new one has the cutscene skip which I didn’t do in this run.
Video should be cut from 59:35.

I think there aren't any intentional deaths so I think the old run shouldn't even have that tag. In the future though, feel free to add the "resets" and "hard" tags in since we'll have to do it anyway to stay internally consistent. Looks like easy difficulty isn't really run but it could be.

37:00 - An unfortunate set of deaths. I don't know if this is because saving in the wrong spot.
49:00 - Aiming for longer would have helped? Surely there's a pixel you can aim for? Are you trying to use the lamp post?
51:20 - This is the room that cost the most time in the previous run, so lots of time saved just because no blunder here.
53:00 - This is probably the funniest moment in the run. Hahaha.

So overall there's still major time losses in many places, and this also has a cutscene skip that saves a lot of time, which I guess doesn't require anything special to do (?). Tough to say with no comments. It's definitely not my favourite improvement. There may have been other parts of the run where some kind of pixel or input buffer setup could make a difficult section more consistent, though you can't easily expect everything to go perfectly with this game. Lots of RNG in the guards after all. I can tell the level or risk-taking and generally speed is higher in many sections where it's almost surprising that time was saved.

medium-strong accept
Yes you’re right there. There weren’t any death abuse in the run that skips things.
Regards the cutting I will do that when the run is timed.
Decision posted.