--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-12-13 02:41:58 am
SDAVerification: 2013-12-13 02:06:38 am
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/AbesOddysee.html

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (Any %) (Segmented) (pc) (pc)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Sam 'Samlaptop' Locke!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/abesoddysee/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Dec. 13, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
Samtastic: 2013-11-30 01:54:16 am
Oddworld Speedrun Master!
Guys just to let you know that all my tricks here were based around Dooty's TAS run in 27:01. Also in the run info the date I completed the run was wrong. I completed this on 3/10/2013. 
Quote from SDAVerification:
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

There is a game page for this located here: http://speeddemosarchive.com/AbesOddysee.html
Hey, I just started watching, great run so far, very polished. I'm just wondering what the little diamond that appears above Abe occasionally is? I'll edit this post with my final verdict when I'm done watching, but so far it looks like an easy accept.

Edit: Yeah definite accept
Quote from RabidJellyfish:
Hey, I just started watching, great run so far, very polished. I'm just wondering what the little diamond that appears above Abe occasionally is? I'll edit this post with my final verdict when I'm done watching, but so far it looks like an easy accept.

Edit: Yeah definite accept

That little diamond is the save point which only appears on the PC version. This run was done in 13 segments and I joined them up together like the very first Abe's Oddysee run here that was published on SDA.
As previously said, this run is very polished and more than worth publishing. A/V seems fine and there's no sign of cheating.

Definitely accept for me too.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Incredibly polished run, loved the use of Death Delay to skip Paramonia.  I'm guessing that STJB can't be used to skip straight to Zulag 2 / 3 from before you leave rupture farms the first time, otherwise barring another major skip I don't see this being improved anytime soon!

Overall, the run was very polished, every run and jump was perfect (each movement action moves you a set number of "tiles" in the game iirc so luckily for the invisible elum glitch there's no need to worry about being pixel perfect), Abe ran past sligs, slogs and scrabs alike with impudence (even when he wasn't invincible!), cheating death, climbing through solid rock, exploding himself, before finally dying by running into a wall.  However, that didn't stop him and he defeated the Glukkons and became the hero of... that one Mudokon from earlier.  Nice job, Abe...

A/V fine, no sign of cheating.  Definite Accept from me!
A/V excellent, no cheating detected.

Yeah, this one is an easy accept.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Excellent. Right now that's sorted how about a genocide% run Sam? ;-)
Quote from RoboSparkle:
Excellent. Right now that's sorted how about a genocide% run Sam? ;-)

I will update the 100% run one day but it will take time to set it up with my PSX to capture the best quality.
Edit history:
lecorbak: 2013-12-03 07:10:33 am
Vanilla H is mai waifu
A/V good, no cheating.

some really minor errors.
major skips, a lot of clips, glitches and others.
sometimes, the hitbox looks weird.
movements were perfect.

No reason to reject this.

It's an ACCEPT.
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
short and sweet on this one,

That was damn impressive, ACCEPT!!!

Oh yeah A/V is good and no cheating.
Can someone explain me what's going on at 18:55 ?
Edit history:
Samtastic: 2013-12-03 03:16:48 pm
Quote from atomicJo:

Abe has already turned on the death delay glitch when he jumped near the bats but if he rolls into a mine his sprite disappears leaving a controllable invisible Abe.
Vanilla H is mai waifu
Quote:
Abe has already turned on the death delay glitch when he jumped near the bats but if he rolls into a mine his sprite disappears leaving a controllable invisible Abe.

it is doable on console ? because a lot of glitches on this run looks doable only on the PC version.
Edit history:
Samtastic: 2013-12-04 08:00:29 am
Quote from zebdal:
Quote:

it is doable on console ? because a lot of glitches on this run looks doable only on the PC version.

It's doable on a console but some of the glitches like the second drop down with the ledge glitch at the Monsaic Lines can be done without crashing on any part of the platform on the PC version. When Dooty does it on the PSX version in the TAS he drops down a bit further on.

Edit: If you enjoyed watching my any% run, stay tuned! I made a 100% run on here last year on the PC version and I'm going to be beating that time even shorter and playing on the NTSC PS1 version. Abe will be using the infinite pitch glitch which he couldn't do in the PC version.
Quote from Samlaptop:
Quote from atomicJo:

Sorry, I must have missed something, that's how you skip scrabania right?
If so, why didn't you do this in your previous any% run ? you already knew DDG glitch by this time

Another question, how do you control Abe when he's invisible ? do you have any feedback on what's going on? or do you do this all by memory ?
Edit history:
Samtastic: 2013-12-04 02:36:10 pm
Quote from atomicJo:
Quote from Samlaptop:
Quote from atomicJo:

Sorry, I must have missed something, that's how you skip scrabania right?
If so, why didn't you do this in your previous any% run ? you already knew DDG glitch by this time

Another question, how do you control Abe when he's invisible ? do you have any feedback on what's going on? or do you do this all by memory ?

You can hear his hoping sounds are if there is a short gap it's usually 3 runs and a hop and if it's a long gap then it's 6 or 7 runs before a hop. Last year the glitch was new to me and Sligdantry and it wasn't until this year where Dooty found it possible to skip Paramonia. Scarabiana is impossible to skip.
Decision posted.