Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
SDAVerification: 2018-04-17 01:46:39 pm
SDAVerification: 2018-04-06 05:17:33 pm
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/AbesOddysee.html

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (pc) (pc) [100 %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Sam 'Samtastic' Locke!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (pc) (pc) [100 %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/AbesOddysee-20180403/Abe%27s%20Oddysee%20100%25%20Speedrun.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
I watched this run on live. The run is 100% clean and respects the rules of the category 100% with skips (now known as 100%) for Oddysee.
He also has the World Record on this category.
Decision posted.
Out of curiosity, what made you change w/ skips to just 100%? Is it difficult to define what w/o skips would mean?

Even though the verdict is out (and no doubt, correct), I'm still watching this seeing as it's the first 100% one for these games.
We decided to regulate the category names so they are in common with the names on Exoddus.
Basically, glitched categories doesn't specify that they are glitched. On the contrary, categories that doesn't allow glitches needs to specify this. That's why we have 100% and 100% NMS. It's pointless to specify 100% with skips and then 100% NMS.
It's just a name change anyway. The category is the same as it was before.
A/V: Not sure if we need to keep the restarts because they're probably not timed. Israeli will decide on this.

Category name: Okay. SDA will call still call it "with large-skip glitches" because of its conventions. In fact it has intentional deaths so it also gets that tag. Were there any resets to retry tricks (not just to prevent crashes)?

Your comments say it took you 2000... to pull this off. I presume you mean 2000 attempts. Just pointing out the typo. That's quite a lot of attempts BTW o_o

In fact, could you make sure there's no typos (there's more right now) before we publish: just a bit easier that way than correcting after. It also says there's a before and after video for a trick but it's not linked.

11:30 - Looks like some really intricate moves were pulled to rescue the two here.
13:37 - Death, costs half a minute.
19:00 - Well that's a new one to me.
20:05 - Here you go back down for some reason. What's the idea?
1:12:23 - Really unfortunate death here. What went wrong? What were you trying to do? I thought it was on purpose at first, to remove the death glitch, but then you have to rescue the mudokon again.