--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/AbesExoddus.html

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Segmented]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Sam 'Samtastic' Locke!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Segmented]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/AbesExoddus-20150916/Abe%27s%20Exoddus%20Segmented%20by%20Sam%20Samtastic%20Locke.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
A/V: Good

Gameplay: Certain aspects of the game mechanics seem a bit unfriendly for speed, but aside from these moments where you just have to roll with how the game is built, everything else is executed efficiently and in a fast pace. From what I can tell, the route is also well optimized with the inclusion of what looks like pretty tight tricks. My game knowledge isn't good enough to say more than that though. Overall, this run seems to be particularly well done. This doesn't come as a surprise to me considering it's Samlaptop turned unleashed once again on an Oddworld game.

Accept
Didn't this thing have a community? Tongue

I'll verify it
Oddworld Speedrun Master!
Quote from LotBlind:
Didn't this thing have a community? Tongue

I'll verify it

Oddworld speedrunning has a very small community and I am one of the best.
Hahaha. Looks like you don't need to be particularly humble to be good at Oddworld games.

"This resulted in doing less Stop Turns than my previous run but a single segment player wouldn't be able to do every Stop Turn so I only did ones such as the one in Necrum Mines and some diagonal falls for a faster drop down. "

What do you mean by this? Did you skip doing a trick somewhere?
Oddworld Speedrun Master!
A stop turn is a very tight frame perfect glitch that is hard to do. It affects the way Abe turns round. So to cut down on segments, I have done less stop turns in places where a single segment speedrunner wouldn't be able to do them so that one day, I will be able to match what I did segmetned into a single segment on a very lucky run. The TAS uses the Stop turn glitch everywhere. In a real time run especially in single segment, it would be very difficult to do every stop turn.
That's a bit unorthodox: at SDA it's really just speed speed speed as the driving principle, so technically you should've went for even those stop turns if it had saved more time. And segmented runs are meant to segment about as much as you need to to save maximum time, with runners taking common sense considerations into account. But yeah, this run is very good looking.

accept
Decision posted.