--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Normality (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Reject

Reason: Rejected at the runner's request, expecting a superior submission shortly.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/1368/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Normality (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/normality/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Nov. 20, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
Judgy: 2014-11-08 03:56:09 pm
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
If "Lands of Lore 3" , A puzzle game and Pauly Shore had a child ... it would be this game apparently ....

A/V : Good
Cheating : None

Don't really know the game but It seems to achieve the required tasks quickly. unless anyone knows enough about the game to challenge the runners choices, I'm cool with it.

Accept
There is a really silly-looking mistake 2 minutes into the run that wasted 6-7 seconds (it's also mentioned in the run comments). The rest looked really clean, but I don't understand why such a huge mistake (and we're talking about a game that's mostly point-'n-click) didn't result in a reset. Anyways, since it's a fairly long run and the rest looked pretty optimal,

(weak) accept
I should have posted about this days ago but I kept forgetting after reading your post.

Yeah my mistake on that I forgot to look at the run comments and only watched the video and I actually thought that the game required the player to talk to her, use the door, then talk to her again. [I just literally didn't question it for some reason]

It does look sloppy now I know its a mistake and I wonder why the runner didn't reset after a mistake so early in.

Decision changed to a (Weak) accept also.  [Would heavily suggest re-doing the run]
Edit history:
Bigmanjapan: 2014-11-17 06:43:08 pm
Got burnout on this speedrun back then..
A/V good, no cheating detected

This game is definitely a thing... I'm not even going to try to understand everything that's going on plot-wise.  Also the main character is voiced by Corey Feldman (was in The Goonies), which is interesting.

As for the run, there was a bit more slop early on than I'd like even aside from the mistake ktwo mentioned, but it got better from there.  It's a good run, but an improvable one.  I wouldn't give this one the strongest accept, but it's good enough.
Edit history:
Bigmanjapan: 2014-11-21 08:51:13 am
Bigmanjapan: 2014-11-21 08:50:49 am
Bigmanjapan: 2014-11-21 08:26:14 am
Bigmanjapan: 2014-11-21 08:22:22 am
Bigmanjapan: 2014-11-21 08:04:52 am
Bigmanjapan: 2014-11-21 08:04:35 am
Bigmanjapan: 2014-11-20 02:37:14 pm
Bigmanjapan: 2014-11-20 02:36:07 pm
Bigmanjapan: 2014-11-20 02:34:42 pm
Found new speedups:
1. You can use scissors to get the rat out of washing machine instead of sharkpoon (1 scene is skipped);
2. You can start waffle fire from anywhere in the supermarket, don't have to approach the waffle which is sick;
3. You can skip waiting for the elevator doors closing in Ordinary Outpost by hitting tiny hitbox of the elevator door (which is in UP/OPEN position);
4. You don't have to lock up TV salesman with a key which is really surprising for me;
5. In the last catacomb location where you need to use Rood Brace on ACCESS sign to open secret laboratory, you can pick up the brace immediately after using it on ACCESS sign. Secret door won't close. Brace will be in the inventory. But when you will go back with Saul's brain the brace will be in place pushing the ACCESS sign. So you basically duplicate the brace.

Used GOG version this time, need to check whether the brace thing is GOG release exclusive.
Will redo the run for sure.

Edit: checked the original version — brace glitch is present (GOG btw uses different VO, I think its UK version).
Edit history:
Bigmanjapan: 2014-12-01 05:24:22 pm
Is there any way to delete (close) this submission?

I did new run of this game — 23:45 (!!), I will submit it as soon as this submission is processed.

I appreciate all the reviews, hope same reviewers will look into new run.
My apologies, you caught me right in the middle of holiday shenanigans. I'll close this tomorrow evening. Looking forward to your subsequent submission.
Yeah, I'll make sure to keep an eye out for it.  Probably watch them side by side when the time comes, too.
count me in
Decision posted.