Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'SCXCR'!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Ninjabread Man (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/ninjabreadman/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Oct. 24, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Never played this game.

A/V: Good (watched HQ, haven't checked the other qualities), but I noticed the resolution was 568x476. I don't know much about capturing wii and it can be due to cropping also, but wanted to point it out.
Legit: Looked good to me.

Gameplay: There were one or two platform errors and as in any 3d-game, a little time was lost from not moving in completely straight lines. I believe the game mechanics (jumping etc) and especially the camera angles played a fairly big part in that. Overall I'd say it was well played, which made it a good watch. It's difficult to say something about the routing without having played the game, but it seemed efficient enough and I couldn't detect anything that struck me as odd.

Time: 1st movement - frame 1658; start 1st load screen - 3258; end 1st load screen - 3997; start 2nd load screen - 9590; end 2nd load screen - 11408; end character control - 26037. In total 21822 frames or 6m04s.

ACCEPT
Might be magic...
A/V good, no cheating detected. I haven't played this game.

The run was fairly well played in general - a few spots had minor jumping errors but nothing terrible. There are a few nice glitches / skips thrown in too.

The intro mentioned that there should be audio commentary on track 2, but the video I downloaded only had one audio track (NinjabreadManAnyP_HQ.mp4). This is not a reason to reject though.

Accept.
Willing to teach you the impossible
For what this is, It is acceptable. A bunch of time could come off from better planning jumps. Suck as near the beginning the runner chooses to jump off high platforms and causes them to remain in the air longer rather than walk off to land sooner as running is much faster than anything in the air. The stair sections looks like they could be done with single jumps rather than double. Just thoughts for anyone who wants to improve this.
Not a walrus
Don't know what's up with the aspect ratio, though I could chalk it up to cropping borders maybe? Also there's no audio commentary despite the statid saying so (to be sent in later I guess?) A/V is fine other than that.

The platforming looks a bit sloppy for a game this short but probably not enough to push it into reject land. I'd say give it an accept but this could be improved fairly easily I suspect.
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
From what I understand, Ninjabread Man is the definition of Wii shovelware, with the terrible controls to match. Having refused to allow my Wii to be contaminated by the filth that is shovelware, I've never actually played this.

That being said, and with nothing to really compare this to, this looks okay. The platforming does look sloppy at places, and there are others where it honestly looks like only a single jump would be needed, but a double jump is done instead. I don't know whether to put that off to the bad controls I know this game has, but it doesn't look that bad I suppose. This run could be improved, but this run doesn't have any major run killing execution errors in it.

I'll give this an accept.
Decision posted.