Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/NinjaGaiden3.html

Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote from Zyre:
Game- Ninja Gaiden III

Video quality- Good
Sound quality- Good

Evaluation of the run-

Gonna keep this short and sweet. A few little hiccups, but the faster boss strats show an improvement. Risks were taken in a few spots that paid off well.

Final Decision- ACCEPT.

Quote from peter afro:
From my timing of pressing start to final hit on final boss, time is 13:05. Legit run that shows fire shield is OP. ACCEPT

Quote from ZELLLOOO:
Audio quality: Good.
Video quality: One slight little hiccup at the beginning of Act 6-2 but otherwise good.

The runner's comments obsolete most of what I was going to type up, all of the stages are incredibly clean with smart weapon usage and damage boosting and the quick kills on the bosses are fantastic. Considering how few hiccups were in the run this will be incredibly difficult to improve upon. ACCEPT.

SDA timing comes out to roughly 13:14 (first control at 5:36, end of control on the fade out at 18:50)

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
A/V good, though everything before about 5:22 should be clipped off since it's failed attempts.

The planning and execution of this run is incredibly solid, so I'm just going to point out some strategy bits that I noticed:

During 5-2A the runner picks up an upward fire that never gets used, replacing the downward fire, and there's a couple spots in 5-2C where the downward fire could have cleared some enemies out. Not sure this would even save a second, so just a detail.

However, I'm still not convinced the extra couple of seconds it takes to pick up the upward fire at the end of 5-2E is worth the time it saves on the boss. I've definitely killed him in low% at about the same position, but it's definitely a far more consistent kill with the upward fire.

Not really much else to say about the rest of the run, a few tiny execution errors and accidental hits. There is a fast slash strat you can do in the air but the finger ballet required is pretty difficult and I'm not sure it saves enough time to be worth it the potential missed hits if you screw it up, and even then it only saves time on a couple of bosses.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'InfestedRiche'!
Thread title:  
Personal text
GG Smiley
Now with 23% more reset!
congrats Riche!
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Down goes Liger!

Grats Riche, loved the back and forth between you and Crak. Really good stuff.
Professional Second Banana
You still need to play NG3 sinister... Tongue
Speedrunner
FilthyRiche with the takedown! Woop woop!
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from puwexil:
You still need to play NG3 sinister... Tongue

Hahahaha....NEVER!!!
Smörgåsbord
Congrats! Good stuff!
Hax I used all of my strengthz
NICE!!! those boss strats save a lot of time. Congrats Riche!!