Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Ye figured i doesn't end up in just that technique ^^ Need to get into the game and become a ninja!

TY for the fast recap on how to do it, now i should get the game some tries today with that knowledge and see if a can progress any further in the ninja time trial!
Speedrunner
Good to hear!

After playing the game for awhile, you'll see that going in a fast pace, sometimes makes the game easier. Patterns for instance.

If i were you, I would put my goal somewhere around 16-17min to make it more interesting. Smiley
Got it kinda figured out, with some luck i get in like 3-5 hits. But im not consistent.

It's a challenge i assure you was in like wednesday i compleated the game for the first time ever Smiley

Went for a run now got 27 min when i entered last boss room. (Sorry i have no means of recording) So i'm getting there.

Haha yes im presuming im gonna get more excited to try to lower the time even more when the time passes and i go sub 20 Smiley
Sooo close! Entered last bossroom with 19.00 on the clock. But no since my skills with the last boss is minimal i chocked and lost all time. Then i had a really good stage 5 and stage 6 by my means and skillevel. 

Really need to train the last boss so i can get this times down, and maybe start to record for you amusment in failure Cheesy
My goal was sub 20 i bursted that bubble like a boss and timing in on 18.01 so next goal sub 17! Need to get som recording and stream equipment. So you can bash my safe strats Cheesy
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
I would really like to start running these games so I can join in races. How about I will start NG if Sinister and Dxtr start running Contra more!!!
Edit history:
simmarine: 2013-10-08 07:06:06 pm
hi guys! i thought i'd start actually posting here since i dont really discuss ninja gaiden 2 very much otherwise (though i've talked to duckfist a few times on irc).

i got a 10:37 in ninja gaiden 2 a couple days ago . i wish at least one of the dumb mistakes in the run didn't happen but oh well. i want to keep playing and get a better time (ultimately i want a run with no real noticable mistakes but thats definitely asking for a lot lol)

i dont know if anyone really cares to improve ng2 right now, but i have a couple ideas to save some small time here and there. maybe one will save a second or two, but the rest would just be minor optimizations to save some frames.

sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Really nice run there simmarine! I think you could beat Arcus if you really put in the attempts. I like some of your strats, good stuff.

@deuceler: I never have time for games that I will not either WR or play in a marathon. The sad life of having a full time job Sad
Level 15 Vagabond
Just started running Ninja Gaiden 1 recently, first game I've tried running.  I'm still practicing to get consistent no death runs as I incorporate the various strats for the game.  I still struggle with effective slash cancelling on the final boss too.  I've tried the grip you show in your tutorial video Sinister but I haven't got a feel for it yet.  No time worth posting yet but just thought I'd introduce myself!
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from aedryan:
Just started running Ninja Gaiden 1 recently, first game I've tried running.  I'm still practicing to get consistent no death runs as I incorporate the various strats for the game.  I still struggle with effective slash cancelling on the final boss too.  I've tried the grip you show in your tutorial video Sinister but I haven't got a feel for it yet.  No time worth posting yet but just thought I'd introduce myself!

Welcome and good luck. With the mashing technique, generally, people find what works for them. One thing I can add that might not have been in the tutorial would be this: Try to start out slower and build up. So maybe try to get 3 slashes, then 4, etc.
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
I also have a full time job Sin Sad I watched Dxtr run NG1 this morning and it was super hype! I'm looking for another challenging NES game that isn't a super long run, so now I just have to decide if I should do 1, 2, or 3 - any suggestions?
Edit history:
dxtr: 2013-10-24 01:48:59 am
dxtr: 2013-10-24 01:48:31 am
Speedrunner
I know UA has worked really hard with Sword only NG3. But I wonder if there is anything to work with on Any%?

Beside that. Start off with NG1. It's less of a hassle (If you ask me) Smiley Less weapons to learn and more/easier Ninja Points to learn (positions)
NG3 any%,a run with wall climbing and better boss fight will be my suggesttion.Maybe you can refer the oldest tas run in TASVideos.
Quote from Deuceler:
I also have a full time job Sin Sad I watched Dxtr run NG1 this morning and it was super hype! I'm looking for another challenging NES game that isn't a super long run, so now I just have to decide if I should do 1, 2, or 3 - any suggestions?
Edit history:
sinister1: 2013-10-24 08:12:21 am
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
@Deuceler: Basic difference in 1 vs. 2 - the final boss fights are tough and there is RNG in 1, the stages are tough in 2. Overall I would say 2 is a bit tougher to learn, but once you do it is an easier run overall due to not having any RNG. I am not a fan of 3, nor would I recommend it for speedgaming.

Suggestion would be to play both 1 and 2 casually a bit and see which one feels more natural to you, then learn speed strats. There are tutorials for both of them (by me and duckfist) so it should be easy enough to pick up.

p.s. I would be down for racing either one once you learn.
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Alright, I will play both of them casually and decide. After I will do dirty practice until I'm ready to race. I'm pretty excited to start a new NES game, thanks guys.
I just picked up Ninja gaiden 3 after watching the rune from AGDQ in 2013 in an attempt to do a pacifist run so far i've been able to do every screen up to 6-2b however i looked at act 7 and im pretty sure i wont be able to get it those flying bee guys or w.e wreck me every time

I don't think NG3 pacifist will be possible in a single segment if it is even possible I do think if someone was working on a TAS it would be possible  right now I'm using an emulator and save states trying to find the perfect scenarios

The biggest road block i ran into was 5-2 you have to have a minimum of 4 hp by 5-2e which is difficult

As for 6-2 i think i can minimize damage and make it to the boss however looking at 7  i have no clue how to go about it
Got through act 6 now working on 7
Edit history:
gusmancini: 2013-12-01 11:26:44 pm
I just finished my NG3 pacifist run took me 4 days of save states to complete about 10+ hours of work put into it however i dont have it all on video i do have some of it i can replicate act 1-4 fairly quickly probably a day of work act 5-7 could take who knows how long there are some VERY VERY precise jumps and there are alot of them
Edit history:
gusmancini: 2013-12-07 12:07:50 pm
gusmancini: 2013-12-06 11:40:58 pm
gusmancini: 2013-12-06 12:26:42 am
Id just like to post my Ninja gaiden 3 single segment Pacifist run I cant get it verified by sda because i'm playing on an emulator its captured by twitch however here is my first run pretty poor time but its complete
http://www.twitch.tv/gusmancini/c/3349216

This was on the JP version SS
The US version is super difficult to pacifist i've completed a run but not SS and it was using save states

it took 1:02:58 there is so much room for improvement i bet it can get sub 20 if someone does everything right

UPDATE i have a new SS clear for NG3 JP pacifist
http://www.twitch.tv/gusmancini/c/3354110
Time 44:42 This is with pressing start at the same time as the timer and stopping the time after the screen fades to black
so this time may vary by a few seconds but at the moment i'm the only one running NG3 JP pacifist
NEW PB and WR for NG3 pacifist on JP version!!! omg

32:42
http://www.twitch.tv/gusmancini/c/3356729

I'm very happy with this run there is still a lot of time to be made up in this run from boss fights to less dieing less game overs
Speedrunner
I will need to take a look at this tomorrow. !!!!

<3 <3 <3
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from gusmancini:
NEW PB and WR for NG3 pacifist on JP version!!! omg

32:42
http://www.twitch.tv/gusmancini/c/3356729

I'm very happy with this run there is still a lot of time to be made up in this run from boss fights to less dieing less game overs

Wow great job man! Keep going on this, I think you can get it down into the mid 20's.
Edit history:
gusmancini: 2013-12-10 06:44:44 pm
gusmancini: 2013-12-10 06:42:48 pm
gusmancini: 2013-12-10 06:36:45 pm
25:19 NG3 pacifist new PB i still got time to save i think sub 20 is possible with a really good run
http://www.twitch.tv/gusmancini/c/3374691
Edit history:
Deuceler: 2013-12-12 09:43:49 am
Deuceler: 2013-12-12 09:43:06 am
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Quote from sinister1:
Wow great job man! Keep going on this, I think you can get it down into the mid 20's.

Well that didn't take very long! Nice work gusmancini! Keep going man, would be awesome for people to get involved with this run
i've been working really hard trying to get a sub 20 for NG3 pacifist but there is just so many things that can go wrong however i was doing a run and managed a 1 rounder for the first boss in like 250+ attempts this was the first gotta love fast kills