Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzFV0d4qfi4Yv9xqLZoeb5g

So I've never actually tried to do a speed run before...but being the super competitive nutcase that I am decided to ask my one buddy to race me in a game. We eventually decided on ninja gaiden 2 for the nes.  So in about 2 weeks we're going to upload our best attempt and play the videos side by side and see who wins xD  For the occasion I've made a new youtube page where I'll upload the race as well as my practice leading up it.  Feel free to check it out and throw your input my way. ^_-

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzFV0d4qfi4Yv9xqLZoeb5g
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Maybe this Nico guy has an overclocked NES. I remember Funkdoc having that problem when he was running Castlevania III. I really think it is a possibility.

@clickdecision: You might want to check out the SpeedRunsLive website if you are interested in racing. Also, most of the Ninja Gaiden crew races around 1PM EST on Saturdays, we sometimes do Ninja Gaiden II afterwards.
I can only speak for myself, but when I put videos on youtube, the lengths don't match with the times of the files I'm uploading. It's not by much, but when it comes down to a second or two for a 10-minute video, youtube is not reliable imo. So Exo's run might be slightly misrepresented by youtube and who knows in what ways nico distorts their videos (other than the video quality)? With two videos in unreliable (if you don't mind me phrasing it like that) formats, I'm not surprised that the details don't add up when comparing them.

(the above was just to add to the discussion, I don't know much about overclocking, so I won't comment on that)
After some investigates and comparisons( with others‘ run,for example arcus’ sub 12:00),I tend to believe it‘s legit (maybe still slightly different speed?).Here is what I know, this guy claimed (in his nico list) he achieved RTA 11:59 about 3 years ago (this remind me of mystery ohm  who gained lots of sub 12:10 in his race with other guys like hotarubi, this is discussed last year in the older board?),and after the sda-er (dxtr,etc) get sub 12,he published a RTA 11:58 run in youtube and nico, but soon EXO's RTA 11:53 come out and ohon deleted it.(I still keep the run!) Then after about 2 month, ohon published current run.I think it's a interesting race between SDA and NICO.
Speedrunner
Time to introduce our friend to SRL. Tongue See what he can do under pressure. Wink
Personal text
Quote from dxtr:
Time to introduce our friend to SRL. Tongue See what he can do under pressure. Wink

That would be fun to watch!
Edit history:
dxtr: 2013-05-05 12:07:14 pm
dxtr: 2013-05-05 12:07:11 pm
dxtr: 2013-05-05 12:07:10 pm
dxtr: 2013-05-05 12:01:23 pm
Speedrunner
Improved my Pacifist by 8s.

15:25 with 1 unintentional death.

Edit: 15:14 with 1 ui death. Man im on a roll today.
Edit history:
sinister1: 2013-05-05 07:23:33 pm
sinister1: 2013-05-05 07:23:30 pm
sinister1: 2013-05-05 07:23:30 pm
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from dxtr:
Improved my Pacifist by 8s.

15:25 with 1 unintentional death.

Edit: 15:14 with 1 ui death. Man im on a roll today.

Dayyum, grats you beat me to it.

EDIT: Were you streaming this ?? I can't find it.
Speedrunner
@sinister

I did it offline but i did record. I will upload it today. Smiley
Speedrunner

I see that it flickers at the beginning of 4-1. Didnt merge my VOB files. Don't care really. Since i will improve this. Lost so many seconds through the whole run!
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Nice run, sub 15 is easy for you. I would do it, but if you are gonna continue I will just watch. I really think you should do the 5-2c and 5-3c strats I do though, they are faster by a good amount.
Just did a 12 min flat och Ninja Gaiden 2.

Give me a month or two or a year. I might be able to pull off sub 11.
Speedrunner
*of ninja gaiden 2. Not och. <- Swedish word
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
You will beat the SDA run in no time.

Speaking of that: Arcus did you ever submit NG2 run??
No, I didn't submit it. I'm not really interested in submitting any runs.

I actually did improve my NG2 time slightly in March (10:36), but then gradually stopped playing.

Edit history:
sinister1: 2013-05-22 05:10:12 pm
sinister1: 2013-05-22 05:09:37 pm
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Wow Arcus that was a really amazing run. So consistent throughout, I really liked the Act III boss fight!

So I guess the 11:21 is doomed to stay on the site. If no one else will do something I might just have to Tongue (submit a bad 10:4x time)
Cigar Man
Quote from sinister1:
So I guess the 11:21 is doomed to stay on the site.

Destined, not doomed.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from Vugmer:
Quote from sinister1:
So I guess the 11:21 is doomed to stay on the site.

Destined, not doomed.

Haha, agreed. I hope I did not come off like a jerk, you know I have much respect for all your Ninja Gaiden runs. NG would not be where it is today without the original NG crew.
I've had a lot of fun catching races on sinister's stream.  Once I get my modded top loader back this week I'm gonna start learning this.  Probably won't take it to crazy exo levels or anything but it looks way too fun to learn.  Don't really have any concrete goals in mind other than learning the game and maybe doing a few races now ans again for fun.  If i really enjoy the run maybe i'll try to get to the sub 12 mark or something neat.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Welcome to the Ninja party Klaige. Sub 13 is a good long term goal for first time runners of this. Good short term goal would be a deathless run. Can't wait to see you in the races!
Thanks boss!  Hopefully gonna stream some friday and start learning the basics!  Should be the perfect thing to break in the newly done top loader!
Speedrunner
http://www.twitch.tv/dxtrslab/c/2827705

Im probably done with Pacifist.

There are some obvious mistakes. Hell.. with a perfect run. I can see sub 14 happen in the future.
Edit history:
sinister1: 2013-08-27 09:52:39 pm
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Sick run dxtr. Improvable but not by that much imo. I could see 14:30's maybe.

I gotta step my pacifist game up. Still stuck on 15:48 Sad

At least I finally got this though.
Im new to the game and the speedrunning community.

Im kinda figuring out the game, boosts and stuff like that. Dont even have compleated it yet second form of last boss eats me whole.
But im not getting how you do the jumpslash thingy. Tried it but at most i get like three hits if i get even one hit, do you mash down at the same time or do you have it pressed the whole time? Havent tried it out that much since im playing on a top loader.

My goal is a nice Sub 20.00. But need to master the slashcancel or whatever you call it. happy
Speedrunner
Quote from Styris:
Im new to the game and the speedrunning community.

Im kinda figuring out the game, boosts and stuff like that. Dont even have compleated it yet second form of last boss eats me whole.
But im not getting how you do the jumpslash thingy. Tried it but at most i get like three hits if i get even one hit, do you mash down at the same time or do you have it pressed the whole time? Havent tried it out that much since im playing on a top loader.

My goal is a nice Sub 20.00. But need to master the slashcancel or whatever you call it. happy

You don't wanna hold the down button. It lets you mash your sword but it wont cancel the animation.

So you need to:

1. Press down
2. Let it go
3. Slash
4. Repeat.

It's kinda hard to do it fast and right. I would start by just using your thumbs and doing it rather slow at first, and then move on to a more extreme setup. The Claw e.g.

Getting a sub 20 doesnt come down to the cancel slashing though. A ninja must look beyond the borders of the screen.