--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/NewSuperMarioBrosWii.html

New Super Mario Bros Wii (ntscus) (wii) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verifier Responses

Quote from Samtastic:
Audio/video quality: The video looks small.
Cheating: nonte
Run quality: Good.
Timing: I got 25:13.

Final verdict: Accept.

Quote from peter afro:
Insanely solid all the way through, though I am concerned if SDA is fine with using a file that has the intro cutscene finished, due to the current one using a fresh file. Accept if they do

Quote from AlecK47:
A/V good, no cheating detected

I was hoping this one would get submitted here. This run is very close to the human limit for the game. The gameplay is both exemplary and aggressive, and what little randomness there is in this game is handled with ease.

8-Castle: takes two ground pounds to get the propeller cap, which costs about half a second or so.

Bowser's Castle: a slight hangup on the random fireballs before Bowser and  needing one extra fireball to break the walls in the final section (plus a tiny bit of hesitation once the final wall is broken) cost a couple seconds total.

Everything else is minor and/or out of the runner's control.  For that matter, having to slow down for the second set of Bowser's fireballs before reaching him is also minor...

So yeah, this is an easy accept

As an aside, I have a bad headache right now, so I don't care enough to be precise about the times I mentioned above

Decision: Accept

Reason: The black borders will be cropped out in the final encodes. Skipping the intro by using an existing save file is acceptable. The skipped part doesn't involve any gameplay and takes place before timing starts.

Congratulations to 'Auchgard'!
Thread title: