--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
The Speedrunning Teacher
Quote from kirbymastah:
do you stream, Zyre?

Yes, but not as often as I would like with my current computer setup. I need to reroute some cables and change settings on a few things before I'll be able to properly stream. Stream is twitch.tv/wingedzyre. I usually send a tweet (@wingedzyre) just before I stream though.
Awesome, good luck!!
Hype! Nice to see another nsmbwii runner. There was also a wiki for running this game, but....I never put that much work into it to begin with.

If you're interested anyway, then http://nsmbwiirta.wikia.com is the place to go.

Good luck on running it! Watch out for accidental spins though....
The Speedrunning Teacher
Quote from doicm:
Watch out for accidental spins though....

Yeah, I've had them happen too many times to count so far...and that is just in learning the first World.

Speaking of it, I've been able to sit down and make it through the first World. Going off your Youtube vid, ewaller, you clear the first world (new file selection to when the notice appears that you collected all star coins) in about 18:30. My best time that I've got so far is 20:22. I'll get caught up yet!
I also have every intention of picking this game up at some point, and I also intend to start streaming well before then.  Most likely I'll start with warpless, but we'll see - though any% is always a possibility my dislike for world 9 means I'm disinclined to do 100%, at least initially.  Either way it probably won't be until after C4L, and it may also depend on how fast I can get a good FF12 RTA, so maybe in May, maybe later.
Surprise Surprise, I haven't lurked on SDA forums in awhile (Or anywhere really) and I find someone interested in NSMBWii~

I too have come back to NSMBWii, the past few weeks have had me work on learning the game again. I'm really disappointed in my Warpless time, I'd like to get any% with a run that uses the current best route (the one on SDA I believe still uses the old 5-2 route) and 100% should be fixed. Since I finished paying off one of my loans (Yay!) my New year's resolution this year was to get a warpless run on SDA, or at least have one submitted for verification.

I'm happy there are others planning to learn this game, it'll make me feel less alone and this game really could use some love.

I look forward to hearing about progress from the two of you, perhaps I should start getting onto #nsmbwii more again. I'll post any progress on my end, all I have right now is I'm trying to make a practice file again, hopefully soon I'll be ready for practice, I'm really bad at everything now.
As far as it seems like, #nsmbwii kinda died... Sad
However, everyone that was in #nsmbwii is now in #nsmb. Could consider lingering in there, if you'd like.
I've been meaning to start logging into irc for way too long now... so yay for extra motivation?  As I said earlier, I probably won't get started on this game for a few months, so somebody of either of your skill could certainly get an SDA acceptable time for warpless, 100% or whichever other category before I do because of the priorities I mentioned in my last post, especially because I haven't put any concerted effort into learning it yet.  Nevertheless, I do hope to eventually provide good competition if nothing else, so don't get too crazy good times before I get into it, alright? Wink

Still, I agree it is nice to see renewed interest in NSMBWii.  Great runs are great runs, and I wish anyone running this game the best of luck! Smiley
Thanks Doicm, I'll keep that in mind, I've only been on IRC to race since... forever ago, any new NSMBWii runners in there?

If I can get my skill up again, I certainly would hope for a decent run in a few months, but as I am now... I'm just hoping to get good enough again. It'll be hard to hit what I'd like for a submittable run, less then 100 IGS behind a "Perfect" run, no goomba, no saves or deaths.

Obviously that might take awhile, I do so enjoy a challenge. If I can do that I think warpless would be more optimized then my any% run which is 24 IGS away from "Perfect". It's very hard to judge though, since I've never had a Bowser's Castle as good as UCPro, and the route difference in world 8 means I can't get the same time in Airship or 8-7.

Perfect as far as I go Wink

Can't wait for the competition AlecK Cheesy
New 7-T strat I found while completing my practice file:

The first room ending is a lot easier now, though the safe strat of just propelling up and then spinning down is still safest. Second room is a bitch now though, if you enter at 573, you can complete the room as fast as possible taking the left side, but if you enter at 574 you need to wait for a bomb. Also because of the new entrance time some platforms on the right side of the room are in stupid places.

If someone can figure out a way up along the right side that's safe that'd be helpful, but I take the left because of less bombs, and there are no bombs in the middle, if we go up the right we'd have to dodge bombs a lot more.

Just thought this was cool, 7-T is my favorite level because it was the first tower skip I found so it's always my favorite.
Been working at any% since February and have finally got a PB with a video that works. Comes in at 26.03 SDA timing (27.21 RTA) but with a big mistake in 5-3 wasting 20 seconds. Will be looking to improve this soon and give you some competition RaikerZ!

Edit history:
Bernacaz: 2015-06-23 12:05:21 pm
Alright, i've decided to start speedrunning New Super Mario Bros Wii, and, i was wondering, which controls should i use between Nunchuck and No Nunchuck? (Wii remote sideway)
I would recommend no nunchuck personally but whatever feels better. Having no nunchuck makes precise jumps easier I find.