--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Droog_Andrey: 2005-10-18 04:38:01 am
Thunderbolt Forever :)
A pretty demo!

And you say Jozsef is still not satistied? That's because of getting stuck in the crowd of hell-knights I guess, but all other things are so smooth, and even 100 health at the exit!..

Episode 2 - the hardrest episode! - just in 208 seconds. I wouldn't believe.

Congratulations people!

Quote:
Pffft! Lies!  :hit:
What are you talking about? Huh? Wink

P.S. I've just compared both demos (e2m5_034 and e2m5_036). The main difference is earlier RJ and small route change at the beginning (turning right in the blue corridor).

Thus, the red-armor button is pressed at 0:11.8 in the new demo instead of 0:14.5 in e2m5_036, so the gain is 2.7 s, and since e2m5_036 is actually 36.73, there are real chances to squeeze another second from here! Shocked

P.P.S. Almost a second is used to kill the first ogre, so theoretically it's possible to save time leaving him alive, but in practice you almost always stuck there, so I wouldn't think about 0:32, it seems to be as impossible as, say, e1m1_023...
From back in march 2004:

Quote:
well, i think we should name it just "qdqwav gold" or something like that, not a full part2 coz we wont improve all demos, but only like half or two-third...

Beaten that now!

What a pile of wonderful demos.  Hopefully the remaining gaps will be equally wonderful (and with us soon :)).
gött mos
The best part is that there aren't many gaps left Smiley
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote:
The best part is that there aren't many gaps left Smiley

Only the big gap between your buttcheeks after Horvath has ravaged them!

:devil:
gött mos
So much anger...
You should play more quake Stubby. Maybe it will calm you down  Grin
Quote:
Hopefully the remaining gaps will be equally wonderful (and with us soon :)).
Note that all four these gaps are Markus' demos. Smiley But I believe e1m6_009 and e4m1_018 are already excellent, there's nothing to improve.
Peter makes another devilishly good demo, e4m3_033:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/quake/projects/qdqwavp2/

I've labelled it done, I think that's fairly safe Smiley
Edit history:
Aquashark: 2005-11-12 10:16:15 pm
omg! wtf?
Shocked Shocked Shocked

spoiler:

that tarbaby grenade jump is $$$ and timing with it to come at the ledge must be insane. my god!
Mumma
So unless someone has some brilliant idea for e1m4 (or Peter and Jozsef have some more brilliant ideas for whatever) there's only e3m6 left... Connor?  Wink
I don't know if it's been up for discussion, but e4m7 could also be improved one more second (0,5 is all that's needed). I tried a little last night but the best I could do was 40, because I couldn't make as many rj's as Connor with that little health. The sixth RJ could be done before walking up the stairs like Connor did. It's not that much harder either.

Of course e3m2 could be improved too, but I'm not gonna do it.
Edit history:
j0zz1e: 2005-11-13 07:50:14 pm
pretty mad demo from Peter

Quote:
Of course e3m2 could be improved too, but I'm not gonna do it.

Heh, I wonder why not...? =)
I remember when I wanted to make the GJ out from the pit on nightmare, just to see how hard it is. I couldn't do it once although I spent couple of hours on it Smiley
So you don't feel like doing 17 then? Smiley
Nah, I dont feel like doing a 17 ...now Wink
Hey Ho Let's Go
e4m3: WOW! Typical Horvath show-off goodness  Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
big mistake in the table: total time shall be 11:32! only 2 seconds from 690 seconds now...
really, most demos that left to do are "optional", except e3m6:

e1m4
e2m5
e3m1
e3m2
e4m7
so we can get below 11:30 if "only" two of them get done...
and the only demos left unchanged by now are e1m6,  e3m1 and e4m1, all by markus! :wallbash:
Quote:
big mistake in the table: total time shall be 11:32!

Well, err, it's about as small a mistake as could be made Smiley  You're right though, I've fixed it.
Quote:
only 2 seconds from 690 seconds now...
really, most demos that left to do are "optional", except e3m6:

e1m4
e2m5
e3m1
e3m2
e4m7
so we can get below 11:30 if "only" two of them get done...

Well, all the people we might expect to do it say e1m4 is impossible.  For e2m5 there is some talk of crazy slope jumps which don't sound too plausible.  e3m1 otoh is almost certainly possible, just not-in-this-universe hard.  It would be frustrating to have to "settle" for 18.11 in e3m2 but if Martin can't do it, who can?  And e4m7 I'll believe when I see it.

I'm not sure about any of these, IOW Smiley
Quote:
and the only demos left unchanged by now are e1m6,  e3m1 and e4m1, all by markus! :wallbash:

Well, there's currently no real reason for having different e1m3, e1m5 or e2m1 AFAIK, beyond prettiness Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
old e1m5 is not by markus, but by sergi!
and even if you think e1m4 impossible, please make a better looking one, the gj in the current one looks outdated, i think ingmar's gj in qrdq looks better.
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote:
and even if you think e1m4 impossible, please make a better looking one, the gj in the current one looks outdated, i think ingmar's gj in qrdq looks better.

I think e1m4 looks good as it is, I just wish it was one second faster, but oh well  Wink
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote:
I'm not sure about any of these, IOW Smiley
Well, there's currently no real reason for having different e1m3, e1m5 or e2m1 AFAIK, beyond prettiness Smiley

Pretiness is VERY important if you ask me! There's a world of difference between a smooth demo and a jerky one. Even if the jerky one may be slighty faster (not a whole second of course), I'd add the pretty one without hesitation!  Smiley
Mumma
A few Markus demos in a speedrunning project isn't a bad thing... He had awesome style that still stands unequalled (by a margin imo) this many years after he sent his last demo.
Quote:

And the old e2m1 was by Attila -- so what? Smiley
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
well i just made a mistake, i thought you were talking about "markus' demos got beaten". :devil:
Hey Ho Let's Go
New demo: e3m6_024 by Mathias

http://speeddemosarchive.com/quake/projects/qdqwavp2/
Quote:
Well, all the people we might expect to do it say e1m4 is impossible.  For e2m5 there is some talk of crazy slope jumps which don't sound too plausible.  e3m1 otoh is almost certainly possible, just not-in-this-universe hard.  It would be frustrating to have to "settle" for 18.11 in e3m2 but if Martin can't do it, who can?  And e4m7 I'll believe when I see it.
So what? Smiley
omg! wtf?
noice! good to see the ball is still rolling