--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Mandel: 2005-10-03 08:33:54 am
Mumma
Connor! Making me happy on a monday morning! I won't even throw this ripe tomato at ya! I talked to Peter yesterday and basically he won't be doing any more qdqwav demos, at least not in a (long?) while. So you're good to go.

And OpenGl, ep3 is fine health wise. No need to redo e3m1 for that reason. All current demos fit nicely together (yeah a bit tight but that just makes it funnier to watch =).

About e4m2 there's still the variant where you do a bunny from the teleporter top as seen in e4m2_028. But I suspect that it's not worth the effort to try. The current demo looks very good anyway.
Edit history:
j0zz1e: 2005-10-03 10:55:37 am
sigh, i got 19.00 on e4m4 yesterday evening..........oh well, i'll get it eventually (i hope)
also, Peter begged me about e2m5 so i think i'll have to try that too. we'll see.
Stubby, did you get the new e2m6?

update: i've just checked my mail and saw you didn't get it. I'll resend/upload it then soon.
Hey Ho Let's Go
Jozsef, I replied to your message on ICQ, read it before you re-send the demo  Wink
Mumma
Quote:
sigh, i got 19.00 on e4m4 yesterday evening..........oh well, i'll get it eventually (i hope)

Aiming for 18 then? That sounds fantastic!
nah i'm pretty sure he was aiming for 19.0000  Wink
Edit history:
Droog_Andrey: 2005-10-05 01:30:00 am
Thunderbolt Forever :)
Quote:
Yeah unbelievable demo, Peter!
These 3 demos from Peter save 16 seconds from QdQwav... Shocked

Quote:
So, these are the demos that can still be updated:
  • e1m4 (+e1m5?)
  • e2m5
  • e3m1, e3m6
  • e4m2, e4m3, e4m4
And e3m2 and e4m7 have low decimals...

But I agree that
Quote:
In fact there aren't many 'have to' demos left.

e1m4_012, e2m5_035, e3m6_024 and e4m4_018 - it would be enough I think.

As for e3m1_024, e3m2_017, e4m2_029, e4m3_036 and e4m7_037 - IMHO they're optional.

P.S. Please correct the total time in the tables...
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
i think e4m2_029 is "must do" aswell...
dont forget that the current 0:30 can't be used.
others are optional.
anyway, demos from peter are most amazing in this project. :wallbash:
Edit history:
j0zz1e: 2005-10-05 10:22:41 am
ive sent you the 18 yesterday stubbz......did you get it? seems like you didnt get what i send to stubgaard@planetquake.com, ive sent this one to stubgaard@sol.dk, so whats that?

btw, imho e4m2 can be done in 28 either with the alias at the end

e1m4_012 - what the fuck are you talking about? you can think so easily in theory without even trying these shits...sheesh

e2m5 - aiming for 34 here for sure

oh btw, props to Weixing for the e4m4_018 idea!!!

EDIT: bah, get it from here:
http://delfin.unideb.hu/~sj0002/e4m4_018.dz
Edit history:
Stubgaard: 2005-10-05 10:36:23 am
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote:
ive sent you the 18 yesterday stubbz......did you get it? seems like you didnt get what i send to stubgaard@planetquake.com, ive sent this one to stubgaard@sol.dk, so whats that?

btw, imho e4m2 can be done in 28 either with the alias at the end

e1m4_012 - what the fuck are you talking about? you can think so easily in theory without even trying these shits...sheesh

e2m5 - aiming for 34 here for sure

oh btw, props to Weixing for the e4m4_018 idea!!!

EDIT: bah, get it from here:
http://delfin.unideb.hu/~sj0002/e4m4_018.dz

W don't check pq.com mails anymore, we haven't done so since we moved to sda.com  Smiley And it says on the project page which email(s) to send your demos to.

I re-opened my pq.com mail account just to get your e2m6 demo  Wink (I had to sort through 99% spam to find it)

Anyways, nice demos! Nice new trick with e4m4! Too bad about the crap bunny at the exit, huh  Grin

I'll post the demos in a bit.
Hey Ho Let's Go
Demos posted:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/quake/projects/qdqwavp2/
Mumma
Woo way to go Jozsef, I can barely wait to get home and watch the demos!!
Edit history:
Droog_Andrey: 2005-10-05 12:31:55 pm
We have 700 seconds! Smiley

Quote:
But it would make the first episode optimized... so it could be a part of Quake done Quickest Cheesy
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Well I don't think you can call it optimized if it's possible to beat any of the demos, and I know there are people that believe e1m3_023 is possible.  I think also someone mentioned e1m1 can be a second faster too.  But of course the times would be very good.
e1m3_023 would make e1m4_012 impossible.

As for e1m1_023... Roll Eyes Theoretically yes, but in practice...
I really dont get you guys....
Just why the hell do you think e1m3_023 or e1m4_012 is humanly possible... just becoz the record on these maps hadnt beaten for years doesnt mean they still can be improved. No. Don't you ever thought that these are just simply sharp enough coz ep1 was/is the most popular episode and runners played it alot more compared to the others that's why so optimized times are already present. Hmm?
"Theoretically". It's a nice word but recently my head pains pretty much when I read it. It's alot more different trying a record than thinking "oh it's possible to save 0.3 here, 0.5 there bla bla". No it's FUCKING not that surely possible.

Stubby: ok I get it, my mistake, I apologize. Yeah I know I screwed up the bunny at the end.... *sigh* Once again it's tipically my form. Had a real tough FATF for hours when I made it to the final gate, and at the moment I made that mistake I truly felt it's gonna be 19.1 or somethign annoying once again. And when I saw the timer, I was like "WTF?!?!?!?!? 18.7?????" How better it would've been to make a 18.999 and than you had thought it's fucking optimized. But oh just no. Never happens. It's a curse on me I bet Smiley
Hey Ho Let's Go
New demo: e4m2_029

I'm addicted to games
Well theoretically, e1m1_021 must be possible on nightmare because it's possible on easy. The only thing stopping it is the grunts. You'd just have to have a 1000000000000000000 to 1 feat of them all cooperating. (number made up)

Theory and practice are different.  :angel:
Hey Ho Let's Go
I can see e1m4 being done one second faster, but if someone told me e1m1 or e1m3 would be beaten, I would tell them to shut their potty mouth!

:hit:
Edit history:
Droog_Andrey: 2005-10-10 01:52:37 pm
Quote:
"Theoretically". It's a nice word but recently my head pains pretty much when I read it. It's alot more different trying a record than thinking "oh it's possible to save 0.3 here, 0.5 there bla bla". No it's FUCKING not that surely possible.
As for practice - you are definitely right. I've just tried to improve some my old demos and get pretty enraged trying and trying to save some decimals here and there.

As soon as you success somewhere, you get some incredibly unlucky situation afterwards. Sometimes it happens that old, well-learnt trick fails 30-40 times in a row. E.g., some grunt runs in the most unfavorable direction again and again and again, although his choice was random during previous 100 attempts or about...

I just can't imagine the patience needed to record something like e2m2_034, e2m4_039, e4m5_009, e4m7_043, e4m8_513...

P.S. People, please correct the total time finally Smiley

It should be 11:38 Shocked at the moment.
I'm addicted to games
don't double post
Hey Ho Let's Go
New demo: e2m5_034

gött mos
Wow, that was a fantastic demo Jozsef!
It's amazing how you are able to squeeze your way past the monsters. If it was me I wouldn't be able to get past them and the run would end with me cursing my monitor Wink
Hey Ho Let's Go
I'm moving to a new apartment on friday, so please forward your demos to either Mandel or mwh while I'm gone, thanks.

It shouldn't take long before I get back online though.

So Midas, where's that e3m1?  Wink
gött mos
Can't play e3m1, my monitor is cursed Wink
Hey Ho Let's Go
Quote:
Can't play e3m1, my monitor is cursed Wink

Pffft! Lies!  :hit: