--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Mandel: 2007-01-27 11:11:12 pm
[url]www.mandelmassa.net/temp/e3m1_new_route.dem[/url]

(Space added because "Guests cannot post links.")
Thread title:  
This looks very good. But I'm not an expert Smiley
You are faster than the old route and you also have the GK already. Why don't you go and beat the record?
Mumma
Let's all hope Marvin will try it for evaluation purposes at least  Wink

(I made a link out of your link, hope you don't mind)
Hey Ho Let's Go
It certainly looks like the route has potential. I'll have a closer look one of these days.
Great find!! Grin

I remember you saying somthing about it some months ago on irc, so I thought I could give it a shot now, got this 1:09.8 with some little mistakes (dog, climbing the boxes and killing the last few monsters), but there's little chance I'll ever get a 1:08. -> www.freewebs.com/supimpaquake/e3m1_109.dz

Also, I feel kinda bad doing it since you were like 3s from ep1 ER, then .03s from e1m1_021.. I always knew you were a better player than I am (just look at that GdQ thread), so I think you should keep trying this, I'm sure you can get it. Sooner or later some mad dane is going to optimize all id1 100%s, so we better get some of it before it's gone. Smiley

So good luck with that and good luck Martin with pwning Ken  Tongue
Nice route. It looks to me like a couple of seconds can be saved at the start and a couple of seconds at the end again. Anything slower than 1:05 would be a dissapointment, so good luck with that. Smiley

I can't believe no one thought of this earlier... It's quite obvious now that you know of it.
I always knew 1:08 was doable even with the route I used.

Between working full time, and having to dedicate some time to my wife and son, I find it awfuly hard to even sit at my home computer. But I'll see if I can find some time to at least experiment with the route :-)

But I just noticed there is a contest up, so maybe the time I find in the next few days should be used for this....

But anyone feel free to "pwn" my old demo =) .. can't wait to get home and watch this!!

-Arturo
Martin my friend, you were right, anything over 1:05 would be a disappointment.... and even a 1:05 as well.  Wink

1:03 is doable, but I'm fed up with it. Maybe you wanna give it a go?

Take care.