--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Michael 'arglefumph' Gray!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/nancydrewhauntedmansion-20150111/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by April 5, 2015.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
same as the previous Nancy Drew runs by the same runner that is, easy Accept
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2015-04-01 10:59:23 am
Doing this! I love these games already... but I have to pre-emptively complain about Nancy's voice.

3:50
So by the commentary I get the runner is using two mice here: one with a higher sensitivity for dragging the pieces around and another one to adjust their position just slightly. I don't think using the Windows keypad mouse option could be considered cheating either if there was a way to make it move a tiny bit at a time. Otherwise I dunno if making the "precision" mouse be even less sensitive wouldn't have eased the puzzle further.
14:40
The runner failed a bit by not realizing there's GOING to be one of these on the I-net: http://analogbit.com/software/puzzletools/
To be fair it's quite a bit to remember and only works for non-random puzzles unless you can set it up to solve it for you in real-time and it's still faster than just feeling your way.
Have to remember to check for more tools like that since a part of the puzzles in these games are standard ones. Also do you know of anyone who'd be interested in creating more tools to find optimal solutions for other puzzles? It's a big part of running this series by the looks of it.

Make sure to record audio commentaries with every game you run Smiley

accept
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A / V : Good

Cheating : None Detected

Gameplay : As expected from this runner, solid execution.

ACCEPT
I didn't think about switching the sensitivity of the keypad mouse! That might have helped. I dunno, I just found it more useful to use the keypad when moving the pieces a pixel or two.

I had no idea there was an automatic slider puzzle solver on the Internet! Granted, the last time I looked was a few years ago, but whatever. I used the "quick slider puzzle strategy" that people used during Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker speedruns in 2008, mainly because that's a pretty solid slider puzzle strategy that's easy to remember. I'm not sure if the piece locations in that puzzle are randomized or not, but I know that if you play the game on Junior Mode, it's a 3 by 3 puzzle, not a 4 by 4.
Stuff to keep in mind I think.

Hope verification will resume sometime soon.
Decision posted.