--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Myst.html

Myst (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Robert 'Gelly' Gelhar!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Myst (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/Myst-20151231/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
56 seconds: why do you look at the book before entering the "chimney"? What's the delay with entering the chimney about? Were you too far away from it for it to be selected or does the game not let you? How about the delay before Atreus reacts to you in his room? Would have wished for some comments on that stuff...
In my experience, I get weird triggers that give that delay when you enter the library too fast like that. I'm not sure if that's universal, but if it's not, I'll try to rectify that tech issue asap. As for the book, that was a mouse senitivity issue I didn't think was too much of a time loss, considering the fireplace enter trigger.
A really short run like this will be scrutinized in much more detail, so what constitutes a small or big mistake scales up and down according to run/segment length. Because it's hardly 2 minutes long I'm just wondering if there could be an even cleaner run... If you told me those delays were always there I'd probably give it an accept straight off but could you figure out if there's anything you can do about them?
Oh, wow, I'm dumb. Turns out I have a conflict with two programs, realMyst and whatPulse, and it causes various issues with literal clicking. Yeah, This run is definately up to par, now that I can actually click. Sorry for the inconveinance :/
Waiting for new files then...
Submitted new files for verification, the fix for the conflict plus a minor reroute ended up saving a total of four seconds for a result of 1:18. Again, the second load time ends up totaling about .6 seconds, so not deducted from the end time.
The new files are available through the link in the second post.
Okay then. I like the new stuff with the route. You really have to think about all such details in a run this short and they make it look better too!

accept
Intruding N313 and F014
Very smoothly done!  And the new routing is much better.  (I saw that the old run was there so I watched it too.)

Accept.
Decision posted.