List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MohawkAndHeadphoneJack.html

Mohawk and Headphone Jack (Any %) (Single Segment) [Warpless]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Surprised nobody's responded to this yet, I won't do my usual breakdown of the run but needless to say it's...dizzying *nyuck nyuck* how impressive this is. Warpless is something I never thought I'd see for this game, not only that the amount of dedication and optimization that went into this is fantastic. PJ churns out tons of amazing runs and this one is no different, very easy accept from me.

Quote:
Ah, right; got busy with stuff and forgot I still had to verify this (plus I'd already seen the run on youtube).

Another great run from PJ, very well-played as always, and it's nice to finally see worlds 4 and 6 in a speedrun.  Anything I could think to say about the run, PJ has probably already said in his comments.  Why don't we let him put this game to rest now and recover from the motion sickness.

Accept.

Quote:
That's a lot of fucking CDs.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Patrick 'PJ' DiCesare!
Thread title:  
This is now a thing.  Congrats PJ!  Guess I'll have to break out the whiskey for this one Wink
Sandbagging
Quote:
Haters gonna hate
I'm not looking forward to the amount of alcohol I'll have to consume to join the commentary on this again.

Congrats PJ!
Is PJ
I agree with verifier 3.  And Mecha Richter.  Thanks for watching this, verifiers!  I feel like I owe you something.  Haha.
Totally rad
Quote from Exo:
Quote:
Edit history:
PJ: 2012-10-20 11:22:02 am
Is PJ
Whoa, wait a minute.  I just realized there was a bounty on this.  :O

Sup Dragondarch.  Wink
Pudding%
Yeah, get with me on that.
Anything you can do I can do halfass
Still cleaning out my backlog of unwatched runs.  Awesome job!  The warps shake-correction was epic; I can't even imagine running this game warpless enough to get it right >.<

And yeh, I never did get much further than the physics proof of concept for M&HJ 3D.  The big barrier is not so much the engine- the PoC shows the engine works, after all.  The real challenge is the sheer level construction time.  Granted, I don't need to define a vector for every single point in the world the way M&HJ does, but I still need to fill the entire level with precisely-fitted volumetric regions.  And that's a pain for level geometry of any complexity.
Although the commentary tangent on map load algos for high speed scrolling gave me a possibly easier yet possibly more terrible idea than simply a 3D M&HJ-engine platformer... M&HJ Team Racing, anyone?