andrewg: 2013-12-16 09:53:40 pm
andrewg: 2013-12-16 09:36:04 pm
Hi! I'm andrewg!
Stop editing the vidz.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 11:46:59 am
MK Wizard
There's been cheaters on here and all record websites.  That's why I'm not going to submit anything to any of them except Retro Uprising from now on.  Because you have to play live on that site while they record you. 
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2013-12-17 06:55:34 am
Omnigamer: 2013-12-16 10:19:46 pm
Omnigamer: 2013-12-16 10:10:51 pm
All the things
Cleaned up post.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Do not be alarmed folks, I am pretty sure this is not the real Mike Girard. If it is please take this matter up with me via PM and do not clutter the thread with trashtalk/Mortal Kombat. If you have relevant things to add please do so by all means. We like to share strategies and you are welcome to share anything about MTPO that would be useful for speedruns.
MK Wizard
This is the real Mike Girard.  I've been hooked on Mortal Kombat Online action the last 2 and half years.  I know there's video editing cheaters that have submitted to all of the record keeping websites.  That doesn't mean I think everybody is doing that.  I just decided to come on here again and basically say "see I told you so" about the Mr. Sandman strategy that people didn't think existed.  I should of just said something about it back in 2010.  I'm sorry for not telling you guys about it.  It's pretty damn hard to land all of the right hooks in the 1st phase without screwing one up too.  Nice job McHazard for figuring out the faster Sandman strat and nice job guys for getting some vids rounded up with some fast times on MTPO. :-) 
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Hah, this Girard_Bros is nothing but a joke account. If this were the real Girard, he'd remember that he posted comments on my 2:19.00 Sandman video under two youtube accounts. One was named Mike Girard, tell me what the 2nd one was if you're the real deal.
MK Wizard
DJ Vidler
(user is banned)
Edit history:
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 01:13:54 pm
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 01:09:53 pm
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 01:09:17 pm
MK Wizard
:-)
Edit history:
Deuceler: 2013-12-17 01:16:51 pm
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
It seems like we can't have a single game post on here with progress that doesn't include some kind of dumb ass drama. It's a shame.

I have full faith in SDA submissions and the people who are verifying them, if you had "better strats" they would have come forth long ago. Great work Zallard, keep it up man
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Quote from Girard_Bros:
DJ Vidler

Cool, thanks for proving that you didn't know McHazard's strat back in 2010.

Quote from Girard_Bros:
Better yet, how about some pics

Cool lotto pic, bro.

Your Don 2 video is BS btw. Vid or it didn't happen.
MK Wizard
The video will be up on You Tube in a few hours.  I knew you could hit Sandman low in the 1st phase back in November of 2009.  It took me around 40 hours of trying after coming up with a pattern that "I" came up with on Don 2 to get 1:23.97.  If Don 2 would of gotten up on 8 both times I could of gotten an even faster record.  I tried for a while and eventually gave up on it.  It's almost impossible to get him to get up on 8 both times and get the extra stars needed for the strategy to work.  My Don 2 strategy video is all I have to offer the Punch-Out!! community that should help get a faster time on him still.  I think I could of gotten 1:16.xx on him if he would of gotten up on 8 both times with the smaller energy refills.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Quote from Girard_Bros:
The video will be up on You Tube in a few hours.

Sounds good. It'd be nice to see you contribute something positive to the community Smiley

Quote from Girard_Bros:
I knew you could hit Sandman low in the 1st phase back in November of 2009.

Unfortunately, no you didn't. Your supposed 2:18.82 took no advantage of the gut punches.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-18 10:38:00 pm
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 04:40:30 pm
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 04:39:55 pm
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 04:34:23 pm
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 04:31:32 pm
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 04:31:03 pm
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 03:52:12 pm
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 03:50:58 pm
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 03:49:46 pm
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 03:49:05 pm
Girard_Bros: 2013-12-17 03:43:43 pm
MK Wizard
What do you think of Matt Turk's records zallard1?  We never saw most of his record videos but yet most people think he got them.  I still think he should have to show proof too.  As for not telling you the Sandman strat.  It was because you were talking like rude to me and because I didn't want anybody else to tie or break my record on Twin Galaxies.  I got my Don 2 record on 7/6/10.  Matt Turk saw the video back then and confirmed it was legit.  It's possible to get 2:17.xx using McHazard's Sandman strategy outside of TAS.  I'm sure Matt Turk is trying to get the hang of it so he can get back on top again.  I'm done with the old analog game systems at the moment.  Because they play like crap on my HDTV. :-(
I guess good things come in brothers
MK Wizard
I tried doing a left body blow and then a right body blow at the start of the last phase of Don 2 before and then did the 2 face jabs and a star uppercut and Don 2 didn't go down.  You have to do 2 right body blows in order for him to go down after 5 total punches.
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
Well done fight Mike, you gonna come back too it or what
I will after I get another regular old style TV.  I have around 250 NES games and only really play the Punch-Out!! games once in a while.  I still think there's more unknown faster strategies to MTPO.  Don 2 has to have some kind of a better strat to get more stars.  I saw on my video that he got up on 4 when I knocked him at :44 and he got up on 8 when I knocked him down at 1:08.  It must of been a coincidence that it was the same numbers he got up as the last numbers on the clock.  Maybe not though.  I've gotten him to get up on 8 both times but only when I was short 1 star. :-(  I wish someone would TAS the Don 2 strat punch for punch and have him get up on 8 both times to see what time would be TKO'ed at.
Hot damn.. Sandman + Don 2 WRs for three years without anyone beating em. That's a sign of a true legend.. respect bro. If you return be sure to stream on Twitch so I can follow you, you clearly have some skills to put on the MTPO table.
MK Wizard
I'm going to go and get another JVC analog TV from my Dad's place so I can play MTPO again.  I'm sick of playing against the same guy on MK Online with his 200+ alternate accounts all the time.  I want to help figure out some new strats for Don 2 and a few other characters at least.  I also want to get some more world records on video to put up on You Tube since Matt Turk didn't put his up.  From now on I'm going by what zallard1 said "EITHER SHOW THE VIDEO OR YOU DIDN'T REALLY GET IT." :-)
Speedrunner
I don't know what to make of this.
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Nice Don 2 video. Wasn't completely optimal, but the luck more than made up for it.

It'd be nice to see your 2:18.82 that you recorded. Should be just as easy to post as the Don 2 vid was. It would especially be good to post considering that's the entire reason your considered a suspicious player and all. Posting that video would probably clear your reputation and make you a respectable player.

As far as Turk goes, the dude put forth massive amounts of effort to pioneer alot of the strats used today. He put forth the attempts and has never appeared to do anything shady in the past. I just cannot say the same for you, considering your shady past with passing off the PAL version of Sandman as an NTSC fight.