Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/PunchOut.html

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Any %) (Individual Level)
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote from DK28:
The MTPO train stops for nobody!  Sinister continues to show his dominance.  These are two of the greatest improvements yet, hot off the Macho man improvement.  Get hype people!

Quote from zallard1:
Tyson IL: Completely beasted the fight from start to finish. This fight is actually really similar to the 2:17 I submitted not so long ago with 6 frame perfect hits in phase 3, but Tyson showed some mercy for once in his life and didn't do the 3 second delay anywhere. I have a feeling that this submission will be obsoleted by sinister soon, since this seems to be the trend with IL's lately (submit IL -> suddenly new IL crushed old one). The IL table is so damn close to being all WR's... it's really amazing how far this game has come in recent years. The sub 2:13 is on its way... and I can't wait.

EDIT: LOL. 1 day after I write the verification above, sinister gets the 2:13. He gets 7 frame perfect hits in phase 3 which is just enough to finally tie the legendary Turk record. Using Omnigamer's new Tyson finder posted in the main MTPO thread, sinister gets a 2:13.97 on Tyson. I know he is going to beat this one too, so it's only a matter of time...

Single Segment: I could write an enormous amount of stuff about this run, but I'm just going to mention a select few things to keep this at a manageable length.

-Hippo giving up the good pattern even with a miss is awesome.
-Bald Bull giving up the lucky star AND the good refill is so good.
-Soda not throwing hooks AND Hippo not being a jerk in the same run?! Whoa.
-Missed a tough star at the start of Bull 2, but the ear rub pattern keeps the run rolling...
-YOU REMEMBERED 1:57.5 FOR SANDMAN!!!
-Back up strat for Macho in phase 3 when you have 0 stars was flawless.
-The nerves start showing in this fight, but it's no wonder with a run like this on the line. Tyson opens with one of his best possible patterns which is incredibly lucky. I=After the first knockdown at 1:08, it gave sin enough time to regroup and unleash multiple frame perfect hits throughout the rest of the fight to seal the run off with a 2:45.

This run finally obsoletes the original segmented run that SDA got, which is an enormous accomplishment with how intense the luck and execution is with this game. One of the strongest accept votes possible.

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Mike Tyson IL: Yup, that's a 2:13 alright.

Single Segment: Great execution, couple of moments of fantastic luck, adds up to improvement.

It's sinister1. Duh.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'sinister1'!
Thread title: