Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/PunchOut.html

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Any %) (Individual Level)

Verifier Responses

Quote from DK28:
Zallard.  MTPO.  Duh.

Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Improvement. It's zallard. Yup.

Quote from sinister1:
I saw this IL live on Zallard1's stream. It was a very happy moment for me and a thing of beauty to behold. Zallard1 is a true champion of this game and motivates me to keep playing.

Phase 1:
He achieved his first ever 0:25 phase 1 which is what Matt Turk had gotten in his 0:48.82. This phase is one of the hardest in MTPO ILs and requires large amounts of luck and skill.

Phase 2:
Any time someone gets a time/trick/etc that they have never gotten before it is like instant nerves. He somehow managed to hold it together and not mess up and extremely difficult phase 2 (the timing of the dizzy destroyers has almost no margin for error). By getting the 0:25 phase 1 he was able to avoid the dreaded clock rollover and Macho backed up at 36 instead of 37.

Phase 3:
Zallard1 showed tremendous amounts of courage to go for a 3 spin blind spin sucker which is 5/16 likely. He was able to avoid messing up the final two punches which is not trivial and down went Macho.

This is hands down the best IL in the table now and congratulations to Zallard 1 on doing what was once thought was impossible. He executed perfectly and only had one stroke of bad luck which is a star that costs some frames. Anyone who wants to beat this IL better be somewhat insane because that is what it will take.

Shoutouts to Matt Turk for setting the bar so high and motivating the rest of us to push the limits of what is possible in this game. I personally believe that this serves as verification for Matt Turk's 0:48.82 as it is his strategy Zallard1 used. For the Turk doubters ask yourself this question: If someone was going to cheat wouldn't they just make a time that was closer to the theory TAS for a particular strategy?

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Zack 'Zallard1' Allard!
Thread title:  
B+Left, Left, Up+B, ★
Thanks everyone for the lightning quick verification! Also wanted to thank sin for the kind words on the Macho fight. As of right now that is probably my favorite/best Punch Out IL fight spanning every Punch Out game. The heavy mix of tech and luck in this one fight is overwhelming, and to finish it off with a guess at him stopping his random spin punches just to cut frames is the ultimate risk in an IL with this much luck. The fact that the attempt ended up being streamed even though I was doing alot of offline attempts was just icing on the cake.