List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Mighty Final Fight (Any %) (Single Segment) [Character: Guy]
Mighty Final Fight (Any %) (Single Segment) [Character: Cody]
Mighty Final Fight (Any %) (Single Segment) [Character: Haggar]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Sean 'MURPHAGATOR!' Murphy!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Mighty Final Fight (Any %) (Single Segment) [Character: Guy]
Mighty Final Fight (Any %) (Single Segment) [Character: Haggar]
Mighty Final Fight (Any %) (Single Segment) [Character: Cody]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/mightyfinalfight/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by March 18, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Is PJ
Accept Haggar.  Reject the other two for bad character choice.

Not gonna lie, I didn't download the verification files or read Murph's submission notes.  I've been following his progress on this since the beginning (when I thought this game was fake) and I've seen the final runs he got for each character...and in some cases I've seen them 2-3 times.  I know if I download the runs and close this tab, I'll forget about it and never actually verify these runs.  So yea...I'll proceed with my verification and hopefully someone else checks to make sure these are the right videos.

Murph spent a super long time on this game, "figuring out" enemy spawns, experience thresholds for each stage, strats for handling enemies and whatnot.  "Figuring out" is in quotes because this game is stupidly random...on basically everything.  Enemy health is random and the number of enemies that spawn is also entirely random, including spawning no enemies at all in certain places.  Considering he needs to gain enough exp by certain points (exp comes from enemies, ofc), but too many spawns costs extra time, there's a really fine balance between ideal spawns and way too many/too few.  That being said, Murph spent way longer optimizing these runs than anybody ever should have, and it definitely shows.  There's still visible room for "improvement" in these runs, but the luck in this game is just so stupid that it's totally unrealistic to expect.

Despite my opening sentence, I have to accept all three runs.
Not a walrus
Apparently I'm the only one besides Murph who's ever played this game.

Runs are good, not perfect but you can't expect a game like this to be flawless.

It amuses me how much some of the music sounds like it fell out of MM6. Stage 2 wouldn't be out of place as a Wily Castle song from that game.

Anyway, accept.
Edit history:
ktwo: 2014-03-06 05:39:36 am
I talked to Mighty Bomb Jack the other day and mentioned that some folks were interested in moving in next to him in the game list. He got super excited when he heard it was some fellow nes-colleagues and promised to check them out. He just got back to me and said that the video quality was crisp, the audio was clear and the gameplay was clean enough for a beat-em up. In conclusion, Jack thought these runs would fit perfectly into the "Mighty" neighborhood of the game list.

ACCEPT x3

P.S. Once the practical issues of the move are taken care of (timing, final encode and publishing), Cody, Guy, Haggar and Jessica are welcome over to Jack and the royal family for dinner. (by the way, Jack specifically requested me to write that Jessica is more than welcome to wear that red dress and high heels for the occasion)
Terraffirmative!
ktwo I just want to say you are my hero for all the time you spend doing public verifications.
Professional Second Banana
Quote from MURPHAGATOR!:
ktwo I just want to say you are my hero for all the time you spend doing public verifications.

This.  Very much This.
Is PJ
Quote from MURPHAGATOR!:

Agreed.  <3 <3 <3
Thanks guys. It's true that I have done quite a few verifications in this section lately. I apologize in advance if this is not the place, but there are basically two reasons. The first is that I have stopped to do private verifications. Even for games I know very well. With how things look at sda at the moment, I strongly believe that there are pretty much only benefits from putting everything into public verification from the start. The second is to support where it looks like it's most needed. I know the bases around here are covered for Sonic, Castlevania etc, so at the moment I just spend my time on the "obscure" stuff instead.

I have some changes in my personal life coming up, so it's uncertain if I can be as active as I have been lately though. (the time is also ticking for finishing my Solomon's Key best ending run!)
Looks like this is pretty much verified so I'll join in on this discussion Cheesy

I'm fairly sure people still aren't informed enough about public verification and how it works and what you DON'T need to know to do it etc. It's just whoever happened to read those few threads that addressed the topic recently. If the numbers thin out too much (and frankly, you can't expect the same people to be doing every verification), I think there should just be another front page update on the topic. Who says the updates have to only feature runs? It's virtually the only page every community member is sure to read, those delving deeper into the forums are much fewer I'll venture.

ktwo: I can see why you'd choose going public all the way... People can still state their level of connosseurship if exceeding "none" and verification be weighted accordingly. I think the idea with not doing that is that there's only so much we can expect of random verifiers and it's SOOO easy to be mistaken about your judgments when you don't know the game... so it's kind of keeping the need for that at a minimum. That's why my view is to keep it as it is for now.
Decision posted.