Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Metro2033.html

Metro 2033 (Any %) (Segmented) (Hardcore)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Zach 'Duane Jones' R!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Metro 2033 (Any %) (Segmented) (Hardcore)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/metro2033/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by July 22, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
A/V quality great. The language changing is actually kinda funny, hearing all the different accents, but it's of course part of the routing now.

This game is really low on tech, and the gunplay is often extremely straight-forward, so it's all about looking at the details. And those details are great. Barely any missteps, barely any getting caught on objects. Good handling of the handguns, which can be pretty difficult. The amount of time that could be shaved off, without any further discoveries, is down to seconds.

Oh and it's played on the hardest game mode and it's faster than the easy mode run, I believe?

Total Accept.
Wake up and be awesome
God dammit, the one time my internet won't load videos (nothing having to do with the videos themselves, just an internet thing) I can't verify this run Sad . Anyway, I watched one of the segments on YouTube, and that run looked great. Seriously, getting a faster run on the hardest diff. compared to the easy diff. run on SDA is no easy task, even with new skips. Granted, I haven't seen 95% of the rest of the run, but going by what Onin said, easy accept
Everything has been said, audio and video quality are perfect. For me it looks like consistent 60 fps/720p. Accept.
Edit history:
Soliduz Znake: 2014-07-22 08:04:40 pm
watching the videos about a quarter way finishing them. from the comments it seems this be verified sooner but just in case I'll add my comments. so far the run is very amazing. will try to add comments once done.
edit: watched almost all except those were not important like dialogue/cutscenes. impressive aiming skills and ammo management. Accept.
Thanks a bunch for the comments so far guys.

I mentioned it in the run notes, but I feel like I should say it again...Huge shout-outs and thank you to Bebe and Sandstormify.  Without Bebe's original run on easy it would've been incredibly difficult to route the game properly.  And without Sandstormify, we wouldn't know about the HUGE new skips that I used on Bridge and Dead City 2.  Without their work, my run wouldn't exist.
Decision posted.