Smiley
Sad
<- 123456
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
After M2033 are you interested in running Metro L.L. It's a little bit longer than 2033 but actually sub 2:48 is possible.
I love Metro Last Light, but after watching the current run which I think was accepted last September (and still doesn't have it's own page on the main site) and trying a few runs myself, I don't think I want to work on it that much.

The game is super fun, but it from what I remember...the majority of the last half of the levels are just getting out of bounds as soon as possible and then running outside the level into a loading zone.  Which is fine, it just doesn't seem as fun.

It's a totally legit run, specifically the earlier levels, but right now I'm not planning on running that game. 

The other game I'm working on right now, aside from trying to make Metro 2033 even faster, is Red Faction.  I should probably at least do some work on a Last Light run...I really love the game.
I didn't know about out of bounds in metro last light, anyway where can i watch your run from m2033?
Edit history:
ymh: 2014-07-04 05:20:12 am
^
Here's the first part:

So there's only few small shortcuts or am i missing something? I have watched so far 12 parts and this game looks more solid than i thought which means obb skips are impossible. I tried routing M2033 like 2 months ago and no useful skips killed my enthusiasm.
The only out of bounds stuff I have found is useless.  You can't get back "in" to the level and if you venture more than a few steps outside of the boundary the game kills you. 
If you say so, but i think i'm able to find something useful.
Man, if you can find something useful, that would be awesome.  I've spent tons of time looking for stuff without finding anything, but I bet there's definitely still things left to find. 

Let me know if I can be of any help dude.  As of right now I'm kinda rusty at the game mechanically, but I think I have a greater knowledge base regarding the game than just about anyone. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is....LET'S BREAK THIS SHIT WIDE OPEN!
Quick question do you run this game on hard?
I don't play on hard. 

My run is on ranger hardcore, specifically.
The hardest one? So far i can save 5 seconds in first misson (comparing to your run). I don't know if it's good or something needles.
Edit history:
Duane Jones: 2014-07-06 04:13:47 pm
Yes, the hardest one.

I've gotten the first level faster since I did the run I submitted to SDA.  My best is roughly 4 seconds (ish) faster than the one from the run.  If you got one 5 seconds faster, that would be...3:48?  That's great. 

I sent you  PM too.
I know this isn't really the right thread, but there's no metro LL thread to post this in so...

I discovered superslide in metro LL on my first playthrough of the game, you can see a video here (sorry about the low framerate.

What happened was the boss hit me, and as I was flying through the air I killed it with a shotgun blast. I hit the wall and noticed I couldn't move at all, I tried turning around and I flew backwards at a pretty good rate, don't know if this has any real applications, but I figured I'd share, I don't know the engine differences between metro 2033 and LL so it might be completely irrelevant to 2033.

Also the effect doesn't carry over into the next level. Sorry for reviving a dead thread, I don't know if anyone even runs it anymore.
Hello and Oops, I did it again.  I don't know if anybody actually runs RTA or if anyone is still trying to do segmented but..

I got bored recently and decided to get Metro 2033 for a few dollars since I lost my previous copy, annnndd I found a potential 1:00min save give or take on Dead City 1. It isn't consistent yet but optimally saves about a min.

I seem to be a glitch/OOB Magnet since I also found a OOB on Exhibition just today but it has no application in a run. Hope you like Tongue Sucks because it completely takes out my previous skip.

I seem to be on a roll so I will continue looking for more, I don't know if i'll try a run since I will mainly do RTA, and it's about a two and a half hour run. We'll see.
Edit history:
sandstormify: 2016-01-11 07:46:56 pm
Hey again, Same day, messed around with Dead City 2 and found another skip. Turns out if you get out of bounds and get behind the fence that breaks due to the gargoyle, you can activate the cut scene without bourbon there. Will upload a video either tonight or tomorrow, probably tonight.

Here it is, saves another min or so.

Wish I found this earlier, looking at the older posts from 2 years ago, feel like these would have been interesting.
Both of these skips are top notch.  I'm getting super tempted to do another segmented run including this, and other new stuff, and with higher A/V quality.
Edit history:
sandstormify: 2016-01-12 04:50:45 pm
sandstormify: 2016-01-12 01:12:41 pm
Day 2. Messed around with ghosts but even from my perspective there's nothing there BUT!, once on anomaly I found a way to get past all the fighting with the nosaliases. The same with the Slowbon 2, khan the sloth skip allows you to jump on the buggie and then khan will teleport to you to continue on. Will post another video later on it. Cheesy

And it will probably save 1 min~
Alright, I go SO sad once i tried my first recording of this because the game softlocks when you go as soon as you get ontop of the train since khan hasn't loaded a needed animation. Instead you have to wait near the front in order for him to start the animation of when he jumps over the metal boxes.

Recently actually, I learned instead of waiting on top of the train, once you get on, fall to the right of the train and wait for his animation so you can start sprinting to the end. This saves at least 5-10~ seconds off this recordings time.
Edit history:
Arrowth: 2017-04-28 09:24:10 am
-
Edit history:
sandstormify: 2016-01-18 02:09:01 pm
Yeah man these are great, I expected most of what I found in metro to also work in metro redux, sadly the ladder skip on bridge is impossible in redux.

The first skip on prologue can maybe save a few seconds maybe up to 10 if it is perfectly executed and routed out. Metro has a bunch of invisible "Wall Plants" outside of the map which make it difficult to traverse. We would be interested on what other things were found in redux to see if they can also be performed on the original.

Does the prologue skip work on Tower to speed up that encounter if you ended up finding a way out of the map? Probably not actually since all of the nosaliases are already in motion.

I did find a way out on Tower but it doesn't seem like it could be used since you can make it to the tower but the cutscene is within an invisible wall which is opened with the NPC
Edit history:
Yimmibimmi: 2016-05-11 11:48:09 am
Yimmibimmi: 2016-05-11 11:01:09 am
Hey guys i startet to speedrun Metro 2033 myself and i found a new skip in the Prologue. Saves about 8 sec. ~3:45.17 Leveltime

You can skip the cutsceen where miller and you are pulling the fance. (Skip to 1:51 if you dont want to watch the full vod :D)

It also nice to see that u guys are still trying to find new stuff :D.
Edit history:
Yimmibimmi: 2016-05-16 09:35:43 am
Yimmibimmi: 2016-05-12 03:58:14 pm
Yimmibimmi: 2016-05-12 03:57:43 pm
Hey guys its me again. I found a little 4 sec time saver in "Anomaly".
Don't prefer to wait for the Anomaly to fly tough the whole tunnel. Run as fast forward as u can and when the dude says "Stop, don't move" don't listen :).
Trigger the Anomaly and the dude says "Artyom, what are you doing?" than stop and wait until its gone.

sandstormify... how do you find this glitches? U are a god! Cheesy
So yeah. I was spending a lot of time in the Metro and trained some levels realy hard. I was able to pull of a 1 Segment time by 2:40:32 on easy in my first attempt and I was failing a lot.
Like i had to retry "Bridge" two times. I dont like the last jump on the edge. Sometimes it works and i can sprint to the end and sometimes it kills me Cry .
And lots of other retrys because of fail jumping and so on...
I was able to pull of a super quick time in Dead City because my first jump to get on the roof of the starting bulding was perfekt Cheesy . Thx Sandstormify agine that u found that one :D.

Why do i play on easy difficulty? I think you can pull of a mutch better time on easy than on hardcore ranger diffuculty. Why? Try the Volt Driver gun that u will find in "the lost tunnels" first.
You can oneshot everything with 100%-60% charged up weapon, this weapon is pretty fast to recharge too and on easy diffculty you will get a lot of ammo for that one.
Also you don't have to wait (play sneaky) in the "lost_tunnels" and "frontline".

I will post a video later, how good this gun is for example in the level "catacombes".
Grin

Hey i think this will be huge for you guys Grin a "D6" Skip.

This is not a perfekt example. The video will just show you how its done.

Destroy the window near the door and just leave a bit of glas until it looks like a shape of a "V". Jump on the bridge and now wait. When the NPC leaves the secound Train start to activate  the engines for the elevator (maybe you can start
earlier" I haven't  tried it yet). If you are to quick the NPC buggs out.