Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetalSlugX.html

Metal Slug X (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote from Sonikkustar:
A/V Quality - Good
No cheating here.

So apparently, this run with load times factored out was slower than the run currently up on SDA at first glance. After checking to see what was wrong, We came to the conclusion that the older run was incorrectly timed and that this run is indeed faster.

Although I am a little saddened that this wasn't deathless, The deaths don't amount to any significant time loss. I'd say maybe 2-3 seconds at the most. Otherwise, This is an excellent improvement over the previous run. Everything looks much cleaner and planned better.

Accept

Quote from joecoolgames:
A/V-Good.
No Cheating

This is a massive improvement over the previous. Lots of lag reduction and more optimized platforming helped out. The deaths are really insignificant. The death in stage 6 is definitely cause by some input lag. I know of this problem that Metal Slug has too well.

Overall, great game play and use of updated strats. This is a worthy replacement for the older run.

Decision: Accept 

Quote from ZELLLOOO:
A/V: Good, a bit of shimmering on the title screen text but that's overly nitpicky.
No cheating.

Ah, the PS2 Anthology port with its ridiculous loading and dropped inputs at bad times. Props to the runner for pulling out a great run out of a bad port. Here's some level-by-level comments below:

Mission 1:
Excellent, good weapon management and boss kill.

Mission 2:
One very minor mishap with melee attacking a mummy instead of shooting but solid otherwise, the boss goes down hard to flame shot + grenades.

Mission 3: Missing with the shotgun near the beginning was a bit silly but the boat and plane kills in the middle more than make up for that. The runner could probably have saved a bit of time diagonally shooting the soldier near the normal bomb pickup and bombing the chopper from the right but not a big deal. Good use of the Slug Flyer taking out planes and handling the boss, being short a grenade on the boss was unfortunate though.

Mission 4: I find it amusing Hyakutaro ends up getting left behind due to the runner pushing ahead so quickly haha. Nothing really to comment on here, stage looks about as perfect as it could be.

Mission 5: Getting rockets instead of a laser at the beginning was unfortunate and is compounded later when the runner dies from the tank not dying fast enough and getting run down. Subway and sewers were handled nicely with a decent boss kill (could've been a bit faster getting into a position to toss grenades after crashing the Slugnoid).

Mission 6: Ouch, that death. I'll blame it on dropped inputs and move on, didn't cost much time anyways. The runner makes Allen look like a complete chump and tears apart the base, the mobs of Mars People were especially impressive. All those stocked up grenades come through nicely on the final boss, the only real way this mission can be improved is ensuring all the grenades hit because this is quite a strong finish.

There's a bit of slop in this run but overall the good far outweighs the bad and it definitely is a worthy improvement over the site's current run. I would love to see a deathless improvement from the runner in the future but know it'll be tough to beat.

ACCEPT.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Jeremy 'DK28' Doll!
Thread title: