Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2013-04-10 10:48:20 pm
Flip: 2013-04-10 03:01:25 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Metal Saga (Low %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Reject

Reason: I'm going to liken this to a rhythm game or an on-rails game. There's no execution involved that affects speed besides naming your character which probably wouldn't even count towards timing anyway. Even You Have To Burn The Rope requires some execution and Clue at least requires some luck. This run requires you to have 1 finger (and maybe not even that).

Sorry, I know what you were trying to do here, but this run isn't a fit at SDA.

This run will be available for a month. After that this link will no longer work.
(see post below for link)
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Metal Saga (Low %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/metalsaga-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by April 24, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Is this real?
Not a walrus
i... what?

What the fuck is going on here?
Ya, you see why Im asking right?
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2013-04-10 01:50:23 pm
Omnigamer: 2013-04-10 01:50:14 pm
All the things
Huh. Well, I certainly can't find any mistakes. I guess this should be considered another "Clue"-type run? It honestly feels like more of a run you'd see during April Fools.

Pros: gets to the credits in the fastest possible way.
Cons: nothing impressive about the run at all. At least with Clue there is some randomness associated with it and is somewhat funny since the game is widely known, but as it stands anybody could go through with this run and match the time without knowing anything about the game. It just doesn't feel good to watch.

I'm going to reject it because there's no planning or execution associated with this run at all. SDA expectations have evloved to expect gameplay that is worthy of being hosted, but I really don't feel that this deserves that sort of recognition outside of a joke.
Not a walrus
Can anybody familiar with the game explain what's happening here because I'm seriously confused and the comments aren't any help.
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2013-04-10 01:52:03 pm
All the things
Without having played the game, I think it's just a developer-placed text option at the beginning of the game. Choose the wrong one and you never go on an adventure, and the game just ends. Think of it as a developer joke.
Edit history:
Zyre: 2013-04-10 01:51:55 pm
The Speedrunning Teacher
Quote from Omnigamer:
I really don't feel that this deserves that sort of recognition outside of a joke.

No offense to the runner, but this is the best way to describe this.

As far as I can tell, it's an early game choice. Either the main character chooses to become a Hunter - and actually play the game - or chooses to become a tank mechanic - and end the game.

EDIT: Dangit, Omnigamer! You sniped me!
HELLO!
Clearly a joke run.

If this thread went up 9 days ago I'd have said different, but, REJECT.

It'd be like doing a Super Paper Mario run where you have Mario say No to taking the quest, and submit that.
Not a walrus
So basically it's stretching the "bad ending" category to its absolute limit?

Yeah, I'm gonna say no. It's more of a "non-standard game over", like going to Lavos early and losing.
Edit history:
Svenne: 2013-04-10 02:02:24 pm
Smörgåsbord
But usually you get "game over" when you decide not to take a mission in a game, not get the credits.
Not a walrus
By that measure any game where you can view the credits from the main menu could have a 0:00 run.
Smörgåsbord
Then no, just reject this.
Not a walrus
On the plus side, the video quality is good.
All the things
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
On the plus side, the video quality is good.
1-Up!
Decision posted.

I should say, given that I've already posted a verification prematurely today, that this time I'm doing this on purpose.
We still love you Flip
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Yeah... just watched the run and there is literally nothing done outside of "A" and "Mechanic".  A clever run, but really anyone can do this and takes little effort or planning.  Still with that said, Kudos to the runner for a good laugh.
Waiting hurts my soul...
This verification was as quick as the run. Seems I'm late to posting this, but audio is only coming out left channel.

Harvest Moon games where you say you don't want to farm, and Way of the Samurai where you just leave town right away come to mind as examples of this spoof ending. Speedrunning is supposed to show running through the game as quickly as possible, but these type of runs don't even play the game. I guess this means not all categories/endings are valid for speedrunning. I was hoping to actually see this game go up, oh well.
HELLO!
Valid for speedrunning and valid for SDA publication are two different things.

Is this legitimate? by some definition.  But it's useless for SDA.
Edit history:
zastbat: 2013-04-11 12:18:28 am
Lord Of The Beards
Ok ill explain this since ive actually played this game.  This game has multiple endings about 11 I think each ending is activated by certain events in the game anything from getting married to finishing a quest line.  This one is the first Mechanic ending which is also the earliest ending you can get where you do not become a hunter.  But yea this ending is pretty much mash x till you get the option.