Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Reject

Reason: The existence of runs about twice as fast as this one show this one needs way more work.

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/1058/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/mgs5-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by May 22, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
MAS8705: 2014-05-08 11:44:53 pm
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Really fast, are there any kind of "special conditions" that were in play in this video that I'm not aware of?  The only reason why I asked is that when I looked at the runner's comments, he had the same video on his youtube page, and right next to it, I saw several related videos that posted faster speed runs than the one the runner has submitted.  My apologies to the runner, but if you can look on youtube and see other people who have gotten faster times either by being completely reckless or even being 100% stealth, that is a clear indication that more will be expected.

I'm sorry, but this is a reject.

Edit:  Here are two examples I'm talking about: One is 100% Stealth and the other is hilariously reckless.  Both are faster than this run that was submitted.
XCOM Timesheet: http://goo.gl/BWDqbC
I Agree with MAS8705. I had a theory that he might be doing a no reset run since the two you linked do abuse something with reverting to a checkpoint, but then i found another run on Youtube which was a minute faster which doesn't revert. Unless there is something which we are both missing, this isn't actually all that fast and I'd have to vote reject.
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
Looking at the dates involved on the videos MAS8705 linked, its possible that this run was completed before the other two runs... even if the run was completed perhaps hours before the one of them.. assuming he uploaded it the day after he completed it. However that is the risk that one takes when trying to get a run and submit this quickly on a game this new. New strategies and tricks are found quickly because so many people are playing it. Looking at this video now, it isn't just that its slower, but that its almost twice as slow as one of the runs MAS8705 linked, and in a game this brutally short... shorter than Super Mario Bros at that, a run that is outstripped by that much definitely needs more polish.

The runner is clearly pretty good at the game, with a bit more polish, the runner can definitely get a great time.

Verdict: Reject
Decision posted.