--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
SDAVerification: 2020-06-09 02:34:14 pm
SDAVerification: 2020-06-09 02:33:31 pm
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Hardest] [Arcade Mode] [Character: Nanaya] ['Archetype: Earth' defeated]
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Hardest] [Arcade Mode] [Character: Hisui]

Decision: Accept (Hisui), Reject (Nanaya)

Reason: 'Archetype: Earth' is a secret character that's unlocked by performing specific finishing moves in the first fights or getting perfect wins. This impacts the gameplay, but it's overall similar to proceeding normally. Further, the game doesn't acknowledge this by providing a different path or a different ending. As far as SDA goes, it's not accepted as a separate category. The Nanaya run is still a good speedrun though and worth a watch!

Congratulations to 'kazn'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Hardest] [Arcade Mode] [Character: Nanaya] ['Archetype: Earth' defeated]
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Hardest] [Arcade Mode] [Character: Hisui]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/meltybloodcurrentcode-20200517/ (no audio commentary, despite what the stat-ID says)
http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/meltybloodcurrentcode-20200519/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
That's quite a title on this game!

Timing on SDA is done from start of control (when the first fight starts) to end of control (last hit on the last opponent). This makes the times different from speedrun.com, but doesn't usually affect which run is the fastest.

Looks like at least the IQ and HQ qualities have video corruption. This is clearly seen at 00:38 in the Hisui run and at 00:26 in the Nanaya run. Do you have high-quality files that don't have the corruption?

Encode note: Need to re-encode so it doesn't say it has audio commentary. Just provide us with high-quality raws and we can do the encoding.

It looks like you're using a variety of techniques, with one particular combo being the staple for both characters. At a glance, it seems the play quality is at least pretty good here. Fighting games are usually really tough on the hardest settings, so I know you can't necessarily completely avoid getting hit.

I'm trying to understand if fighting the secret stage 7 character changes anything about the rest of the Nanaya run or the ending that you get. Usually fighting a secret character doesn't count as a separate category for speedruns but maybe there's more to it here. How is this run different from a normal Nanaya run? Also, can you get this secret fight with any character?

I'll wait for your answers.
Edit history:
kazn: 2020-06-09 02:09:35 am
kazn: 2020-05-30 10:11:37 pm
Thank you for message.

I will answer the questions you received.

>Looks like at least the IQ and HQ qualities have video corruption. This is clearly seen at 00:38 in the Hisui run and at 00:26 in the Nanaya run. Do you have high-quality files that don't have the corruption?
>Encode note: Need to re-encode so it doesn't say it has audio commentary. Just provide us with high-quality raws and we can do the encoding.

→I uploaded an unencoded file.
 Sorry, I don't know how to encode it outside of Yua.
 I changed the frame rate and input type in Yua but it didn't improve.
 There is no audio commentary. This is my mistake. sorry.

>I'm trying to understand if fighting the secret stage 7 character changes anything about the rest of the Nanaya run or the ending that you get. Usually fighting a secret character doesn't count as a separate category for speedruns but maybe there's
>more to it here. How is this run different from a normal Nanaya run? Also, can you get this secret fight with any character?

→The ending etc. does not change due to the change of the secret stage 7 character.
 You can receive all characters.
 Unlock conditions do not change depending on the character.

Best regards.
Okay, sorry, so the video can be fixed by us then. You don't need to do anything. Usually Yua/Anri-chan works well with no issues. If you notice any more problems in your encodes, you can post under "tech support" and maybe Nate has some suggestions. Actually, I see that you already did that before. This time Nate simply didn't notice the issues.

So even if you lose the secret fight, the game continues? Wouldn't it be faster to just lose then?

BTW: Did you test the conditions for getting the secret fight yourself, or has another speedrunner carefully tested them? You're sure that it's a total of 8 arc drives or perfect fights? Someone on the Steam forums says "Another Arc-Drive/Last-Arc" also work (maybe those are attacks used by other characters). There's a guide on Steam where it says "Have as many perfect stages (4 or more) as you can before finishing stage 7".

We're discussing whether we can accept the secret path as a category on SDA. Would you say that the Nanaya run would be very different if you didn't have to get perfect fights or Arc Drive finishes?
Edit history:
kazn: 2020-05-31 06:19:44 pm
I will answer the questions you received.

>So even if you lose the secret fight, the game continues? Wouldn't it be faster to just lose then?

→Arhetype: Earth Battle will continue to the next stage even if you lose.
But I think will not try to clear the secret condition if I intentionally lose.
Because the act of intentionally losing is not fun even as a video.
This is a personal thought.
But Actually, it is faster to lose and proceed.
If the act of knowingly losing is approved, I do think will not speedrun as a category of secret passes.
Personally upload won pattern to YouTube or Twitch.

>BTW: Did you test the conditions for getting the secret fight yourself, or has another speedrunner carefully tested them? You're sure that it's a total of 8 arc drives or perfect fights? Someone on the Steam forums says "Another Arc-Drive/Last-Arc" also >work (maybe those are attacks used by other characters). There's a guide on Steam where it says "Have as many perfect stages (4 or more) as you can before finishing stage 7".

→Sorry.
I've looked at the URL below and haven't tested it myself to find the minimum requirements.
This URL is not official information about Melty Blood.

【URL】
https://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1472816099

Another Arc-Drive is a type of Arc-Drive, so it is counted.
But, another arc drive cannot be used with HalfMoon-style.
Available in Crescentmoon-style and Fullmoon-style.
I don't know about Last-Arc because I haven't actually tested it.

>We're discussing whether we can accept the secret path as a category on SDA. Would you say that the Nanaya run would be very different if you didn't have to get perfect fights or Arc Drive finishes?

→If you do not meet the conditions, Archetype:Earth will not appear and you can proceed faster.
Quote:
>We're discussing whether we can accept the secret path as a category on SDA. Would you say that the Nanaya run would be very different if you didn't have to get perfect fights or Arc Drive finishes?

→If you do not meet the conditions, Archetype:Earth will not appear and you can proceed faster.

What I meant was, would the first six fights look very different if you played as Nanaya without having to use Arc Drives? Obviously perfect fights are faster than ones where you take damage. That's why I'm thinking that the faster the run gets, the more similar the two runs (with and without Earth) will look. That's part of why I'm not sure if we can accept it as a category.

To find out exactly what the requirements are for getting the Earth fight, you'd have to put in more research. You just can't trust sources like that. One way to do this is to use CheatEngine to try to find the memory values where the game stores how many Arc Drive / Perfect finishes you have had. This can be a bit tricky. Otherwise, you would just have to do normal systematic testing of different combinations. Anyway, we'll talk about this category some more before we can tell you what we think.
Edit history:
kazn: 2020-06-01 05:55:44 pm
Quote from LotBlind:
What I meant was, would the first six fights look very different if you played as Nanaya without having to use Arc Drives? Obviously perfect fights are faster than ones where you take damage. That's why I'm thinking that the faster the run gets, the more similar the two runs (with and without Earth) will look. That's part of why I'm not sure if we can accept it as a category.

I misunderstood.
The speed will change if you have a perfect win or a fight that does not aim for ArcDrive Finish.
As for perfect wins, there is less time loss if you are not attacked.
About ArcDriveFinish depends on the character used and the fighting style.
Arcdrive from H-Nanaya is very easy to use.
This is because guarding is not possible, and countermeasures are evasion by 2AB or 2E and techniques and movements that make invincible.
This is difficult to handle with CPU AI.
Of course, depending on playing skills, I think it's faster to fight without relying on Arcdrive, but for me, if H-Nanaya doesn't use Arcdrive, it will affect the first six games.
It looks like you could jump a few tenths of a second earlier to start the first combo faster in some fights. Using a sound cue should be possible since the timing is always the same between when the announcer says "fight" and when the fight starts, right?

Hisui:
2:01 Here you miss the first attack.
3:30 Looks like you accidentally open the pause menu.
4:14 You miss your opportunity for the opening combo because you were too far?
5:38 This attack misses because you were too close to the opponent, I guess. The next round starts in exactly the same way but this time you try a different attack. This suggests that you didn't really have a plan for this kind of situation. Maybe it's different from opponent to opponent.
7:56 Why do you use the Arc Drive here? Is it a combination of how near he is and how low on health he is or did you know he never blocks it or what? I'm trying to understand your decision-making.

Do you think different opponents have different chances of blocking a particular attack or combo?

I'll just wait for your answers to those questions before making my decision about the Hisui run.
Edit history:
kazn: 2020-06-09 02:15:42 am
kazn: 2020-06-09 02:13:25 am
kazn: 2020-06-09 02:12:15 am
I'll answer the question.

Quote from LotBlind:
4:14 You miss your opportunity for the opening combo because you were too far?

The opponent jumped just before and the distance increased.
So I missed the starting combo.

Quote from LotBlind:
Why do you use the Arc Drive here? Is it a combination of how near he is and how low on health he is or did you know he never blocks it or what? I'm trying to understand your decision-making.

There are two reasons for ran Arcdrive.
1. The opponent did Teching when he was down, so I got distance.
2. The other party is small

In that scene, you have to close the distance to hit with something other than a Fire Ball.
If you try to get closer, you may be attacked by your opponent.
Of course,Hisui's Arcdrive is a guard possibility. But I can move to the next combo attack because I get closer while I'm guarding.

Quote from LotBlind:
Do you think different opponents have different chances of blocking a particular attack or combo?

There is a possibility of guarding the combo because the action pattern differs for each character.
Also, NecoArc and NecoChaos have very small bodies, so the combo may change depending on the character.
So sounds like you're not quite 100% sure about the requirements for getting that secret fight. A lot of false information goes around on the Internet after all. In any case, it seems it's too similar when you fight Earth in the run compared to playing the game normally. However, if fighting Earth is faster than not fighting him, that could be done in any run anyway. You said "If you do not meet the conditions, Archetype:Earth will not appear and you can proceed faster." so I'm guessing this is slower overall, even if you lose the fight?

Meanwhile, you can submit runs for any character and they will be tracked separately. I think probably five difficulty settings is too much, so we would only like easiest, normal and hardest difficulty runs for this game.

Hisui: I think it sounds like you know this game very well overall. It's difficult to know how much better a fighting game run could go if you don't know a lot about it so I think I have to give you the benefit of the doubt and give the Hisui run an

accept

I hope this isn't the last run we see from you! You've obviously got skill. I'm also very happy to write about a fighting game on the front page for a change. I don't remember when the last time was.
Decision posted.
Quote from LotBlind:
In any case, it seems it's too similar when you fight Earth in the run compared to playing the game normally. However, if fighting Earth is faster than not fighting him, that could be done in any run anyway. You said "If you do not meet the conditions, Archetype:Earth will not appear and you can proceed faster." so I'm guessing this is slower overall, even if you lose the fight?.

Sorry.
I translated this text, but I couldn't understand it.
I want you to help me translate Japanese.
Someone please.
Questions will be answered if I understand them correctly.

Quote from LotBlind:
accept

I hope this isn't the last run we see from you! You've obviously got skill. I'm also very happy to write about a fighting game on the front page for a change. I don't remember when the last time was.

Thank you.
Since other characters have run as well, I will periodically apply if I have the opportunity.
そのEarthを対するかしないか、どの方にも、その二つのスピードランの差がどちらも応じられるほどのじゃないだ感じがします。そんなスピードランが見たことが一般にないと言うことです。しかし、もしany%のランでEarthと戦うのがランを早くしたら、それをしてもいいです。あなたの言ったのに夜って、Earthにまっすぐ負けるのがそもそも戦わないのより早くないでしょう。

Hope that's understandable.
Thank you for the translation.

Earth is a very powerful CPU, so winning is fun. It is possible to lose and proceed, but in that case it is better to run normally without causing Earth to appear.
In Speedrun, I would like to separate into various categories and agree to compete under those conditions.
But when it comes to Earth, losing is probably not a very interesting video.
Execution with Any% is possible. You can adjust the damage level and difficulty so you can run faster.
But I'm not very interested in Any%. I like the fight between Hardest and Round2.
Ah, good that this came up. We also don't really want runs where those settings (damage and round count at least) are changed from their defaults. It's too many categories. That's exactly the kind of silly rules you see on speedrun.com sometimes.

I know some people want to create categories based on what feels the most challenging but that's often too subjective. It's also subjective what people find interesting. On this site, we have to allow whatever is fastest. So if it's faster to fight Earth but lose, that's what we have to ask the runner to do.
kazn, to be clear, it will take a month or so for the run to appear. The only thing you have to do is revise your notes so they don't mention the other run (well, you can still give the link to the YouTube video of course).
Quote from LotBlind:
kazn, to be clear, it will take a month or so for the run to appear. The only thing you have to do is revise your notes so they don't mention the other run (well, you can still give the link to the YouTube video of course).

I'm sorry, where does the revise mean?
Is it the run comment I attached as a notepad?
Yeah, if you go to where your run information is, there should be the option to edit your run comments. You just submit a corrected file. Let me know if you don't see it.
Excuse me. I don't know where to fix in my comment.
For example, right now, the only comments I could fix are the basic system of this game and some advice for a faster run.
Looking at the run information of other works, the following information is described in detail.

・Work information
・Overview
・Comment of each run section

If you ask for the same corrections and additions as other works, the hurdle is high.
It's difficult because there are language barriers.
Sorry, my bad! For some reason I thought the same comments covered both runs, when in fact that's never the case. I don't know what I was thinking. You don't have to do anything.