Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MeltyBloodActressAgainCurrentCode.html

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Hardest] [Arcade Mode] [Character: Tohno Shiki]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'kazn'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Hardest] [Arcade Mode] [Character: Tohno Shiki]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/MeltyBloodActressAgainCurrentCode-20200926/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Note about the game page: it currently isn't showing the "hardest" difficulty tag. That's just an error and it should be fixed when the page is next updated. Feel free to point out when something is missing like that.

I see you've run the same character but a different stance? Ideally, you should make sure you're happy to leave every record alone that you send us because the SDA audience doesn't necessarily really want to see small progressive improvements (and also there's work involved in publishing every run). We'll publish it of course but please wait until you're really sure you don't want to go back and improve the run for at least half a year, or preferably longer, let's say. Especially when the game has that many other categories as well.

I'm still personally very happy to watch more of this game, and I'm sure a lot of attempts went into making it! And I see a different set of opponents was fought this time. I'm sure you'll look into that kind of RNG before any future runs.

This also doesn't seem to have any A/V issues. At least in the HQ encode.

accept
Thank you for accept.
sorry.

Although it is a measurement, it is described based on Speedrun.com. I started the timer when I selected the color of the character, but the SDA rule was when the first fight starts.
I think the official time is probably 6:17.79, should I re-encode it?

I also checked your message using Google Translate, and found that "this run is a small improvement" and "a small improvement will wait for half a year".
This improvement is more than 30 seconds faster than the previous one, so I think it's a big improvement.
Melty Blood's Speedrun has a shorter time per game than other games.
For example, even with the same 30-second improvement, I feel that 10 minutes is much more improved if the 1-hour run shrinks to 55:30 and the 10-minute run shrinks to 9:30.
How are the big improvements and small improvements here categorized?
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2020-10-03 07:39:50 am
Yes, you're right that how big a "big" improvement is depends on the run length. All I'm saying is if you imagine yourself as a viewer on this site, and you don't know anything about this game, you might not be interested in seeing multiple improvements for it over any short span of time. So there will be people who see your first run, but don't watch the other ones even though they're better. From their point of view it's still quite a small improvement. Especially if they don't realize some of the fights are different from run to run.

So there isn't any kind of rule about what we will publish: we'll publish any kind of improvement, in theory (so long as the gameplay quality / execution is good enough; sometimes new routes and strategies make the run much faster but the runner is making more sloppy mistakes through the run). It's just that we have to avoid a situation where the same runner sends in lots of runs that are only getting improved a little bit. Or maybe it's more about it happening in a short time. It makes people think you were being impatient. There's no rush! If you get a really good run today, just let it wait a couple of weeks at least and see if you still think you can't improve it more easily.

Anyway, for new categories, it's different because it's something new every time, but even then, let's not be in a hurry.

Thanks for the run!
Okay,I understood.Thank you for reply.
Formerly known as Skullboy
A/V is fine, no cheating detected.

This run is faster than the current run but I wonder how much of that has to do with fighting some different characters. Is this something that can be manipulated for an optimal set of fights? The fights against the same opponents are faster.

I accept this run as an improvement to the currently published run.
Edit history:
kazn: 2020-10-12 05:51:15 pm
Thanks for accept.

Opponents are completely random, but there aren't even 10 patterns of randomness.
Decision posted.
Formerly known as Skullboy
Quote:
Opponents are completely random, but there aren't even 10 patterns of randomness.

I figured that there wasn't. My more than surface fighting game knowledge is limited to Virtua Fighter, and even that's a stretch.