List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

MegaTankMan (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Reject

Reason: For a run this short the polish needs to be just a bit higher

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/792/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

MegaTankMan (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/megatankman-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Dec. 13, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Start time: 0:04
Last hit: 2:03
Teleport out: 2:13

Game: Flash game on http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/547285
Category: Any% done on Easy mode w/ Mega Man
Audio and video are good...audio honestly is good. If you don't believe me, check the game yourself.

This game consists of one stage: Portal Man. You can play as either Tank Man or Mega Man (each has a different ability). The run itself seems to be optimized, but there are definite areas of improvement (takes damage, stops at several points when it's not necessary, etc.). That being said, given the length of the game, I'm going to give this a reject.

Reason: Definitely can be improved. Feels like more work could be put into the run.
This is an easy difficulty run of a very short one level Mega Man clone. Considering this, the run should be at least nearly perfect to be accepted. Therefore I'll give this a reject.
HELLO!
This game is easy. You start with the boss's weakness even.

Frankly getting hit by that snake and the met early should have been a reset.

The only other criticism I really have of this though is that maybe one or two of the jumps in the rock falling area could have been more daring.

I don't think you need to be almost perfect.  But I think at the beginning of the run you have to have higher standards than you have at the end of the run, and two gross errors right in the first room are enough to reject

I hate to say it, since most of the run does look good to me.  But needlessly getting hit twice in a row right at the beginning strikes me as unforgivable.
Not a walrus
Just glanced through this and I have to agree with the above. Might have just been the built in Chrome player but the video seemed a bit jumpy as well. Reject for gameplay reasons. Needs a bit more polish.
Edit history:
presjpolk: 2013-12-02 02:58:51 pm
HELLO!
Yeah the video did jump for me a bit in the rock falling room.  And I had it downloaded and playing in MPlayerX.
Had the same video jumps UA mentioned, otherwise A/V seemed alright for a flash game.

Yeah, this looks like it could be a few seconds faster without too much effort.  Reject
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A/V : Good

Run requires Improvement, did wonder if the snake hit was for temporary Invulnerability to get past the helmet guy when i first watched, however it seems too short for that + he gets hit by the helmet guy anyways so that's a no

Again as people have said before me, for a run this long It should have been attempted more so that the end result is executed better without the mistakes and possibly riskier strats.

Decision : Reject
Decision posted.