1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MegaManX3.html

Mega Man X3 (100 %) (Single Segment) (ntscus) (snes)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I can't really verify this run since I can't download the file or watch it for some damn reason.  Best I can do is give a video of fastest known run

http://www.twitch.tv/zewing/c/1904620

This run can get as low as 46:30ish RTA (sub 46 sda timing) on Japanese which would be approximately 47 minutes on english.  Sorry I can't verify but hopefully this will help with the process and i'll support whatever the majority opinion is.

Sorry but my home internet is ass over summer and i was expecting to verify this run around May

Quote:
A/V is good, no cheating detected. Although there are mistakes, also noted by the runner themselves, I find that it was a very solid playthrough for 100%. Timed at 49:07, from when they gain control in the intro stage to when they lose control at the top of the shaft after beating Sigma, which is a little over 3 minutes faster than the current SDA time. I give this an accept!

Quote:
Alright, after comparing zewing's video and this one side by side, this one is actually two and a half minutes slower than zewing's run. I had a hard time picking out any really egregious mistakes, mostly just zewing's run is a lot more polished and has some better routing and boss strategy. That said, this run is significantly faster than the current SDA run and is pretty decent in its own right, so I don't really have a problem letting it up, though knowing there's a ton of improvement still left is going to nag at me.

Accept, I guess?

Edit: Quick, not-terribly accurate comparison, since the timer on zewing's video seemed to be jumping around a bit relative to this run. Bad twitch playback?

Intro: 2:25 vs 2:29
Tunnel Rhino: 5:29 vs 5:40
Blizzard Buffalo: 8:26 vs 8:42 - zewing grabs sub tank at first opportunity, this one comes back for it after the air dash since it's easier
Neon Tiger: 13:01 vs 13:44
Gravity Beetle: 15:30 vs 16:20
Toxic Seahorse: 18:26 vs ??:??
Blast Hornet: 21:38 vs 22:58
Volt Catfish: 25:09 vs 29:09 -- this run fights vile here
Crush Crawfish: 30:19 vs 31:45 -- zewing's run fights vile here
Doppler 1: 35:45 vs 37:25
Doppler 2: 38:22 vs 40:25
Doppler 3: 44:47 vs 46:5?
Final: 47:17 vs 49:5?

Quote:
I counted 49:08. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, audio and video are good. Lag appears normal, so it seems it played on reported console.

This is a very good run, considering the runner didn't use any neon/liberty/??? jumps. The elevator skip was a bit of a relief to see, because I honestly didn't expect it considering he had done no neon jumps before (and ele skip that I know of uses neon jumps).

There are some movement errors and execution errors, duly noted by the runner. He does mash really well though when it counts (most minibosses).

I'll give this an accept. However, I think it'd definitely be in the runner's interest to check out zewing's video and the strats that he uses.

Quote:
A/V looks good.  No evidence of cheating.

I'm going to give this a weak accept.  It is a nice improvement over the run currently on the site so it should definitely replace it, but as the other verifiers mentioned, there are much faster runs out there.  The runner is clearly talented at this game, so I hope he/she watches zewing's run and learns the newer strats.  The time can come down a lot but this is a good start.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Austin 'Auchgard' Caldera!
Thread title: