Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MaxPayne2.html

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Any %) (Single Segment) (Dead on Arrival)

Verifier Responses
Quote:
A/V Good, no signs of cheating.

In-depth level analysis:

P1-Pro: Standard stuff, fast execution, not much more to say here.
P1-C1: Same as before.
P1-C2: Really like the execution here, very clean, very fast.
P1-C3: Got the speedup at the beginning and that is the most important part of the level.
P1-C4: Good level, not much to say again.
P1-C5: That fire jump can be so random, but 3rd attempt is not that bad so it's a pass.
P1-C6: Standard stuff here.
P1-C7: Landed all the tricks perfectly and fast kills on the goons in the last hallway battle so all is good.

P2-Pro: Kinda got sloppy on this level but no too much time lost.
P2-C1: Riding the needle instead of running all the way around is much faster so bonus points for that, kinda slow last part, but it's ok.
P2-C2: Landed all the super jumps, so it's a good level.
P2-C3: I can't even tell you how hard is to land the rock trick so getting it first try is a sign of skill and countless hours of learning and timing the trick perfectly.
P2-C4: Fast level, not much else to say.
P2-C5: Again, landing the box trick first try is just another statement of commitment to the game.
P2-C6: Beautiful execution of all the super-jumps and general routing, awesome level.

P3-Pro: Standard routing, nothing to say here.
P3-C1: Execution could be a bit better in this level, but no too much time lost here.
P3-C2: Quick kills on all enemies, and general good routing.
P2-C3: Another good level.
P3-C4: Sluggish kills in the beginning but everything else is good.
P3-C5: Those damn fire jumps :)) and I'm glad there's finally a way to skip past those damn stair without getting shocked to death.
P3-C6: Got the speedup, fast level overall.
P3-C7: A few hiccups here and there but nothing too bad.
P3-C8: Nice route, clean execution and fast kill on Vlad.

Summary: As you can see from my level by level analysis, it all get's very repetitive, but that's a good thing. It means that I don't have all that much to comment about this run. It's just an overall polished run with very few mistakes. Every time I verify a new Max Payne 2 speedrun I get very excited to see the new strats being discovered and executed and this run is no exception, props to the runner for his achievement.

As long as SDA has no issues with the usage of quick-saves in this run, it's a strong "ACCEPT" from me.

Quote:
Quality is good, especially the audio, arguably the most important part in a Max Payne game.

Can't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Gameplay is solid, fast, and exciting. As noted above consistency is attributed to the success of this run and definitely shows the runner's skill with MP2.

I can't really say anything that hasn't been said already!

Accept!

Quote:
No cheating. No quality issues.

Nothing else to say that hasn't already been said. Its a great run with minimal errors, new tricks, and polished gameplay.

Recommendation: Accept

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Kotti'!
Thread title:  
Thanks. nice to see a run with quicksaves get accepted.