--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
SDAVerification: 2021-10-15 07:20:47 am
SDAVerification: 2021-10-12 04:44:54 pm
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MarioKart64.html

Mario Kart 64 (ntscj/ntscus) (n64) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Mario Kart: 150CC] [Special Cup]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'kazn'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Mario Kart 64 (ntscj/ntscus) (n64) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Mario Kart: 150CC] [Special Cup]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/MarioKart64-20210930/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
A/V: Looks good to me

Gameplay: This is a newly broken record. The individual cup categories are not as popular as the time trial or full game categories and haven't been optimized to the same levels. This shows as there is quite a bit of variation in the lap times of the different races and some unfortunate and costly mistakes in Banshee Boardwalk (once slipping on a banana peel and unintentionally falling off the stage once). Performing the shortcuts is no easy task though, so it's understandable that getting a clean run is difficult.

While I expect the time to eventually be pushed lower (for added motivation, I think some will give it an additional effort to be the first to get a sub-6), this is a good demonstration of what a speedrun of this category looks like with today's knowledge.

Accept
A/V: Good at 30 FPS.

It's a shame about falling off in the third race and losing time in such a basic way. I have no idea how tough it is to perform any of the skips though. Looks like the chances of getting the triple mushroom when you're last is only 5% and triple red shells is 20%? Probably it's difficult to time the mushrooms and shells for the skips as well. So this is probably overall a pretty difficult run to beat.

accept
Decision posted.
Thank you for your approval.

As about for me, I became a Twitch partner in September.

This time it was only a special cup, but one day I will win the WR of All cups and will continue to dedicated to this community.
Good job on the partnership! (I dunno much about that kind of stuff but...) I hope it allows you to still run whatever game you like, not just the most popular ones.