List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Segmented any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I had a good speech ready for this verification, however because it got deleted and wasn't saved, I'm going to have to use my abridged version. >_<

Hard to believe it has been more than 5 years ago when SDA got Mario & Luigi superstar Saga, and since then, this series has had two sequels and no takers until now.  First off I'm not really too sure how the runner submitted his comments, but there was too many trs, and tds and it took a while to properly decipher it for the rest of my fellow verifiers.  Aside from that, the gameplay was well executed, and the runner made good use of the items at his disposal.  The Runner also receives my Kudos for segment 21, kept the combo up for a good three minutes!  I mean, that takes alot of concentration to keep up a combo like that for that long...  However, as I continued to watch the segments, I noticed that the audio was lagging behind the video, I don't know if that is because something went wrong with the rendering or if there is a delay in the recording, but this is something that is hard to overlook...

Overall, if there is no objections to delayed audio, then I say accept, otherwise it is a reject by technical problems (and someone please tell me right away so that I can correct this sentence)

Quote:
Game: Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Video: Looked good, save for the fact that around segment 18 the runner started holding the DS at a slightly different angle.
Audio: This is...bad. The early segments are fine, but starting around segment 11 the lag becomes very noticeable. It varies a bit, but it's usually between 1 and 2 seconds, being closer to 2 or even possibly over 2 by the end of the run.
Cheating: None detected.

Segment breakdown:
1 - Disappointed that the run isn't damageless like mine is. Standard first segment otherwise.
2 - Another standard segment.
3 - I had forgotten just how much cutscene there was at the start of ths game...
4 - Tutorials, GO! Also, Nice job getting past the Boos without triggering fights.
5 - Those time traveling sequences always were annoying.
6 - Such respectable adults leaving the babies behind like that.
7 - Nice long distance jumping there.
8 - Hammer Bros. - Kill it with fire!
8 - Drill to avoid battles. Smart.
9 - Heh...almost missed that last jump there...
10 - Run, why no damageless!?
10 - Swiggler felt slow, but I'm 99% sure it's due to being underleveled. Runner got some bad luck about halfway through the fight when the Dr. Shroobs pulled out Red Mushrooms.
10 - Decent bonus reels during the mass of level ups, except for Mario =P
10 - Someone please explain why Mario and Luigi would fall for that spinning in circles trick AGAIN!? Why didn't they learn their lesson in Superstar Saga?
10 - Also, HOW DID THEY FORGET HOW TO SPIN JUMP!?
11 - Sound lag starts becoming very noticable in this segment.
11 - Nice little sequence break with the spin jumping around the fire.
12 - The sound lag actually seems better here.
13 - The real Kamek is so easy to pick out...unlike the real Cackletta in Superstar Saga.
13 - A little bit of menu mishap during the Kamek fight.
13 - Apparently stops caring about +2 POW at this point. Can't completely blame him.
14 - Sound lag is prevalent in this segment.
14 - Damn fine shooting that UFO.
15 - Sound lag is bad in this one too.
15 - Botched a battle entrance thanks to the Dry Bones throwing a bone at the same time.
17 - While I definitely see why he did that leveling for Sunnycide, I'm not 100% sure it actually saved time considering just how long some of the EXP farming battles took.
18 - Runner was holding the DS at a different angle than he was for previous segments. Made everything on the screens look fat Tongue
18 - Sound lag seems to be persistently bad since segment 15.
19 - Sound lag is especially bad here...1.5 to 2 seconds behind the video.
20 - Sound lag is back to being under a second here, but still noticable.
21 - Sound lag is about 1 second here.
21 - I'm gonna take back what I said about leveling earlier...Shrooboid Brat would have taken a LOT longer without the extra POW. His damage would have probably been pretty close to 1 per hit without that little bit of extra POW.
22 - Sound lag slightly under a second.
24 - Very nice Petey Piranha fight. Only way it would have been better is if the runner could have done it in one Trampoline.
26 - That's right kids, you can put out an erupting volcano with a huge stream of water.
27 - Excellent Mrs. Thwomp fight. Copy Flower FTW.
30 - Bowser + Baby Bowser = Malowned.
31 - Tight jump dodging around those Shroobs.
32 - Sound is about 2 seconds behind in this segment.
33 - Very nice Commander Shroob strat.
34 - Sound lag is about 2 seconds here too.
35 + 36 - Honestly thought this whole part of the game was kinda meh.
38 - A little more with that Copy Flower and Elder Shrooboid would have died a round sooner.
38 - Awww...no Fawful cameo.
39 - Finally, Princess Peach's Castle (Past).
40 - Sound is about 2 seconds off here too.
40 - Tanoombas still need to be shot. Even these new dark ones.
42 + 43 - Supreme Slacks FTW.
44 - I hated that minigame.
45 - Awww...almost damageless...
45 - Nevermind...runner got hit a lot...
46 - That could have been damageless...

Timing Note: Game clock shows 4:04 upon loading the final segment. I got 11914 frames of control, or 3:18.765, for the final segment real time. Start of control was first frame of movement after loading the save, last frame was when the counterattack prompt (X/Y with the hammer) started fading. That means this run would be a 4:08.

Overall: A very solid run with only some very minor mistakes (mistimed jumps, etc.). Boss strats were all good, and most fights could only be sped up by maintaining the combos longer, which is REALLY fucking hard. Only purchased things that were absolutely needed.

Verdict: Split.
REJECT if it's to go up on the site as is. That audio lag may not make it unwatchable, but in the latter segments it was borderline.
ACCEPT if the audio lag is fixed. I'd say give Nate a heads up on this and see if he can do anything about it.

Of my 2 other verifiers, one got himself banned and the other is unreachable

LONG story short, we're going to be able to get the desync issues resolved, therefore

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Alex 'Anwonu' Morinaga!
Thread title:  
CHOKES
Quote:
LONG story short, we're going to be able to get the desync issues resolved

Nice, thanks for that! =p

Quote:
First off I'm not really too sure how the runner submitted his comments, but there was too many trs, and tds and it took a while to properly decipher it for the rest of my fellow verifiers.

Heh, sorry. When I wrote the comments, I was already seeing how it would appear on site, and sent the comments with HTML tags. And I put a table in there, so that's why the tr and tds.

Quote:
1 - Disappointed that the run isn't damageless like mine is.

I believe I tested a bit on an emulator, and taking damage was a few (very few) frames faster.

Quote:
13 - Apparently stops caring about +2 POW at this point. Can't completely blame him.

Most of the time, the '2' "transforms" into '1' if you keep choosing the same stat every level up. So, after a certain point, I just stop manipulating the points and press A ASAP.

Quote:
31 - Tight jump dodging around those Shroobs.

It's actually easier than it seems. You just wait for the spin and jump over it.

Quote:
38 - A little more with that Copy Flower and Elder Shrooboid would have died a round sooner.

Yeah, on my 1st speedrun, I could beat it with only 1 Copy Flower. But this battle is one of the worst, because sometimes you can't avoid a hit (that attack where it goes in front of you and spins; it seems random if it attacks or not after each hit. Once, I hit it 4 times and it still attacked me).

Quote:
45 - Nevermind...runner got hit a lot...

Obviously, I wanted to get a 1 Chomp kill, but couldn't do it. I was actually thinking about re-doing these last segment, but I didn't really want to. Though maybe not as bad as Elder Shrooboid, it's way longer, and prone to more mistakes.

Quote:
46 - That could have been damageless...

I like taking damage, apparently =p

Also, it's possible to cut some time off by using a glitch to get money quickly and skip all the extra coins I got. But unless someone proves that it can cut a good amount of time, or finds other useful glitches, I don't plan on doing another run.

Thanks for the verifications!
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
All's well that ends well.  Sorry for the long wait. (verifier 1)

As I said before, the run was great, although the audio desyncing was pretty bad at times.  the run was dangerously close to being rejected due to equipment problems, but at least we (Flip, me and Nate) were able to get that resolved.  Again, sorry for the wait, but at least you your wait is finally over (and the new one starts for when it will be posted on the site).
CHOKES
Well, it's not like I was in a hurry (though I thought the wait was more because of verifiers). I didn't expect it to have issues with sound desync, though. I'm sorry for that too, and thanks for being able to fix it.

Considering it took me ~4 years to finally submit a run of this game, some more months to see the game on the site won't be too much =p