--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/MarbleBlastGold.html

Marble Blast Gold (pc) (pc) [Any %] [Individual Level]

Verifier Responses

Quote from IsraeliRD:
I started up a thread half a year ago wanting an update for this game, and I expected 20-30 levels to be improved, and there are 72 here, which is beyond crazy. The improvement time-wise however is much smaller (25.523 seconds vs 42.201 last time) but that's because a lot of levels had either one frame improvement or sub-frame, depending on the internal clock. Some levels had crazy optimization or new routes and some got destroyed further than before.

I've been involved in this game for almost 10 years and it amazes me how far we came and the number of people participating in this particular update is insane: 14 runners. Just think 3 years ago only 6 of us were working on this and this was considered "big".

I've watched all runs probably at least 20 times now, and was part of the audio commentary (seriously, listen to it because it explains in-depth everything) and also encoded this so I can tell you right now A/V perfect, no cheating etc.

The biggest "WTF" here is the restart screenshot glitch, where you take screenshots while in the pause menu. I'll skip the technical stuff and say the moving platforms are a few hundreds of milliseconds later in their paths, which completely changes some levels route while others are the same but just faster.
Levels using this glitch have 1 second on the pause menu before the ready-set-go sequence to show the glitch so you know which levels have it.
The easiest level to do this on is Platform Training. Normally a run would be 5.8-6 seconds, but this guarantees sub-5 to 5.1x.

If anything, Great Divide having the Restart Screenshot Glitch plus the double traplaunch makes this the pinnacle of this run. Only Kalle29 got it and he did it after 100+ hours of work into this. It's by far the hardest thing you can do in MBG and he did it. I can confirm this because both Xelna and myself tried the double traplaunch 3 years ago (Restart Screenshot Glitch was discovered only in 2014) for dozens of hours each and never could get it. Great Divide can go sub-15 but the difficulty to get the God tier traplaunch on this level is pretty much TAS-only atm... Kalle did get it once from a billion attempts so yeah.

There is also a BLIND edge hit with a screenshot while being out of bounds on Hoops which is insane (Kalle29 again). Xelna doing a brand new Daedalus path for 0.1 seconds faster, and new path is crazy impossible with edge hits and wall hits. Grand Finale by Nihahhat has a harder new path that pushes it sub-30 seconds. Tube Treasure (Nihahhat) and Escher's Race (Powerjohn) both optimized beyond belief and a few other levels are just insane.

Massive shoutouts to all 14 runners. You did amazing.

Accept.

P.S. Shoutouts to Pathways giving Kalle ~2600 screenshots in his root MBG directory, 1.3GB worth of them. This man is dedicated.

Quote from Newtmanking:
These runs are very fun to watch, and I hope everyone gets a chance to do so at some point.  Great job to all the runners that are a part of this.  I'd imagine it is as hard as it looks.

A/V Looked good to me, other than one of the runner's video was slightly squished.

Quote from HoboWithaShotgun:
Holy shit

Just read IsraeliRD's comments. That's much more than I would say

For the love of god accept this

1 other verifier withheld their comments, but accepted.

Decision: Accept

Reason: IsraeliRD would probably stab me otherwise.

Congratulations to 'Xelna', Trevor 'm2mm4m' Davidson, 'Asuul', Henry 'Sonic Warrior1' Mullhall, Jonathan 'Sporlo' Hynes, Mason 'Nihahhat' Langenderfer, Stewart 'StewMan46' Inglis, 'Kalle29', Gabriel 'Powerjohn25' Inocencio, 'Regislian', Remy 'Dushine' Dushime, 'BlastedMarble', Ji Hoon 'iMacmatician' Chun & Moshe!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Onin: 2015-01-30 03:42:28 pm
Quote:
Congratulations to 'Xelna', Trevor 'm2mm4m' Davidson, 'Asuul', Henry 'Sonic Warrior1' Mullhall, Jonathan 'Sporlo' Hynes, Mason 'Nihahhat' Langenderfer, Stewart 'StewMan46' Inglis, 'Kalle29', Gabriel 'Powerjohn25' Inocencio, 'Regislian', Remy 'Dushine' Dushime, 'BlastedMarble', Ji Hoon 'iMacmatician' Chun & Moshe!

Cheesy
Sounds like a huge team effort.  I'm really looking forward to this one.