--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
trihex: 2010-08-28 02:20:28 pm
Yoshi's eggs are at my mercy!
Been hesitant to post in this thread formally until I narrowed down whether I wanted to attend MAGFest in addition to Mikefest. Due to spring semester popping up, I'd rather not risk overdoing an awesome vacation and:

1) Am definitely attending MikeFest "no matter what"
2) Am staying for the bonus-streaming days (I love SDA RL behind-the-scenes/casual moments)
3) Am (planning to) leaving that Wednesday night (or whatever day it is before MikeFest starts)

So if you want to, you can totally update me on the list! Smiley
Talk to the Hand
A quick note for those planning on going to MAGFest:

According to NicktheNewbie (one of the main guys behind MAGFest), they're capping attendance at 3000 people this year. They had about 2200 last year, but that was a 70% growth on the previous year, and they expect a similar growth this year. Just saying, if we're gonna try the group registration thing, we might want to solidify fairly soon (IE the next two months) who's definitely in on it.

Also, Silver (My fiance) is still not on either list. I mention it only because Denton IS on one of the lists. Smiley
difficult and stupidly random
You can slate me as:

Marathon:  "Coming no matter what"
Magfest:  ?
train kept rollin
Can put me under "Coming no matter what" for MAGfest now. Cheesy
Edit history:
cyghfer: 2010-08-29 11:25:47 pm
i've decided i'm not attending this year - maybe 2012. i didn't want to clog the new thread with irrelevant content so i'm posting here.

hopefully neskamikaze (or dw?) can do tetris attack justice, but it's too bad kid icarus won't see a run this time :[

i also hope saturn bomberman will still happen but i kind of doubt it will
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2010-08-30 12:26:24 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
If you're serious about coming, please read the following topic:

http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/marathon_sign_up_payment__serious_time_edition.html

EDIT: Yes, you have to sign up in that topic if you're coming.
Willing to teach you the impossible
This sucks. For the people who know what is going on with me, you can understand better than others.

I am in a rather tough situation right now. I want to go to the marathon with all my heart and soul, but i don't know if it is a possibility any more. But there is still time between then and now. So if things really do go well, I will still be able to attend. I would have already signed up on the other page as well. But until things clear up, I will have to say that I can't go to the marathon. Again, there is time between then and now, so I guess well see.
Quote from cyghfer:
i've decided i'm not attending this year - maybe 2012. i didn't want to clog the new thread with irrelevant content so i'm posting here.

hopefully neskamikaze (or dw?) can do tetris attack justice, but it's too bad kid icarus won't see a run this time :[

i also hope saturn bomberman will still happen but i kind of doubt it will

That's disappointing... I was hoping to get beat in some Tetris Attack, but I'm going to definitely going to need to put some more practice time in it playing it alone (or if DW will race). I've been kinda slacking on it, but I'll get back on it because Tony Hawk 2 is pretty much solid and Dr. Mario is good as well (almost always sub-40).
Talk to the Hand
Hey Mike, do you think you'll be doing the group registration for MAGFest? Or should I just pre-order my and Silver's badges individually?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I'll be doing group registration for magfest, but I don't have a lot of money right now, so someone else would have to pay for the group registration.

Also, isn't it a little early to do group registration for MAGFest right now?
Yes, a worthless avatar riding my posts.
Just a head's up, I'm not coming to the marathon this year. I may have mentioned it somewhere on this board so I need to make it clear that I'm backing out. It's too far for me to travel and I feel cheap. Since I'm not running any games, I don't know what I'll be able to contribute in person. I'll just watch the livestream of it.

Darkwing Duck, if you do sneak off to do a Dragon Warrior 1 RTA, I will do everything in my power to join in, maybe even stream it, even if it means playing on emulator and doing a screen capture to stream it. Or I could use a webcam on a TV instead.

Sorry SDA :<
Willing to teach you the impossible
Sad you will be missed