--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

SS any% run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Video/Audio quality is fine. 96kHz for the audio sampling rate might be little overzealous.

I saw no evidence of cheating.

Manual Timing:
Cursor appears at frame 583
"Use weird Edsel with yellow key" disappears at frame 25494
=> total frames: 24911 => 0:06:56 (rounded)

Gameplay:
All commands are executed fast, almost as fast as in the TAS which was used as a guideline for this run. All glitches which are abused in the TAS are used here as well. Since the TAS has run through seven improvements the route is pretty much optimized to the last bit.

Conclusion: Accept.

Quote:
I see no errors and everything looks clean and legit. Since the run is very small its easier to scrutinize it for minor mistakes, which can only be attributed to human error. In the end, the run passes the test. Accept

The last verifier never responded.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations Kyle 'Mr. K' Halversen! Now everyone can see the true star of SGDQ in all of its glory!
Thread title:  
Is PJ
Congrats Mr. K!
Excellent job Mr. K.

I was verifier 1 and was quite amused when you started to switch over to Maniac Mansion at SGDQ. Cheesy
Fucking Weeaboo
All Hail Mayor K!
Sandbagging
Congratulations on the run Mr. K Smiley Now do it with Bernard ;(
Edit history:
Mr. K: 2012-08-14 08:04:18 am
Yes
Thank you everyone!  This run is much faster than the SGDQ run.  I have good news for you, Exo.  I didn't copy the TAS route exactly.  I found one improvement to the TAS route and it involved picking Bernard. 
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
More Sierra-Era games on SDA. NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOW! <- Demand

Also, grat's Mayor.
The Speedrunning Teacher
Quote from CrypticJacknife:

Now Day of the Tentacle MUST be run!
Yes
Quote from Zyre:
Quote from CrypticJacknife:

Now Day of the Tentacle MUST be run!

I'd love to run it.  One of three things needs to happen:

1.  I need a copy of Windows 2000 with screen recording software that works on Windows 2000
2.  I need a copy of Mac OS X 10.4 with screen recording software that works on OS X 10.4.  (Mac OS X 10.4 emulates the Mac OS 9 classic environment "officially" I think and I'm hoping that screen recording software could capture it.
3.  I need Day of the Tentacle to be released on Steam.

The good people at adventure speedruns have already done a route for this so it shouldn't be too bad once the hardware stuff is out of the way.
Isn't the stance of SDA about adventure speedruns that they must break the game in some way to qualify for speedrunning?
Not a walrus
Mr K playing counts as breaking it.
Sandbagging
Quote from Mr. K:
I have good news for you, Exo.  I didn't copy the TAS route exactly.  I found one improvement to the TAS route and it involved picking Bernard. 

You have my vote. (Not that you didn't beforehand)
Edit history:
ZachSK: 2012-08-14 06:54:33 pm
Feudal Family Lord
I reiterate my previous statements of like this run. Congrats

Also I had no idea it was Mr.K when i first signed on to verify it
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from bailli:
Isn't the stance of SDA about adventure speedruns that they must break the game in some way to qualify for speedrunning?

No, not for quite a while, although no one has really submitted a run for an adventure game.
day of tentacle yes