Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Bring me the flaming voodoo canonball!
Wow, has anyone seen the TAS of this game on Bisqwit's site?? It's f****ng amazing.
It's a shame that most stuff are too much luck based to do in the actual run (Killing off Lions/Gargoyles with the instant death spell).
03:09 is impossible to do with a console run. Well it is possible, but only after a gazillion times re-doing segments.
Pudding%
Quote:
Wow, has anyone seen the TAS of this game on Bisqwit's site?? It's f****ng amazing.
It's a shame that most stuff are too much luck based to do in the actual run (Killing off Lions/Gargoyles with the instant death spell).
03:09 is impossible to do with a console run. Well it is possible, but only after a gazillion times re-doing segments.

I'll take a look at it later.

Progress since last update: None.
Haven't had a lot of time to work on it, and Camu is still being a bitch and not coughing up the jewel.

As for instant death against Lions and Gargoyles...that's exactly what I did in V1.0 - so no it's not "too luck based" to do in a console run  Wink
Any progress on the run?
Or were there some things in real life that prevented you to play/run the game?
Pudding%
I don't get as much time as I would like to work on it, and Camu is pissin' me off (still no Camu Jewel...)

I'll finish the thing at some point, provided Camu doesn't cause me to break my cart in half...  :-/
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
so you dragondarch you are the only one who is trying to speedrun it atm? where are you exactly?
Never give up!
Quote:
so you dragondarch you are the only one who is trying to speedrun it atm? where are you exactly?

I'm going to guess he's still stuck at Camu....

Wonder if he's tried swinging the sword against a wall several times as part of his luck manipulation attempts?  I'm not joking - the TAS does something similar with the Hook at one point, although 'gunty' abuses it for more than luck manipulation.
Edit history:
DavizZz: 2007-04-13 10:56:10 am
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
ouh Camu wasnt it a tiger who kidnapped Guys' sister? yes it's true he is a hard oppenent at the beginning. i did kill him just quick, but when dragondarch does a speedrun he has no time to level up... and the heaviest fights are coming up... e.g. the flower(!) on the mountain. she got hard attacks and if your level is too low some of your chars die like selan... than you have some probs because you have no healer (maybe lexis could help)
Never give up!
Eh......

The reason he's stuck at Camu is not the boss's difficulty.

No, Dragondarch absolutely requires the Camu Jewel for the strategies of some later boss fights.  Probably one of the rarest drops in the game.
Pudding%
Quote:

I'm going to guess he's still stuck at Camu....

Wonder if he's tried swinging the sword against a wall several times as part of his luck manipulation attempts?  I'm not joking - the TAS does something similar with the Hook at one point, although 'gunty' abuses it for more than luck manipulation.

Yup, still stuck here.

Right now I'm trying in-battle manipulation to get the drop...mostly so I don't have to re-learn the entire fight.
However, if he doesn't cough it up soon, I may have to resort to that...
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
ah ok now i understand.. which level are you? @ camu
Edit history:
Dragondarch: 2007-04-13 06:24:27 pm
Pudding%
I don't feel like turning the game on right now, but I think its 10/10/12 Maxim/Tia/Guy.
Don't quote me on that, though.
Why would the level matter though?
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
Quote:
Why would the level matter though?

if i don understand you wrong: you ask, why the level is so important?

well, i played the game I think one year ago and I know if you are a too low level you will have big problems. the heaviest enemy was this flower fight... i wasnt so low but she got hard attacks...

we will see how dragond. will run it Smiley
The flower is easy compared to the Tarantula.
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
in my opinion tarantula is quite easy when she does not call help! easy to fight. the flower is heavier although i forgot some fights, but there are some other oppenents which are a bit hard. because i got the german version it is hard to explain which enemies I mean :/
Pudding%
Quote:
in my opinion tarantula is quite easy when she does not call help! easy to fight. the flower is heavier although i forgot some fights, but there are some other oppenents which are a bit hard. because i got the german version it is hard to explain which enemies I mean :/

The Rogue Flower can be kept asleep the entire fight.
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
i see that there are some tricks to kill some enemies quicker than i ever did. just interesting. i am very interesting in your run and i would like to be a verifier
Wink
Existence as you know it is over
Quote:
i am very interesting in your run and i would like to be a verifier
Wink

Verifiers are supposed to keep their identity secret. And you ask mikwuyma, not the runner.
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
i just know it, it was only an idea.
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
and dragon? see that Camu doesnt want to cooperate Wink
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
what's up you made HOT ^^ tell me sth
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
I'm mostly just posting so that DD knows I'm still around. Worthless, I know.

What's progress like?
Pudding%
Quote:
I'm mostly just posting so that DD knows I'm still around. Worthless, I know.

What's progress like?

You get one guess where I'm still stuck at...  Wink
youtube.com/DavizZz2106
tanbel southeast tower Wink
Pudding%
FINALLY! I have the Camu Jewel! The run is no longer at a wall!

I just sent Gunty a thank you PM, since without his info on how the RNG works, I would NOT have the damned thing at this time.

I managed to get it to drop within 30 minutes of attempts today...so much better than the last 4 months! This run will be finished as soon as I can possibly plow through the rest of the segments...it's beyond long overdue Wink