Lucky Luke: On the Daltons' Trail (uk/jp/na) (pc/psx) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'wesen'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Lucky Luke: On the Daltons' Trail (uk/jp/na) (pc/psx) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/luckyluke-20161024/any%25.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
It's great to see how many things have improved since the previous submission. The run looks pretty solid now. There are some terrible rng-sections late in the game that can't be expected to go perfectly, so a bit of time could come off there. Overall, good job!

Accept
will be doing this
23:00 Couldn't you have taken a hit from one of the other enemies to save maybe a second here waiting for the second volley of arrows?

23:25 - do you do this shorter jump over the gap on purpose?! That looks crazy, but actually saves time...

27:58 - does this jump ever kill you? I'd be surprised to hear it doesn't. If I was running, I might just push the crate an extra inch to make it 100% consistent. Would have saved time over having to do a double take.

42:26 - is there a 50/50 chance of guys spawning on the lower left and up on the roof? If so doing what you did is (I believe) as fast as keeping the reticle centered between the two locations. However, if the chances of them spawning on the roof are even slightly higher, I suppose you should be hovering that place instead. Maybe there's something else you told me last time, in which case I've forgotten.

Well here's a run! I noticed many improvements throughout. Ladders are abused more for example and not many mistakes. Good bosses.

Accept! Keep 'em coming!
Decision posted.
Quote:
23:00 Couldn't you have taken a hit from one of the other enemies to save maybe a second here waiting for the second volley of arrows?

Yes, I usually take a hit from the enemy at 22:19. This time I wanted to play very safe and take the third hit from the cactus at 22:31. However he did not hit me and I lost a few seconds from that as well as from waiting for a second arrow.

Quote:
23:25 - do you do this shorter jump over the gap on purpose?! That looks crazy, but actually saves time...

Yes, I do that jump on purpose. It is 100% consistent, the hitbox of this thing is very big.

Quote:
27:58 - does this jump ever kill you? I'd be surprised to hear it doesn't. If I was running, I might just push the crate an extra inch to make it 100% consistent. Would have saved time over having to do a double take.

It doesn't kill you because there is another level of platforms down there, but you will lose a lot of time (about 15 seconds) when you fall down and have to go up again.
The overall speed in this level is dependent on the platforms at 28:48 and 29:40. You can get onto the first platform one cycle earlier but there is very little room for errors in the previous part of the level. When you get the early cycle for the first platform you will also get an earlier cycle for the second platform.

Quote:
42:26 - is there a 50/50 chance of guys spawning on the lower left and up on the roof? If so doing what you did is (I believe) as fast as keeping the reticle centered between the two locations. However, if the chances of them spawning on the roof are even slightly higher, I suppose you should be hovering that place instead. Maybe there's something else you told me last time, in which case I've forgotten.

I think these enemies spawn in a fixed pattern. The barrel that comes from behind the left house will attack two times. I hit it so early the first time that it wasn't even visible, so I wasn't sure whether it already moved and whether it will move one or two more times.

Thanks for verifying and accepting the run.
Hmm... so you might be losing time because you killed the guy before he was visible? Smiley
Yes, I lost a little bit of time because I had no visual feedback and didn't know the exact order in which enemies spawn in this area.