--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Jokaah:
I'm curious.. what would a 100% run of chip 'n dale (NES) be? Smiley
Just all the levels or collecting all the flowers/stars?

I think 100% should be all levels. All flowers/stars would probably be impossible.
Edit history:
Shiden: 2012-11-18 02:25:30 am
Shiden: 2012-11-17 02:52:47 pm
Shiden: 2012-11-15 01:43:41 pm
Shiden: 2012-11-13 08:30:59 am
Ys Origin
100% w/ Yunica //major skips and glitches// ~ JP retail v1.0.0.4: (excluding all skippable events [bosses, cutscenes] which aren't tracked in any way)
-Armor
-Boots
-Accessories
-Skill jewels
-All inventory items
-Activate all save statues

All of the above for the Steam version including all bosses defeated.
Edit history:
TheVoid: 2012-11-17 09:56:30 pm
A little reminder:

Quote from Flip:
Note if you want to contribute to this thread: It's not meant to be used as a place to discuss what you want a 100% definition to be. That can go in game-specific threads. The idea is to compile existing definitions into one place. So please don't stump for anything. Look at other games and try to go with established conventions. If I find out later you were making stuff up, I'm naturally not going to trust you in the future.
Hitman Blood Money 100% - Complete all optional objectives

While this hasn't been ever discussed thoroughly anywhere, the game used to have a very active following on Youtube and completing all objectives, especially in Silent Assassin runs, became a standard. The only other thing you could do that might count towards the % is collecting all guns but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
1-Up!
Updated.
Whatz Up everyone.
I was wondering what everyone else's opinion would be for a 100% run of The Legend of Zelda (Both first quest and second). When I do my run of the first quest, I get everything  at least once except Maps and Compasses (since they aren't used/kept after each dungeon), Keys (Since the Magical Key acts as all of them), and Bomb Upgrades. Reason why I say at least once, is because by the end of the game, I normally don't rebuy the bait, since it's only needed once, I either have a Blue Medicine or none, and I sometimes (not always) lose my Magical Shield to a Lik Lik. [Also, would collecting all secret rupees be involved?]
For a 100%, would my run count, or would I need to rebuy the Bait, Magical Shield, pick up ALL the stuff, Upgrade my Bomb Capacity, and/or have a Red Medicine when I reach Zelda?
I think the definition for Zero Mission low% could use a revision.

"Similar for the low% category: 10% on Hard is actually less than 9% on Normal (4 vs 5 missiles). 9% Hard is possible on the European version."

That part just sounds bizarre. For one, the only thing that has ever mattered in a Metroid game is the completion percentage, so why 10% with 4 total missiles would be less than 9% with 5 missiles is beyond me. Not to mention, the only submitted low% run for this game actually picks up a Super Missile container, which is equivalent to 5 regular missiles in power... so, it's in direct contradiction with this rule!

I say it should read something like this:

"For low%, 9% Normal and 10% Hard are regarded as separate categories. 9% Hard is possible on the European version."
lol yeah, that revision sounds much better to me.
Yes, a cucco riding the ground.
The 101% definition for Donkey Kong 64 should be changed. There is a glitch with the percentage counter that causes it to say 101% before you've actually collected all the items that count toward your percentage. This was probably not known when Joe Wiewel did his 101% run, so it was believed that the in-game definition was sufficient. When this issue was discussed in the DK64 thread, it was agreed that the situation was analagous to other cases where in-game counters are inaccurate. In Ocarina of Time, you can get the Skulltula token counter to say 100 without getting all the tokens, but you still need to get them all. In Metroid Prime 2, you can get the percentage counter to say 100% without getting all the items, but you still need to get them all (or so it's said; this thread contradicts that, but maybe the MP2 entry also needs to be changed). Here is the definition for 101% that was agreed upon:

"All Golden Bananas, Battle Crowns, Banana Fairies, Banana Medals, and Boss Keys; Nintendo Coin and Rareware Coin"

Also, low% is 0%, not 1%.
1-Up!
Updated.
Highly Evolved
Quote from Blazeingphoenix:
I was wondering what everyone else's opinion would be for a 100% run of The Legend of Zelda (Both first quest and second). When I do my run of the first quest, I get everything  at least once except Maps and Compasses (since they aren't used/kept after each dungeon), Keys (Since the Magical Key acts as all of them), and Bomb Upgrades. Reason why I say at least once, is because by the end of the game, I normally don't rebuy the bait, since it's only needed once, I either have a Blue Medicine or none, and I sometimes (not always) lose my Magical Shield to a Lik Lik. [Also, would collecting all secret rupees be involved?]
For a 100%, would my run count, or would I need to rebuy the Bait, Magical Shield, pick up ALL the stuff, Upgrade my Bomb Capacity, and/or have a Red Medicine when I reach Zelda?

My opinion is that bait doesn't need to be rebought (already owned and spent), letter is required, but potions aren't (expendable), bomb upgrades are required (upgrade much like magic upgrade in 100% LttP), and magic shield is debatable so I don't care either way.
Edit history:
Blazeingphoenix: 2013-01-03 07:52:49 pm
Blazeingphoenix: 2013-01-03 07:52:45 pm
Blazeingphoenix: 2013-01-03 07:52:43 pm
Blazeingphoenix: 2013-01-03 07:51:52 pm
Blazeingphoenix: 2013-01-03 07:51:09 pm
Blazeingphoenix: 2013-01-03 07:50:52 pm
Whatz Up everyone.
  Reason why I asked about Bomb Capacity is because on the ALttP 100% Run I saw, the person who held the record didn't upgrade the Bombs and Arrows capacity, and at first, I thought it should be the same for The Legend for Zelda, but there's only 2 for the first Zelda game whereas ALttP has a lot more. As for the Medicine, I was asking, if I were to use the Medicine, if I still had either the Blue Medicine or Letter, would it still count.
  So little Dungeon stuff doesn't matter [Maps, Compasses, and Keys] as long as I get the Magical Key (which I get every Main dungeon items [Bows, Raft, ect.]), Bait doesn't need to be rebought, letter is okay enough but Blue or Red Medicine can still count, Bomb Capacity still needs to be enlarged (x200 Rupees total, since each require 100 Rupees), and Magical Shield, if bought, it doesn't matter if taken or not... anyone agree or disagree?
F*ckin' sanity effects...
I don't know if I'd ever actually want to do it, but is there a 100% definition for Eternal Darkness?  All spell scrolls, all rune tablets, get enchanted sword, maybe?  I guess if you wanted, you could include getting all the letters and journal pages and the like across some levels where they're not required (but where would that stop? would you have to collect everything that's not required except ammunition?), and maybe all weapons or something?  Would you have to create all the 5-point and 7-point spells (ugh)?  I'd be curious what the powers that be feel about that.
Highly Evolved
Quote from Blazeingphoenix:
  Reason why I asked about Bomb Capacity is because on the ALttP 100% Run I saw, the person who held the record didn't upgrade the Bombs and Arrows capacity, and at first, I thought it should be the same for The Legend for Zelda, but there's only 2 for the first Zelda game whereas ALttP has a lot more. As for the Medicine, I was asking, if I were to use the Medicine, if I still had either the Blue Medicine or Letter, would it still count.
  So little Dungeon stuff doesn't matter [Maps, Compasses, and Keys] as long as I get the Magical Key (which I get every Main dungeon items [Bows, Raft, ect.]), Bait doesn't need to be rebought, letter is okay enough but Blue or Red Medicine can still count, Bomb Capacity still needs to be enlarged (x200 Rupees total, since each require 100 Rupees), and Magical Shield, if bought, it doesn't matter if taken or not... anyone agree or disagree?

Have to get the letter, since you have to get every HC.  Whether or not you buy a potion is up to you.

I generally lean toward not getting the magical shield, since the question of whether you have to buy another one if you lose it is a good one, and having to rebuy something is generally not thought of as a 100% item in SDA terms. 
Whatz Up everyone.
    Okay, I just did a run of The Legend of Zelda First Quest, while getting everything [Hearts, Bomb Capacity Upgrades, ect.] except for re-buying the bait, Maps, Keys (since I got the Magical Key), and Compasses as well as I didn't lose the Magical Shield this time. The Overall Time was 1:18:14.63 Seconds, which is 4 Min. and 5 sec. longer than my PB, mostly cause I had to grind for 20 Rupees for the last upgrade, which took about a min. Overall, it wasn't as difficult as I expected, but I'm also not used to get the Capacity Upgraded. I believe I can do a lot faster next time around, but I also wonder how fast a pro can do the run, since I'm still kinda a noob at speedrunning.
    So I'm going to say for The Legend of Zelda 100%= Everything [Hearts, Bomb Capacity Upgraded Maxed, Dungeon Items [including the Magical Key and Magical Book), Letter, ect.] except for Maps, Compasses, Keys (since Magical Key covers all of them), and Re-buying the bait (since it was claimed and used already).
    Anything else to make it official, or not?
HELLO!
I think this debate needs to happen in the game thread, then we come back here when there's a decision?  Because I think what you said there Blazeingphoenix still leaves the matter of the magic shield.
Whatz Up everyone.
Well, I always get the Magic Shield because I hate fighting the Blue Gohma in Dungeon/Level 8 w/out the shield to block the extra fire balls from the corners, and most of all... the dang Wizrobes. If I don't have the Magical Shield, I most of the time Die in Dungeon 6 and loss most of my health in Death Mt. Wizrobes are number one thing that give me a hard time when Speedrunning. But yeah, I think a debate should be made not only on the shield, but what can be a fair quantification of a 100% on The Legend of Zelda (and I've yet to try the second quest, so not sure whether the rules will change for it or not... but as far as I know, it shouldn't).
HELLO!
Well there's already some discussion there. I look forward to your chiming in there.
Whatz Up everyone.
May I ask where exactly the discussion is, please and thanks.
Highly Evolved
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/the_legend_of_zeldaall_categories.html
What would low% mean in Pikmin2? Minimum amount of treasure?
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from D YellowMadness:
What would low% mean in Pikmin2? Minimum amount of treasure?

Likely, but this isn't the thread for discussing it. Find the Pikmin 2 thread and discuss it there, then report back here when a definition is decided upon.
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
I don't think pikmin 2 actually has a low % since there isn't a "minimum" route the game gives you.  Just the 100% "collect all treasures". And an any percentage "pay off the debt."
Skate 2 100%: All challenges, property, contests and races. To be more specific, this includes: Skateboard Mag, Thrasher Mag, Pro challenges, Bonus challenges (Danny Way, Rob Dyrdek) Tranny and Street Contests, races, Throwdown challenges, Own and Kill all the spots, own all property, and all Hall of Meat Challenges. You do not need to complete all of the team film challenges, only enough to unlock the training facility.
Discussion can be viewed here: http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/ratchet_and_clank6_44.html
Ratchet and Clank 100%:
All items (specifically labelled as items [Raritanium does not count])
All gadgets
All skill points
All gold bolts
All missions completed