Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Exoray
Well, only when it's not obvious. In this case it seems pretty clear what a low% constitutes of since you are going by the number of items in the inventory.
The definition doesn't change when you discover new shortcuts, only the % gets lower (which we don't track here). Flip won't have to update it all the time as you discover new things if we simply label it as lowest amount of items.
Waiting hurts my soul...
If you wanted to keep a screen shot link to it, I suggest putting it in the thread or on a strategy page in the knowledge base. The latter is a good way to centralize the tricks and glitches involved in getting low% as well.
Break through the final confusion
Yeah, I see what you're both saying and it makes sense. Ok, sounds good to me! I'll post the screenshot on the thread for now, and we can just put this for the low% definition:

Low%: Lowest number of items in the Items Screen, and Glyph Reader (and Game Master for Segmented Runs)

I think we should leave the mention of Game Master in there just cause I think it's definitely worth mentioning that an SS is actually a lower % run than a segmented run, due to the need of the existence of saving your game in the latter. Smiley
1-Up!
Fixed Pokemon Colosseum and La Mulana.
Mike agreed a while ago that Kingdom Hearts II 100% should be 100% in Jiminy's Journal, and does not require 100% gummi route completion.
Professional Second Banana
We also agreed for All Worlds to be a run type in Kingdom Hearts II - completing all main story quests for each world so that all of the keyhole symbols are filled in on the world map.
Edit history:
The2012Robot: 2011-07-14 01:53:41 pm
I run for fun :)
I'm about to start a speed run on Resident Evil 4. It's going to be 100% (based on treasure) on Professional. Does anybody agree with my definition of 100% here? It's going to be a segmented run first so I have something to compare to when I go for the epic single segment. I hope somebody reads this soon because I want to start ASAP.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from The2012Robot:
I'm about to start a speed run on Resident Evil 4. It's going to be 100% (based on treasure) on Professional. Does anybody agree with my definition of 100% here? It's going to be a segmented run first so I have something to compare to when I go for the epic single segment. I hope somebody reads this soon because I want to start ASAP.

Discuss in the game forum for definitions, then report the consensus here.
Thank you for directing me. And I just would like to point out how ironic it is that under your avatar, it says, "Waiting hurts my soul..." Indeed.
Apparently there is no definition for 100% Resident Evil 4 because nobody can agree on anything- not even individual 100% categories. Just letting everyone know- do not waste your time doing a 100% run (by what ever definition you may choose) if you want it up on this site- they will not accept it.
Resident Evil 4 low%: knife-only, handgun only if knifing is impossible
Edit history:
jesmurf: 2011-07-31 06:55:26 am
jesmurf: 2011-07-31 06:55:17 am
Yes Johnny, play the violin!
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone (PC) 100%: All wizard cards including the secret one(requires all other cards and 250 beans), max house points (which is 402). Not necessarily all challenge stars since in the potion's challenge Snape will say that they have no value in his classroom so it doesn't matter for your house points anyway. I'm planning on doing a run on that as soon as I have something decent to record my screen with.
Edit history:
Patrick: 2011-07-31 06:57:34 pm
Patrick: 2011-07-31 06:57:12 pm
Patrick: 2011-07-31 06:57:02 pm
Quote from Norrec:

As soon as you have to use an item once you have to use it where it saves time, or am I wrong?

edited shortly after posting
1-Up!
Quote from Norrec:

Quote from jesmurf:
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone (PC) 100%: All wizard cards including the secret one(requires all other cards and 250 beans), max house points (which is 402). Not necessarily all challenge stars since in the potion's challenge Snape will say that they have no value in his classroom so it doesn't matter for your house points anyway. I'm planning on doing a run on that as soon as I have something decent to record my screen with.

Were these decided in their respective planning threads? If you need the handgun to finish the game then there's no point in restricting your use of it. That would be like restricting Metroid Prime to the Power Beam even though the other beams are required to beat the game.
1-Up!
Also, I've restructured this thread into one big list instead of separating Runs on SDA and Future Runs.  To be honest, I don't ever think to move them over when runs are posted anyway, so this makes it easier to read and easier for me to maintain.

Also I'm updated to this point. Didn't include RE4 or HP1 because I don't know if those were truly consensuses.
Quote from Flip:
Quote from Norrec:

Quote from jesmurf:

Were these decided in their respective planning threads? If you need the handgun to finish the game then there's no point in restricting your use of it. That would be like restricting Metroid Prime to the Power Beam even though the other beams are required to beat the game.

Carcinogen and me talked a bit about it during the 100% debate and agreed on the definition I suggested here (if I didn't get him wrong). But I see what you mean, and yes, the handgun is necessary to finish the game. In one boss fight and at two places where you have to shoot things to be able to move on. "Knife/handgun only" would be a better definition then, it's up to the runner to figure out which weapon is more useful at which point since it's possible that the knife does more damage on certain enemies, especially on the PAL versions.
Quote from Flip:
Quote from Norrec:

Quote from jesmurf:

Were these decided in their respective planning threads?

Nope it wasn't really discussed. Noone took that much of an interest in this game anyway when I mentioned wanting to speed run it 100%, angelmark said he'd enjoy watching me collect the challenge stars more though. And since this game has an actual limit to how much house points you can earn where in HPatCoS there wasn't I figured that max house points should be a part too. It does show up in the menu screen. If collecting house points would be too boring to watch then I'd be ok with only all wizard cards too but that isn't what I thought the 100% would be.
1-Up!
Added RE 4 low%

jesmurf, I want to see some sort of consensus, even if you can only get one person to discuss it with you. If you can't find a single person who knows enough about the game to discuss it with you, then your odds of finding verifiers are bleak and you may want to consider not running that game for SDA.
Quote from Flip:
Added RE 4 low%

jesmurf, I want to see some sort of consensus, even if you can only get one person to discuss it with you. If you can't find a single person who knows enough about the game to discuss it with you, then your odds of finding verifiers are bleak and you may want to consider not running that game for SDA.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm gonna go through with speed running at all(for youtube only I mean) cause like you said: Not that many people seem interested. I'm going to check if someone wants to discuss it though.
DK + Mario Kart 8 = <3
can anyone say me the 100% definition of bomberman 64 is it only all 120 gold cards or is it all 120 gold cards and all costom items?
1-Up!
^Belongs in the Bomberman 64 Planning thread, not here.
Precursor
Might as well put this here.

Ufouria
low%: Collect only Bop-Louie's Suction Cup, Gil's secret weapon and the three keys (low% glitchless - as in not using the secret weapon glitch: as above, plus either Bop-Louie's secret weapon or Shades' secret weapon)
100%: All chests.
Main Work!!!
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Low%: Grabbing only the key Item to open door and solve puzzle that can't be skipped by glitch(because glitches have already been found for the rest).
100%: Grabbing all the item(except Laudanums, tinder boxes and oil potions), grabbing all notes, all journal pages and solving every puzzles(with good ending indeed(saving Aggripa)).
Edit history:
Raelcun: 2011-09-30 06:04:33 pm
Raelcun: 2011-09-30 04:58:32 pm
We require more minerals
Super Meat Boy

Thinking of putting something together since I can only do PC stuff right now.

Low% would be light world Meat boy only do enough stages to unlock bosses no bandages?
100% is obvious since it tracks it in game, A+ all levels, do warpzones pick up all bandages.
Edit history:
dballin: 2011-09-30 06:52:49 pm
Balls jerky
any% is low% unless im missing something