Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
4NT
A bit of clarification for Strife 100% since that one was noted as unsure. Think me and Radix agreed on 100% being all weapons collected and all stat upgrades collected. Unsure if it included using the non-automatic upgrades to max the stats or not (visiting the medic and armory in base to hand in).
VVVVVV 100%: Collect all Shiny Trinkets
Sonical!
Does anyone plan on updating the list any soon?
welcome to the machine
Quote:
Banjo-Kazooie: all notes, jiggies, honeycombs

does this include the final double-health powerup right before gruntilda?
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-03-03 09:33:31 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Super Meat Boy: All Bandages, all characters, and all stages with an A+ rating (yes, that includes glitch zones for 360 users).
1-Up!
Sorry for taking so long to update.  This thread sees so few posts that I got into the bad habit of saying  "I'll update next time somebody posts."  Anyhow, list ought to be up to date.  Feel free to point out any errors.
Wiiaboo
Kirby's Epic Yarn: Play all levels (including the two bonus levels for each world), collect all three treasures in each level
Metroidvanias are God Tier
So I am doing a low% run of the indie game la mulana. And in the thread we are having trouble deciding what actually defines low%. You see there are two items, Silver shield and the Angel Shield. You have to get one of them to beat the game however the angle shield is supposed to be an upgrade to the silver shield but you can get the angel shield first. So basically they are 2 different items however 1 is better. So in a low% run would it still be low% if I went and got the better angel shield?
Edit history:
gia: 2011-04-26 11:37:49 pm
gia: 2011-04-26 11:36:31 pm
gia: 2011-04-26 11:32:54 pm
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
to me its obvious the un-upgraded item is low%, in games like contra you always have one weapon, and it is a type of run to run with the weakest, non upgraded one. From a math point of view both are allowed though since 1 is 1. The rule sees things from a numbers perspective, so unless you guys all agree you want less upgrades rather than number of items it would be fine to grab either depending on what's faster, like metroid runs.
that Metroidvania guy
i think there's one particular factor to really consider here (and i don't know the answer cuz i've never gotten the angel shield first): can you still grab the silver shield after you have the angel shield? if not, then silver shield is forced... if you can (even though it wouldn't override it on the menu), i think you could make the argument that one or the other is fine. too bad the game doesn't have a pre-defined % to make this easier.
Metroidvanias are God Tier
yeah you can still go back and pick up the silver shield. Of course all this means is that I won't have to go out of my way to get a bunch of bombs so I don't take damage in the last phase of the final boss. So the viewers won't have to watch me go out of my way for a bunch of bombs which will make the run better to watch and a tiny bit easier to run.
1-Up!
Idk if we have a precedent to go on here, but my initial thoughts are that if you have to get one shield, but you can get either one independently of the other, then either one should work
Edit history:
Heidrage: 2011-04-29 06:06:04 pm
Heidrage: 2011-04-29 06:05:50 pm
Heidrage: 2011-04-29 06:04:36 pm
Willing to teach you the impossible
Could there be a Low% for Super Castlevania 4? No sub weapon would be a given. Should there be no upgrades at all?

Edit: nvm, I was just lazy and did not read the second post...

Quote:
Classic Castlevania (1, 3, 4, Bloodlines, Chronicles, all original Gameboy titles): No weapon powerups, no subweapons, no instant-kill or invulnerability items, no health items, no partner characters (CV3 only)
Sorry for the double post, but would heath pickups be allowed?
Waiting hurts my soul...
says no health items
I really am blind...
We really need to update the low% for Metroid Prime as 21% was confirmed a while ago and we also need to update Prime 2 for 7%.
Break through the final confusion
Discussion in the La-Mulana thread has resulted in these definitions:

100%: Completed Items screen, completed ROMs screen, all Maps, Skimpy Swimsuit, Chain Whip, Buckler, and Silver Shield.

Low%: Um... it goes against the nature of the thread, but there really is no concise way to say this one. Smiley This is because (a) there's a bunch of items, and (b) Segmented runs get an extra item that is needed to save the game.
I attached a screenshot of what the inventory screen should look like at the end of the game, minus 2 of the MSX Cartridges. Perhaps the first post should link to this one? Then it could say something like:

Low%: All items on the screenshot, and Glyph Reader (and Game Master for Segmented Runs)

Otherwise, the long version is:

Low%: All Main Weapons and Seals,  Shurikens, Spears, Flares, Bombs, Silver OR Angel Shield, Scanner, Boots, Lamp of Time, Pochette Key, Woman Statue, Scalesphere, Helmet, Magatama Jewel, Flywheel, Grapple Claw, Ice Cape, Ocarina, Plane Model, Anchor, Serpent Staff, Dragon Bone, Wedge, Feather, Twin Statue, Crystal Skull, Bronze Mirror, La-Mulana Talisman, Container w/Medicine of Life, and Glyph Reader (and Game Master for Segmented Runs)

...whew.. Smiley

Attachment:
1-Up!
This thread is up-to-date.
It's time for some HEErooooOOOOHi cs!
Quote from TheMaxican:
Discussion in the La-Mulana thread has resulted in these definitions:

100%: Completed Items screen, completed ROMs screen, all Maps, Skimpy Swimsuit, Chain Whip, Buckler, and Silver Shield.

Low%: Um... it goes against the nature of the thread, but there really is no concise way to say this one. Smiley This is because (a) there's a bunch of items, and (b) Segmented runs get an extra item that is needed to save the game.
I attached a screenshot of what the inventory screen should look like at the end of the game, minus 2 of the MSX Cartridges. Perhaps the first post should link to this one? Then it could say something like:

Low%: All items on the screenshot, and Glyph Reader (and Game Master for Segmented Runs)

Otherwise, the long version is:

Low%: All Main Weapons and Seals,  Shurikens, Spears, Flares, Bombs, Silver OR Angel Shield, Scanner, Boots, Lamp of Time, Pochette Key, Woman Statue, Scalesphere, Helmet, Magatama Jewel, Flywheel, Grapple Claw, Ice Cape, Ocarina, Plane Model, Anchor, Serpent Staff, Dragon Bone, Wedge, Feather, Twin Statue, Crystal Skull, Bronze Mirror, La-Mulana Talisman, Container w/Medicine of Life, and Glyph Reader (and Game Master for Segmented Runs)

...whew.. Smiley

I don't see Hell Temple in there, I really feel it should be part of 100% seeing as how it's an entire area of the game, regardless of whether or not you keep the item.
Edit history:
TheMaxican: 2011-06-03 03:24:21 am
Quote from UltraJMan:
I don't see Hell Temple in there, I really feel it should be part of 100% seeing as how it's an entire area of the game, regardless of whether or not you keep the item.

Ah, you'll notice "Skimpy Swimsuit" in the definition. That, by extension, includes Hell Temple. Smiley I was just following Flip's advice in not being redundant by listing "Hell Temple" as well.

EDIT: Actually, we have a correction to the La-Mulana 100% definition! Since Chain Whip, Buckler, and Silver Shield are all "basic" versions of more advanced items (namely, the Mace and the Angel Shield), then we believe the SDA precedent is that they are NOT required (please correct us if we're wong!)

So now the 100% definition is a bit simpler:

La Mulana - Completed Items screen, completed ROMs screen, all Maps, and Skimpy Swimsuit

Ah, and thanks for the work of keeping all of this organized, Flip!
Let the music play!
Pokemon Colosseum isn't listed in the 100% definitions. It was estalished the run ends as soon as the last Shadow Pokemon was caught.
Sorry, Flip, but we have yet ANOTHER correction to La-Mulana! It's on low% this time... it turns out the Grapple Claw can be skipped.

Luckily, since you just linked to the screenshot before, all you have to do now is link to THIS one:

Attachment:
Exoray
Shouldn't low% be listed as "least amount of items collected" in this case?
Well, sure, but I thought the point of this thread was to elaborate on what that means! Smiley

Actually, La-Mulana's just one of those games that has a whole bunch of items and it's not really obvious which ones aren't required, especially since some of them involve glitches and tricks, so the developers clearly weren't intending you to skip some of them (Endless Key and now Grapple Claw are good examples of this). Hence why I felt it should be elaborated.