List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2008-09-16 06:42:44 am
DS Dictator
Future runs:

100%
* New Super Mario Bros (3 star file includes, Bowser defeated, All levels & exits and collecting and paying all 240 Star coins).
* Super Mario 64 DS 150 stars (Luigi and Wario unlocked too).
* Wario Land: SML3 (All 15 treasures. all hidden exits too. But it requires lucky gambling to achieve 99,999 coins for the Perfect ending).

Low%
* New Super Mario Bros (1 star file) that uses cannon warps to reach Bowser as soon as possible.
* Super Mario 64 DS. 50 stars (Out of bounds glitch abuse, only Mario and Yoshi).
* Zelda A Link to the Past ... Only Master Sword with no Mail upgrades nor Shield upgrades. Dungeon hearts can't be avoided. No Blue cane, Magic Cape (and anything else I've missed).

Oh and Lord VG my UFO abuse run of Kirby's Adventure percentage was 71%.
Visually Appealing
Dracula X Chronicles covers percentage a little differently from it's predecessor. stages, maidens, and bosses still count. but in addition, hidden CDs and the two retro games count as well. i don't think these extra things should count towards 100%, because 8 of the CDs and Peke have to be unlocked through Boss Rush. i see no need to go through Boss Rush 9 times.

so for Dracula X Chronicles, 100% should be the same as in Rondo of Blood.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Enterim: Yes, but it's not infinite spawning, so you would just have to wait.

Stanski: Hmmmm, good point, I guess it's just better if nothing is collected except for points.

Satoryu: Fair enough.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Satoryu:
Dracula X Chronicles covers percentage a little differently from it's predecessor. stages, maidens, and bosses still count. but in addition, hidden CDs and the two retro games count as well. i don't think these extra things should count towards 100%, because 8 of the CDs and Peke have to be unlocked through Boss Rush. i see no need to go through Boss Rush 9 times.

so for Dracula X Chronicles, 100% should be the same as in Rondo of Blood.

On one hand, I love this definition.  I hate going through boss rush 8 times (not 9.  You only have to go through Normal 2x if my notes are correct.  One of the times through was for Peke Peke unlockable).  Once you've unlocked Original/SOTN/Peke, they stay unlocked unless you deleted ALL of the DXC save files.  I don't remember what they're replaced with

On the other hand, it's only 60% complete, if I remember right.  Which kinda sucks. >_>;;
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
What's the definition for Zelda Links Awaking DX 100% run?

My Suggsesion is:

-all upgrades
-all Heartpieces
-all Lv2 equiptmend
-all barter transaction done and get the boomerang
-do the color dungen to get the red or blue suit

THIS doe's not include the Photos because I think the Photos dont count because they dont increes any ability

But whats the officel definition?
Quote from Satoryu:
Quote from 65:
Wait a second. I thought you needed to buy Sigma Blade for Zero, since he'll be at 95% without it. You know, the reason why you don't need to buff him up to 100% to get the Black Armor? I'll have to look into that.

again, you don't have to buy anything. so you don't have to "level up" the characters either. everything on the R&D menu has no bearing on what the game's save file counts as 100%. it's just capsules and rare metals.

and you actually do need the Sigma Blade to get Black Zero.

I misspoke. I meant you don't need to have Zero 100% at the end of the first cycle.

The new 100% sounds, quite frankly, flawed. I mean, by this definition of the rules, in the MMX5 100% it would be unnecessary to collect the ultimate/black armors (which would mean Black would be ditched outright), only in MMX8's case the list of what you don't need to get is much longer. You save literally an hour by not having to get the last ~25% of the stuff the game doesn't count.

I know I should be happy about this, but it just doesn't make sense not to collect everything even though it's called "100%". You don't even need to unlock everything (ie., special equipment), which makes even less sense.

I probably get over it, though. I'll get to it once I get my primary computer working again (yes, the same comp that broke down 18 months ago or so; I'm really bad at fixing computer problems, I've been busy and overall I just couldn't be arsed to do it). Might take a while, though.
Catchin' them all
I'm doing a 100% Pokémon Blue run, for me this includes:

- Capturing 151 Pokémon;
- Getting all badges;
(- Getting the diploma; though I'm not sure about that).
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from Thomaz:

- Capturing 151 Pokémon;
- Getting all badges;

Isn't getting all of them impossible without trading with another player or using Pokémon Stadium?
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
LOL, I just realized I hyped up the Rondo of Blood 100% definition when the game itself tells you.

Carc: Magi-Master is actually trivially easy and pretty fast, even if you had level 1 guys with no spells or anything. Give everyone Wall Rings, let him kill himself, right before he dies use Palidor, someone will land, get a spell reflected off them, Ultima, air guys survive.

petrie911 is like a god to me, thanks

Mike: About Zero series, I did that because there weren't any real 100% yet. This means that getting all S-ranks is a PRIDE MOVIE played for PRIDE oh noes.

Greenalink: You explained NSMB very poorly and I don't know the game, so I'm not going to guess. For 100%, do you just mean 3 stars on the save file? I can't imagine the definition of anything including "Bowser defeated." And for low%, how is that any different from any%? We don't have a low% for say SMB3. It's trivial that you would take the least number of stages. I'm not adding Mario 64 DS since we already have Mario 64 and it's already all stars/min stars. For Wario Land, isn't it just best ending? No offense, but I think you should have thought about your post more before you made it.
Catchin' them all
Quote from MatrixTN:
Quote from Thomaz:

- Capturing 151 Pokémon;
- Getting all badges;

Isn't getting all of them impossible without trading with another player or using Pokémon Stadium?

I can easily glitch a lot of Pokemon. Smiley
Quote from Enhasa:
Mike: About Zero series, I did that because there weren't any real 100% yet. This means that getting all S-ranks is a PRIDE MOVIE played for PRIDE oh noes.

So does that mean a faster, non-S-rank run would obsolete the S-rank one or is it a "grand fathered" category like the Half-Life 2 external scripts and Super Mario 64 70 stars (or whatever it was)?
Funny enough, since Mike is the judge of course it's up to him to decide. If it were up to me, I'd say a non S-rank run could beat it. (Of course, if someone played crappily and only beat it because of that, the verifiers wouldn't like that.)

AFAIK the only grandfathered things are external scripts. 70 stars exists because the 16 etc are glitches that warrant another category. I know that's probably not what someone said years ago, but it's the case right now.
Quote from TheVoid:
100% for an Enclave run would be getting all gold in all the levels.
100% for Commandos Strike Force is completing all objectives and getting 5 stars in a level (Individual level runs).
100% in GUN would be completing all missions, digging all the gold, winning all Poker matches and buying all upgrades.
100% for Shadow Man is likely getting all 120 Dark Souls, all Cadeaux (For upgrades) and items.

These are the ones I can think of right now.

I want to put something straight about my own post (Since I've read the orange text in the first post now). At first I wasn't really sure how/what/in what way to post in this thread exactly, so I just thought about those 4 games and wrote it down. The first 3 are correct, but the stuff I wrote about Shadow Man isn't "officially approved" hence the "likely" in that line. Though I'm quite positive it's the correct definition, but not "officially approved" Smiley
Don't worry, TheVoid, I trust everything you say. That is mostly to try to weed out people like, well you can guess who I mean.
Enhasa: I don't even know what you're talking about with the pride thing. Why wouldn't rank be a category? I would accept a DMC 3 or 4 SS-rank run, and acquiring fast s-ranks is different from collecting everything quickly.'

About the Zero 2 definition, there is a form you can only use in hard mode. In fact, it's the only form you get in hard mode.

Cremator: Percentage and rank are two different things in the Zero series (and most games really). Don't listen to Enhasa in this case Tongue
Hi! I'm andrewg!
I think eventually I'll do:

Super Mario World low% - no powerups/no yoshi
Mike: You're right, I didn't think that through very carefully since it never came up before. Sad It's a difficulty thing I guess.
Quote from mikwuyma:
Cremator: Percentage and rank are two different things in the Zero series (and most games really). Don't listen to Enhasa in this case Tongue

I still question that category because it is arbitrary. Or would you like to take AAA rank Mega Man X8 runs? Is rank an already established category? I'll repeat: Would a faster non-S-rank run obsolete your S-rank run?

Edit: Oh wait, you answered to that when you were addressing Enhasa, right? So rank is a separate category?
Yeah apparently. I won't blame you because it was news to me too. It doesn't come up very often anyway, but you can think of it as difficulty differences (like normal vs hard).
Added a couple of low% definitions that were really obvious.

Mega Man X2 and X4: No items.

Contra III and Hard Corps (and IV too): no items.
Edit history:
andrewg: 2008-09-16 04:42:19 pm
Hi! I'm andrewg!
A quick change maybe?

Super Mario World - low% = no yoshi, no powerups, and no switch palaces.

I mean, I guess in a low% run, palace switches could be used, but I don't think the run should be accepted if a runner uses them. I'm not really sure if that should be included actually.
0-10
Here's a low% for FF1: 5/6% (I'm not sure if the game rounds up or down, the actual number is 5.5%, and this is going on 14/252...)
There's only 14 items you absolutely have to pick up (Lute, Nitro Powder/TNT, Jolt Tonic/Herb, Mystic Key, Crown, Crystal Eye, Star Ruby/Ruby, Earth Rod, Canoe, Levistone/Floater, Bottled Faerie/Bottle, Oxyale, Bell/Chime, and the Warp Cube/Cube). Obviously, I left out the Rat's Tail and the class change, since those are entirely optional. By Origins count (and it didn't add any), there's 252 treasure chests (the items you pick up via events count towards it, so if you take those away there's 236 treasure chests). Neither the GBA or NES versions keeps track of this, and I'm not sure what the PSP version does.
DS Dictator
100%
Only if Nintendo releases a capture device on this.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass
(Certain)
All 16 hearts, 60 gems, Hurricane Scroll, Golden ship and Ammo upgrades for Arrows, Bombs and Bombchus,

(Unsure) Treasure sea Charts and Fishing quest.
But isn't getting the gold parts like...random? or you have to visit beedle once per day?
http://speeddemosarchive.com/MetroidZeroMission.html

Quote:
10% on Hard is actually less than 9% on Normal (4 vs 5 missiles).

I always thought this was kind of misleading, considering the current run doesn't get two Missile Tanks, but one Missile Tank and one Super Missile Tank, which equals seven Missiles in power. That's fine if you only care about the final percentage and let the game define everything, but you could argue that it isn't really a low% run if you get more than the absolute minimum required to beat the game, and after all, the Super Missile is a new item, whereas a second Missile Tank is only an expansion to an existing (and required) skill. I know Metroid is usually handled differently, and it's possibly related to saving the runner's sanity from the wrath of the Zebetites, but you might want to rephrase the description.