Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Lord_VG:
Kirby Canvas Curse - Low% = No Medals (5.7%)

IIRC an any% run would collect no coins anyway - all coins except one require detours and the remaining one (first coin in first level) is avoided as well to avoid the delay caused by the help message that pops up when collecting it. So there would be no difference between any% and that low% definition.

Maybe a better low% definition would be "no medals and no powerups (unless absolutely required for completing the game)".
Visually Appealing
Considering it's the run I'm about to do, I should put this up here, shouldn't I?

100%
Castlevania Curse of Darkness -- game defined (full map)
Mike pretty much agreed on this 100% definition for Fable: The Lost Chapters:
- complete all documented quests (gold/silver/bronze); collect all silver keys; open all silver key chests; open all demon doors; collect all legendary weapons; max out character skills/attributes; and obtain all trophies
This one seems kind of obvious, but for the record;

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 100%  -  Maximum number of quests completed (199)

Note that this does include buying the houses, since those are quests, but does not include things like skill maxing since that would take 15+ hours by itself and wouldn't be any fun anyway.
Pokemon XD:  Gale of Darkness:  All Shadow Pokemon caught.  Smiley

-James
Thanks James, I was gonna post that here, since I'm attempting the 100% run of XD.

That includes Dragonite, too! For the 100%, that is.

EDIT: Oh, and the low% of Pokemon XD: Go through the entire game with Eevee and Teddiursa \o/

/joke.
Edit history:
Nightmare: 2010-06-06 06:41:14 pm
Quote from Yamasaur:
Thanks James, I was gonna post that here, since I'm attempting the 100% run of XD.

That includes Dragonite, too! For the 100%, that is.

EDIT: Oh, and the low% of Pokemon XD: Go through the entire game with Eevee and Teddiursa \o/

/joke.

Yes, that includes Dragonite, which technically means the 100 percent run is not single-segmentable.

And yes, low% == Eevee and Teddiursa, no Shadow Buffers.

-James
destroy them with lazers
what's the donkey 64 low% now. something like 1%?
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I gave this topic to Flip714 because it's no secret I've been doing a terrible job of maintenance.

If Flip does a job half as good as he does on the trading board, I would say the topic is in good hands.
Quote from X:
what's the donkey 64 low% now. something like 1%?

DK64 low% is now 1%, and very close to 0%.
I've been meaning to ask, there are two routes for low% in DK64. One gets more %, one gets less. But are still counted as 1% due to a difference of only 1 item. How would the ruling go for this? Stick with the in-game percentage counter? The reason I'm asking is because the faster route is nearly identical to the any% route, and the slower route uses a different route with different tricks.
1-Up!
I don't understand how one route gets more % and a different one gets less, but they're both 1%.

Sounds to me like the route that completes the game with the lowest game defined % would the the 'low percent route.'

EDIT: Oh, so you're saying that the two routes produce 1.xx% and 1.yy% with both being shown as simply 1% on the select screen?  If that's the case then it's too hard for me to say and you'll need to defer to Mike and get back to me later.
1-Up!
To my knowledge, this thread is now up-to-date.

Going on vacation for a week, so no updates till late June.  Not that I'm too concerned, because the topic doesn't see a whole lot of action.
Ape Escape: low%: no medals, defeat Specter at Monkey Park (or Peak Point Matirx, unsure as to which it should be) (same as any%)
100%: could be taken as defeat Specter at Peak Point Matrix or 100% as registered by game(all monkeys, specter coins and gold medals).
1-Up!
Quote from I have no name:
Ape Escape: low%: no medals, defeat Specter at Monkey Park (or Peak Point Matirx, unsure as to which it should be) (same as any%)
100%: could be taken as defeat Specter at Peak Point Matrix or 100% as registered by game(all monkeys, specter coins and gold medals).

I can't really add this to the list unless you have a clear definition.  Maybe discuss it in your Ape Escape thread and come to a consensus, then post here again with the new plan.
Sonical!
I assume that when a game defines clearly what the player has to do to get 100% completion, SDA uses said definition for its 100% runs. If my assumption is correct, 100% runs of Sega Saturn's Spot Goes to Hollywood should be runs where the player collects all the Hollywood Stars. You can collect Hollywood Stars in each stage. If you finish the game and haven't collected them all, the game displays this message: "THE END. BUT NOT QUITE 100%". There is only a way to not get that message: You have to collect all the Hollywood Stars.
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Zeupar:
I assume that when a game defines clearly what the player has to do to get 100% completion, SDA uses said definition for its 100% runs. If my assumption is correct, 100% runs of Sega Saturn's Spot Goes to Hollywood should be runs where the player collects all the Hollywood Stars. You can collect Hollywood Stars in each stage. If you finish the game and haven't collected them all, the game displays this message: "THE END. BUT NOT QUITE 100%". There is only a way to not get that message: You have to collect all the Hollywood Stars.

When the game defines 100%, SDA will normally go with that definition.
Just a boy and his digimon
For the original Digimon World, the game focuses on getting "prosperity points". You have to recruit digimon to come to your city. The game keeps score for you and recruiting every recruitable digimon gives you 100 "prosperity points".
However, there are "medals" that can be collected, but these are all extremely tedious. One requires catching 100 fish and another requires living for a full in-game year (300 days).  There are other medals for max stats (999) and having raised every single possible digimon (61), max money (999,999) and getting all moves (56). There are also cards of every digimon to be collected and multiple ranks (D, C, B, A, S) of "Arena" tournaments you can enter and win. Cards are gotten out of a vending machine entirely by chance and the tournament is annoying as hell to beat. You have to wait for different days of the week for it and it is just annoying and doesn't actually give you anything. So, is it safe to consider 100 prosperity points as 100%?
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Jukebox_Hero:
For the original Digimon World, the game focuses on getting "prosperity points". You have to recruit digimon to come to your city. The game keeps score for you and recruiting every recruitable digimon gives you 100 "prosperity points".
However, there are "medals" that can be collected, but these are all extremely tedious. One requires catching 100 fish and another requires living for a full in-game year (300 days).  There are other medals for max stats (999) and having raised every single possible digimon (61), max money (999,999) and getting all moves (56). There are also cards of every digimon to be collected and multiple ranks (D, C, B, A, S) of "Arena" tournaments you can enter and win. Cards are gotten out of a vending machine entirely by chance and the tournament is annoying as hell to beat. You have to wait for different days of the week for it and it is just annoying and doesn't actually give you anything. So, is it safe to consider 100 prosperity points as 100%?

This is better discussed inside the game thread where people familiar with the game are more likely to weigh in on the category. Once a decision/consensus is made, then come back to this thread to state the requirements so they can be added.
1-Up!
Quote from ZenicReverie:
This is better discussed inside the game thread where people familiar with the game are more likely to weigh in on the category. Once a decision/consensus is made, then come back to this thread to state the requirements so they can be added.

100% exactly this.  Thanks, Zenic.
spread the dirt to the populace
Classic Castlevania (1, 3, 4, Bloodlines, Chronicles, all original Gameboy titles) low%:

No weapon powerups, no subweapons, no instant-kill or invulnerability items, no health items, no partner characters (CV3 only)

Hearts are left out, but I don't think it's a big deal since you'll never get a chance to use them.  You would actually want to avoid them since it takes time to count them down at the end of the level.

I'm also unsure about path requirement for CV3.  Probably just fastest route, huh?  I do think a run on the longest possible path would be far more impressive, but I don't think that would easily fit into SDA.
so classic CV low% would pretty much be only basic whip? jeez that would be hellish for 1 & 3 to run
in the paper mario low percent would we be able to get the speedy spin badge because it helps you move twice as fast
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Having played the game, I'd say no, but it's better discussed in the appropriate thread.

We seem to have a consensus on the 100% requirements for Ratchet and Clank 3: All trophies except for Nano Finder and Omega Arsenal.
What about the Paper Mario TTYD low% No Badges (because you can sell your power smash) and rank zero partners?
Quote from HalfMillennium:
but it's better discussed in the appropriate thread.

BUT IT'S BETTER DISCUSSED IN THE APPROPRIATE THREAD.