page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
welcome to the machine
Quote from mikwuyma:
The latter definition not only sounds more reasonable, it's in line with previous Metroid games.

I guess it's a good thing Prime Hunters isn't a Metroid game!
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from VorpalEdge:
Quote from mikwuyma:
The latter definition not only sounds more reasonable, it's in line with previous Metroid games.

Ouch.  The game doesn't suck THAT badly.
Quote from VorpalEdge:
Quote from mikwuyma:

Uncalled for. D:

I'll probably start working on this run next week. If it ended up being the "not picking up anything" definition I probably wouldn't be doing it at all, though.  Tongue
DS Dictator
I think the "not picking up any items at all" low%  seems impossible. When it comes to the bosses later versions (the big eye specially) you wouldn't have enough Universal Ammo do defeat it with 30/40 shots.

Since the 100% run was all of the expansions collected (not counting pickups and scans) then the low% should be a run with none of the expansions collected.
Quote from Greenalink:
I think the "not picking up any items at all" low%  seems impossible. When it comes to the bosses later versions (the big eye specially) you wouldn't have enough Universal Ammo do defeat it with 30/40 shots.

Since the 100% run was all of the expansions collected (not counting pickups and scans) then the low% should be a run with none of the expansions collected.

I did it (well, not recording, but I did it off camera) and it took a LONG time. Power Beam is the substitute for ammo in MANY cases. It's possible, but it takes a LONG time and a LOT of patience. Doing that while recording would take five times as many attempts and ten times as many hours of working to finish. It'd be interesting to watch, sure, but as people have stated it's just unnecessary. Cheesy
Let the music play!
I'll need help defining the end point for Pokemon Colosseum speedruns.

The main reason I didnt do a full 100% run is that there is simply too much to do. It would likely include all the Colosseums, snagging and purifying all 48 Pokemon, and completing Mt Battle at least once, and possibly doing the Ho-oh side-quest. So, I went for an all-snags run instead since that was perhaps the most entertaining trade-off from a full 100% definition instead. Purifying takes far too long to make it worth the effort to do for a speedrun, it is either spending lots of cash on using Colognes or running around for the shadow bar to drop, neither of which will be particularly entertaining to watch (or even do).

For an any%, the end point is simple - once Evice is beaten. For 100% runs and all-snags runs it is a little more complex. Would the end point come once the last Pokemon is snagged, or would I have to go back and beat Evice again (even though that isnt really required a second time). Going back to beat Evice again would add another 20 minutes or so to the run, however.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Sonic Adventure Battle 2 and Twilight Princess updated to accomodate new definitions.
(user is banned)
Quote from Greenalink:
Low%

* Zelda A Link to the Past ... Only Master Sword with no Mail upgrades nor Shield upgrades. Dungeon hearts can't be avoided. No Blue cane, Magic Cape (and anything else I've missed).

The only differences possible from low% and the current any% run is:

-not taking the heart in the church
-not taking the boomerang
-not getting the golden sword (you need the red sword)
-not getting the silver arrow

the 2 first does not affect anything really, maybe a couple of seconds, while the 2 others affects the very end (death mountain would take 2 more minutes or so, ganon would take a minute longer). This is why I don't think it's worth making such a run.
Edit history:
Absolute Zero: 2009-07-10 09:36:52 am
its cold in here.
Quote from mikwuyma:
About the Zero 2 definition, there is a form you can only use in hard mode. In fact, it's the only form you get in hard mode.

wrong-o Mikey. you can use the proto-form in New Game+ too. it's unlocked by pwning Elpizo in the final level. so any run of MMZ2 includes proto-form, because its unavoidable. in fact, zero 2 is the only game where the hard mode form can be used outside of hard mode. Also, would SDA accept a zero 3 ultimate mode run? lol just asking cause that  mode is pretty frickin awesome.

and now a 100% definition that we need on here
Loz: Minish Cap 100%
-All items
-3 bomb bag upgrades
-3 wallet upgrades
-3 quiver upgrades
-4 bottles
-boomerang and magic boomerang
-remote bombs
-light arrows
-130 figurines (all that is necessary to get the final piece of heart, to get the other 6 you hafta beat the game i believe, though debatable because collecting figurines sucks major ass, but to get the mirror shield you also have to beat the game)
-All the red and blue kinstone fusions. (green are random and don't do anything really, except for the tingle ones, which would be necessary in a 100%, i suppose it's debatable that you could just do the kinstone fusions that are required for pieces of heart, bottles and upgrades)
-All Heart Pieces
-All eight tiger scrolls, plus the quicker spin attack, quicker split gauge, and extended great spin
-All 3 joy butterflies

i think that's about it but i could have missed something.
DS Dictator
Quote:
3 bomb bag upgrades

*The European version only has 2 Bomb upgrades (they only go up to 50, not 99).

*There is one less tornado in the Lon Lon Ranch section of the game.

*Finally there were some bugs with the kinstone side quest that prevents you from getting 100%.. not speed running useful though (the bugs were apparently fixed in the US version).
dem tokay
Quote from Absolute Zero:
Loz: Minish Cap 100%
-All the red and blue kinstone fusions. (green are random and don't do anything really, except for the tingle ones, which would be necessary in a 100%, i suppose it's debatable that you could just do the kinstone fusions that are required for pieces of heart, bottles and upgrades)

If I'm not mistaken, we get the Tingle Trophy/Statue for completing all of the kinstone fusions.  I'm not 100% sure if it shows up in the status screen, but if it does, it makes sense that it could be required, which would require completion of all 100 fusions.
its cold in here.
the tingle trophy replaces the kinstone bag on the status screen.
Edit history:
Mr. Piggy: 2009-09-03 08:44:44 pm
In the infinite
Quote from Tigger77:
What's the definition for Zelda Links Awaking DX 100% run?

My Suggsesion is:

-all upgrades
-all Heartpieces
-all Lv2 equiptmend
-all barter transaction done and get the boomerang
-do the color dungen to get the red or blue suit

THIS doe's not include the Photos because I think the Photos dont count because they dont increes any ability

But whats the officel definition?

Unless I read something wrong in the thread I'm pretty sure no-one answered his question...So what's the official definition?

And on another note, what would be the 100% definition for Zelda: The Oracles of Ages?

EDIT:    | 
            |
            |    Oops, very sorry.  :-[
            |
          \/
Quote from Mr. Piggy:
Unless I read something wrong

Yup

Quote from mikwuyma:
[color=orange]Note if you want to contribute to this thread: It's not meant to be used as a place to discuss what you want a 100% definition to be. That can go in game-specific threads. The idea is to compile existing definitions into one place. So please don't stump for anything. Look at other games and try to go with established conventions. If I find out later you were making stuff up, I'm naturally not going to trust you in the future.
PAL 50Hz KILL ME NOW
lol, I messed up the numbers in MMZero 2's 100% definition, there are 81 cyberelves in Z2.
There are 78 cyberelves in MMZero 1, but the last, the "rare" elf jackson requires very VERY VERY arbitrary conditions such as maxxing the Cyberelves, feeding them Energy Crystals...

I checked and was shocked to find out that for that requirement you need over THREE times Zero's max EC carry capacity in Energy Crystals, that's right more than 29.997 EC, it takes roughly 4 to 5 hours to gather that much EC, and needless to say it would be so boring, you would die watching it, several times.

That I've done this 4 times to unlock Ultimate mode on different catridges means I'm actually very dead inside. Where I'm going with this? "all cyberelves" to "77 Cyberelves" or "except Jackson".
Yes, Inexistence is a word.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on PC (PC is VASTLY different to the console versions, so it can't be applied to the other games)

All wizard cards, all secrets on every map, All duels completed, All quidditch matches completed, Quidditch armour and Nimbus 2001.
The spell challenge stars aren't required.

I think that's all that is needed for the run to be counted as 100%.
more keys then pablo escobar
are the resident evil 4 100% requirements listed in this thread final? official?
Fucking Weeaboo
If they're in the first two posts by Mike, they're official.  Anything else is not.
more keys then pablo escobar
thank you...
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Okay topic updated with MMZ and Harry Potter stuff. Sorry for taking so long.
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2009-10-12 05:34:15 pm
Fucking Weeaboo
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES/VC): By all technicalities, to get 100% you have to complete the three stupid minigames - the challenges of the 3rd stages in each level, jump game, and boss rush (M, J, and B).  Beating the "true" ending only nets you 97%.  I don't think the game definition should be used in this case, but 100% should be classified as "true ending", achieved by getting the heart pieces in each level, beating all the bosses properly, then beating Level 6.

Low% is straight forward - collect NO hearts in any stages.  The percentage is 45%.  And since the fastest any% is low percent, there should be no any% category.
Quote from mikwuyma:
Devil May Cry: all skills, purple orbs, blue orbs fragments, secret missions, s-ranks or special bonuses (note: I have no idea what to cut out if anything)

The existing 100% run doesn't have all special bonuses.

All skills, purple/blue orbs and secret missions, yes, definitely. All S-ranks is fulfilled by the current run, but I can't say one way or the other about whether it'd be a 100% requirement.

But yeah, take out the SB requirement.
Fucking Weeaboo
Kirby Canvas Curse - Low% = No Medals (5.7%)
PAL 50Hz KILL ME NOW
Megaman Xtreme - 100%/Xtreme - all 8 LifeUps, all 9 capsules, all 4 Subtanks
Megaman Xtreme 2 - 100%/Xtreme - see above -2 Subtanks
Parts that can be bought from Iris are excluded because of arbitrary reasons.
(You would have to grind DNA souls to unlock parts, then buy everything >.>)

Megaman Xtreme 2 - Low%/X - Only Foot Parts
Megaman Xtreme 2 - 100%/X - 4 LifeUps, 5 capsules, 1 Subtank
Megaman Xtreme 2 - 100%/Zero - 4 LifeUps, 4 capsules, 1 subtank

I'm playing too much X2 Soul Eraser these days.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
rewrite zamn's requirement because i can save 10 more than listed by using a password, and was denied the 100% categ due to that