Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 13 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
i am going to be doing a 100% run for PoP TTT for the Wii, and i think the 100% definition needs to be changed to say ... get all life upgrades and close all sand gates.

The reason i am adding the "close all sand gates" is because in order to get the last sand power in the game, you need to have closed ALL 9 gates in the game.  I believe getting all the sand powers are needed for a 100% run so that means you will have to close all the gates (which will give you sand tanks and sand powers throughout the game).

The reason i bring this up is because certain sand gates give you sand credits which are not needed for a 100% run.  So, i was going to skip those gates and only get the ones that give you tanks and powers.  However, in order to get the last sand power (which is obtained on the last gate in the game), you need to have closed all the previous gates.

Just wanted to clearify before i start my run.  Thanks!!
My feelings on The Demon Rush
That makes sense UCpro, I'll change the definition to all life upgrades and close all sand gates.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2008-12-24 01:20:35 pm
Add my RE1 run as well. Duly note Original Mode though. <_<

Done, not sure why I put arrange mode there in the first place.
DS Dictator
For an 100% run on Zelda: The Minish Cap would be interesting (Kinstones and Figurines being involved but they are needed for valuable heart pieces and upgrades) but there is one thing to point out.

There is actually an interesting addition that doesn't exist in the Euro version.

Since the N64 OoT 100% game required Ammo upgrades (Bombs, Arrows, Deku Nuts, Sticks and Seeds)
The Euro Minish Cap only has 2 bomb bag upgrades (Up to 50 bombs) whilst the US has 3 bomb bag upgrades (Up to 99 bombs).
The extra bomb bag upgrade is in the shop.
Another note is that Euro version came out BEFORE the US version. Technically making the Euro version 1.0 and the US 1.1

This is like Metroid Zero Mission where the 9% Hard mode is only possible on the Euro version because the missle blocks in the mothership doesn't come back after being destroyed (Whilst the Jap/US versions does the opposite) .
Hey Mike, I finished my suggestion for a 100% definition for Resident Evil 4. In my opinion it is a proper list of requirements which are within the bounds of possibility and the reasons and arguments I added are supposed to justify the requirements. Do you agree with it?
(Doing such a list is kind of freaky, but I wanted to have it in a decent form. ;))
For Gothic I think all quests (meaning they're actually listed as completed in the quest log at the end of the game) sort of mutually exclusive and unfinishable ones are fine as 100%.
All Gothic quests are listed there: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=70455
All Gothic 2 quests there: http://mondgesaenge.de/G2DB/navi_eng.htm?data=data_quest_eng.js
For Night of the Raven quests I couldn't find a complete English one: http://mondgesaenge.de/G2ADB/navi.htm?data=data_quest.js
<3
The Definition for 100% is for Super Mario World different than for Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World.

For SMA2 you have to collect each Dragon Coin so it should be in a different categorie ;0
Edit history:
Chimpas: 2009-04-27 10:43:17 am
Life is a glitch, then you die...
Twilight Princess 100%: All hearts (heart pieces, heart containers), all upgrades, item screen complete (all items), collection screen complete (swords, clothes, shields), all poe souls, wallet, quiver, golden bugs, all letters, fish journal complete, cave of ordeals, last scent.

There are some questions about compleeting the letters and fish journal since we have not the "you completed the fish journal" text or something... but no fish journal-> no colection screen  Tongue

I still confused with the any% because as skip a significant part of the game it could be considered as a low% right??
everybody wanna tell you the meaning of music
1) I am so glad I'm not maintaining this anymore
2) I am only shooting myself in the foot later for not doing it though, doh
Everybody loves Hypnotoad!
Sonic Adventure 2 100% was brought up in the request topic...so how's this for a definition

-180 Emblems
-All upgrades
-All background themes
-Hero and Dark chao gardens unlocked
-Green Hill Zone completed

The themes are very expensive, but it shouldn't be a problem, as you can use the duplication glitch to get lots of rings very quickly.

Note that 180 emblems is technically implicit in both having all background themes and completing GHZ, but it's still good to include it for clarity.

The only question is how such a run would be timed.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote:
Castlevania Rondo of Blood: game-defined (100%) -- PSP version goes by PCE version % rules

There's one thing I was thinking of just now about the PSP version's 100% definition for SDA.

The PCE version's 100% definition is to clear all the stages, defeat all the bosses, and rescue all the maidens.  However, the PSP version now brings to us an interesting twist.

If one were to go through Stage 7 while not having rescued Annette, you battle L.Demon instead of Shaft's Ghost, then go on to Stage 8.  Then if you go around though the rest of the levels, save all the maidens, then go beat Dracula, you truly haven't finished 100%, since you didn't fight Shaft's Ghost.  (Though I can't remember if you have to beat True Dracula or Shaft's Ghost to unlock Stage 5'.)

However, if you rescue the maidens before completing Stage 7, you fight Shaft's Ghost there and L.Demon moves to Stage 5'.  However, Hydra is there too and you can only fight one of them.

So by the PCE definition of 100%, you'd have to go through Stage 5' or Stage 7 twice.

So, would one have to do this, or can L.Demon be worked around?
Visually Appealing
hmm. good eye catching that. i would think you still have to fight all the bosses, including Annette.

Dracula is the trigger for 5', by the way. at least, i'm pretty sure he is.

Petrie: i disagree with going for all 180 Emblems. the Chao stuff alone would take forever. and going through all the boss rushes and kart races would be lame, too. all missions and all A ranks should be fine.
Everybody loves Hypnotoad!
Quote from Satoryu:
Petrie: i disagree with going for all 180 Emblems. the Chao stuff alone would take forever. and going through all the boss rushes and kart races would be lame, too. all missions and all A ranks should be fine.

Nothing wrong with a good Kart Race or Boss Rush in 100%, really.  The Chao races/karate admittedly would take a long time, though you can quickly get a chao's stats up through the animal reusing glitch.  Still, not getting 180 emblems, and thus not unlocking GHZ, seems wrong.  I mean, you don't even have all the stages played.  How could that possibly be 100%?

If anything is going to be cut for time, it's unlocking the Hero/Dark Gardens.  That requires evolving your chao, which takes ~3 hours IIRC.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Satoryu:
hmm. good eye catching that. i would think you still have to fight all the bosses, including Annette.

Dracula is the trigger for 5', by the way. at least, i'm pretty sure he is.

I pulled out my copy today and played through Stage 7, beating Shaft's Ghost, then went and fought Carmilla/Laura, which took me to Stage 5'.  I thought it was, since it's Shaft that appears and disturbs the orb, but I wanted to make sure.
Visually Appealing
oh, my mistake. i guess i was still thinking of RoB.
Edit history:
Zeke: 2009-05-20 12:32:53 am
Sata andagi!
I'm surprised this hasn't been asked yet, but searching hasn't turned anything up.  What precisely is the 100% definition for the first two Metroid games?  Unlike the sequels, these two have beams that can be picked up in more than one place.  (There are two ice beams in 1, and two of each beam plus a third ice beam in 2.)  What's more, the beams don't coexist; collecting one overwrites another.  So you can never actually possess all the items, you can only have possessed them.

It would be good to get this spelled out, especially since there currently seem to be two different definitions at work.  carlmmii's 100% Metroid II run picks up each beam once and that's the end of it.  But Dragondarch's 100% run of the NES game picks up ice beam in both locations, and I'm almost sure it costs time.  The first ice beam is only needed to get varia, but that side trip could just as well be taken after leaving Norfair with the second ice beam, and it would be shorter that way.  So I can only think he considered both beam pickups necessary.
Fucking Weeaboo
I would expect it's probably like the definition at TASVideos:

Quote:
That being said, Metroid II doesn't keep track of the collected items' percentage. Moreover, the game has two excessive Energy tanks and an additional copy of each beam. It's been agreed that the author should take all the E-tanks, and at least one copy of each beam. However, due to the apparent linearity of this game, collecting so many additional items doesn't make the movie dramatically slower.
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from Lord_VG:
I would expect it's probably like the definition at TASVideos:

Quote:
The game has two excessive Energy tanks.

I thought it was one.  Gonna double-check from the forbidden one's map.

Edit: Yeah, it's one.  Six in-game and your stats only show five.
Sata andagi!
There's a significant difference between beams and tanks in these games, though: tanks are gone when you collect them.  If that were true of beams, then getting beams in all locations would be an easy call.  We could declare 100% to mean leaving the planet empty of items.  Since beams regenerate instead, getting each beam once seems sensible -- so does that apply to M1 as well, or not?
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from Zeke:
Since beams regenerate instead, getting each beam once seems sensible

The beams don't regenerate, each beam is in the game twice (except for ice, that's a third).
Edit history:
Zeke: 2009-05-23 08:58:32 pm
Sata andagi!
Nope, they regenerate all right -- they just wait till you leave the room.  You can collect one beam all day if you want to.  Give it a try.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, they have to regenerate for one simple reason: the final batch of Metroids.  They have to be killed and you need the ice beam to do it.  If beams didn't regenerate, you could collect all three ice beams and then some other beam, and the game would become unwinnable.
I'm requesting the definition of a low% run for Metroid Prime Hunters. Since anything you pick up adds to your logbook (such as health/UA/missiles), not just the permanent expansions, a technical low% would require going through the entire game without ever regaining health, universal ammo, or missile ammo. I did a test run and a run without gaining any of that ends up at 14% (and it took about 2:30:XX). A run with being able to get health and ammo along the way would be 15%.

The latter sounds more reasonable but I just want to be sure before starting my run.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
The latter definition not only sounds more reasonable, it's in line with previous Metroid games.
Back in the game!
Quote from mikwuyma:
The latter definition not only sounds more reasonable, it's in line with previous Metroid games.

But doesn't it technically go against low% rules?  The former would be damn impressive besides.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote:
But doesn't it technically go against low% rules?  The former would be damn impressive besides.

You ever beat a Metroid game without picking up anything?  Hell, in most of the 2D games it's impossible NOT to pick anything up.