--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Lost Lands: Dark Overlord () (pc) [Any %] [Segmented] [Hard]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Michael 'arglefumph' Gray!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Lost Lands: Dark Overlord () (pc) [Any %] [Segmented] [Hard]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/lostlandsdarkoverlord-20210429/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also send a pm with your reply to 'sdaverification' (please state clearly in that case which run you have verified). This is not a contest where the majority wins - Each verification will be judged on its content.
Edit history:
Worn_Traveler: 2021-05-18 06:57:11 am
Formerly known as Skullboy
The stat-ID for segment 23 says Segment 19

A/V is good. No cheating detected.

I've been playing through this one. I don't know if it's possible to rebind the keys per LotBlind's suggestion (see a few posts below) as the game menu doesn't give you that option (I'm playing on Steam). The runner knows which puzzles the game will let you solve immediately and which ones require instructions so that saves a lot of clicking and time. I like the use of the map to shorten puzzle completion cutscenes.

Anyways, this is good and quick. Accept.
Segment 20 should be up now!
A/V: No issues.
Can't see obvious signs of cheating... other than is knowing all the solutions ahead of time cheating?

I'm glad to see you're following all the basic principles of smart adventure game running, and I think a sufficient number of segments has been used here not to get in way of accepting. And yeah, some of those puzzles look devilish. Also I can see a lot of testing would have to have went into figuring out how best to skip stuff and how long it saves in each case, and the inventory stuff.

In segment 6, you say you can't always use the dagger on two things at once. Does the game allow rebinding keys, like the "use" key? If so, did you try a free-scrolling mouse wheel?

I like the part where you light a bundle of dynamite and scamper out like a good sapper.

I think this is a clear-cut
ACCEPT
Decision posted.
I don't know if the game allows rebinding keys. There's nothing like that in the options menu. The game is controlled by a mouse alone, so they probably didn't think of allowing other control methods.
Just a quick question to those who played the game: I'm seeing that there's some kind of energy system where you can't make too much progress in one day unless you pay for it. Was this run on a paid-for version of the game that doesn't have it, or is it a matter of having finished it once before? Or is that just something the runner has to wait for in-between recording segments?
Formerly known as Skullboy
I bought the game on Steam prior to verifying and played through it in less than a day. I didn't come across any energy locks or other monetary transaction requirements. I'm pretty sure that this run is on the paid version but I could be wrong.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2021-07-17 10:56:56 am
I think I mistakenly read the reviews for a different Lost Lands game which does work the way I described.

Can anyone say if this is the Collector's Edition? I think it must be because I can't really even easily find the original version. Is it different from whatever edition came first in gameplay or such?
I did this run, with the standard edition of the game. I got it from Big Fish Games. There's a collector's edition with extra gameplay, but I decided against speedrunning that version, because it takes longer to play. I haven't purchased the Steam version of the game, but based on the achievements, I'm guessing that's the collector's edition version. There's an achievement that specifically mentions the bonus chapter.
Okay, that's very good to know! We'll definitely track them separately then.