--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
moooh: 2012-12-09 02:59:47 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

LittleBigPlanet (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Estimated time (from when sackboy spawn in intro level to when final scoreboard is hit): 1:12:14

Quality looks good, no cheating detected. Which is good news, because I can tell a lot of work went into this and I'd hate to reject based on that.

A lot of the runner's mistakes and possible improvements were listed in the notes, but there are still some things I'd like to point out.

The Gardens
Fairly nice job at the beginning here. However, in the third level, I know the shoe death didn't directly waste any time, but it was close, which made me think that the runner might have been able to save a lot of time if they had gone just a bit faster at the beginning of the level and made it through.

The Savannah
That death on the spikey monster made me sad Sad Oh well. The rest of this region was good. The out of bounds route in the meerkat level was executed very quickly, that can be hard to get right.

The Wedding
This region was very good. I'm impressed with the skulldozer route. Running in a straight line?? GENIUS!

The Canyons
In the first level at the end, death abuse might have been a good idea, to a) make sure the bombs didn't miss the wall and b) get back to the spawning bombs quickly. Also the shortcut straight through the zig-zaggy part downward on the snake level was executed kind of sloppily, but enough time was saved for it to not make a big deal.

The Metropolis
There were some shortcuts that could have been used with well timed jumps on the cars, but physics are unpredictable in this game so perfect execution of these shortcuts was unlikely. The rest of this region was great.

The Islands
There's a really cool route that could have been used on this level that would have been really impressive if the runner had pulled it off, but that route is unrealistic in a single segment, and not dying was just as impressive. The second level was also as impressive, although there was a death, but those wheels are not easy to get through. Last level was good too.

The Temples
Awesome. The first level was great, and the second was better. I was extremely impressed with the second level in this, because the runner made some really great jumps. I wish I could say the same for the third, lots of mistakes in that one :/

The Wilderness
Mostly good, especially the first two. Deaths in the second to last level kind of sucked. However the boss fight went decently as well.

Overall, there were a lot of mistakes and missed moments to save time. But in a game like this, where some actions require even more precision than just being pixel perfect, time savers are extremely difficult to pull off, and mistakes are nearly impossible to avoid. The skips and tricky jumps the runner used definitely outweighed the screw ups, and they ended up with a very impressive single-segment run.

Decision: Accept. Great job Cheesy

Quote:
The run leaves an impression that it is well executed. It used clever routes and tricks to save time. It can probably be impoved by having less unintentional deaths. Though the untight controls and random physics will always introduce some possibility to die.
It was a fast single segment run and enjoyable to watch. I would definitely accept it.

Quote:
pretty much a repeat of the other verifications. shame about the deaths but I can appreciate the difficulty in pulling off a clean run due to how easy it is to die.

is the runner thinking of doing a major skips run next?

decision: pass. this made my sackboy and littlebig penis happy

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Brian 'Brossentia' Cook!
Thread title:  
Exoray
redacted a response name left in

Good to see the sack getting onto the site!
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
Little big Planet, coming soon to Speed Demos Archive. 

All we need know is that announcer guy to do that voice over in his unique way and we are in business.  Congrats Brossentia.  Now the question is, will you be tackling LBP2 next?
1-Up!
Thanks moooh!
Edit history:
Brossentia: 2012-12-09 03:45:20 pm
No pain, no gain
Woo! This makes me happy! Smiley

Just like the verifiers, I would love to see a run of this game without deaths (unintentional, that is).  I've been playing this for quite a while now, and the physics just murder you if they want you dead.  Now that I think back on it, the shoe death possibly could have been avoided if I jumped -- the movement of the shoe can boost you to safety, but I've only had that happen once.

The later deaths really were painful.  I've never been that nervous for any run before, and with two awesome levels in India, I psyched myself out for the third, causing a little lost time.  With that said, I'm thrilled to get sack boy on the site!  Plus, if others wanted, I could always use a little competition.

I might try the major skips thing sometime.  It'd be fairly easy to do a run of that, and it shows how broken the game can be Smiley
destroy them with lazers
Congrats on the run. I think a large skips run would be a nice little bonus for the game page.
Formerly known as Skullboy
LBP was one of my favorite runs to watch last SGDQ. I am looking forward to seeing this one.
No pain, no gain
Quote from Skullboy:
LBP was one of my favorite runs to watch last SGDQ. I am looking forward to seeing this one.

Oh, I promise you -- this'll be better than the run at SGDQ. No gameover at Boom Town. Promise.
Quote from Brossentia:
the physics just murder you if they want you dead. 

F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics. F this game's physics.

Congrats on your acceptance good friend!
Claimh Happy
Nice job on the run, Brossentia!
No pain, no gain
Thanks, Mapler! And, uh, I guess thanks, da balls.
Balls jerky
you're welcome Smiley