--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2013-06-06 10:48:34 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/LittleNemo.html

Little Nemo: The Dream Master (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
I watched the HQ mp4. AV quality was good the whole way through.

Timing this very lazily I get ~0:25:34, a very good improvement over the current run on the site.

Concerning the route, I'm only really confused about the fourth key in Level 5. The TAS collects this key first with the frog and claims it saves over 2 seconds compared to collecting it with the bee.

As far as execution goes, it's pretty solid--about on par with the currently published run with a few new tricks. You can tell the runner is much more knowledgeable. There are lots of little mistakes throughout, though. Can't take off too many points for the missed text skips, since they're so hard. However, the moment of hesitation at 21:54 in the video and the damage taken at 23:44 especially stand out as sloppy (or nervous). Though it comes down largely to luck, the penguin boss fight could have gone better. The other two bosses look much better in comparison (the final boss is crushed in comparison to the currently published run, for example).

Overall, I'd give it an Accept. There's still good room for improvement, though, should anyone feel like coming after this time.

Quote:
A/V good, no cheating detected. A very solid run, despite some little mistakes here and there. Even with the missed text skips, I can't find much fault in this run. The execution is very solid. I'd time this at 25:34 as well. Accept, I say!

Quote:
What was said above. Really not much to add.

Accept.

Quote:
Finally got time to watch it!

And I pretty much agree with previous posts. There were some minor hickups but overall, very neat! I can see 25:15~ happen very soon since I know the runner isnt done with this game!

Accept!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Jonathan 'Joka' Karlsson!
Thread title:  
Speedrunner
<3
Edit history:
Joka: 2013-06-06 10:50:10 am
Personal text
Thanks guys! Smiley

I agree, there's a lot of small hickups here and there and I will probably try to improve it in the future. The penguin boss luck I got in the run was slightly better than average, but it's still at least 10 seconds slower than optimal.
Question: If I submit a run on the japanese version, would that replace this one or would it be a separate category?

Oh, and regarding the fourth key in Nemo's House: yeah I read the TAS notes, but when I tried it (and I did try it a lot) and timed it, getting it with the bee was always 0-1 seconds faster. This is mostly due to not being able to do perfect jumps with the frog and having to wait for/kill the bats.

Edit: To explain 21:54; the fire is random and I really don't want to take damage there since it will mess up the spawns of the falling head -things, so I pretty much have to wait for it :/
Not a walrus
Depends how different the Japanese version is. If it's got differences other than, say, text speed, then maybe. Otherwise it'll be the same category with the time differences accounted for when comparing them.
Personal text
It's just text speed (what I've noticed so far).
But since you can skip certain conversations, it gets kinda tricky. Getting the conversation skip in stage 4 would save 9 seconds on the english version, but only like 5-6 on the japanese, for instance.
Not a walrus
As long as the times are known then it can be accounted for. Sounds like they're pretty fixed.

Any particular reason you'd want to run the J version instead of U? You've made me curious.
Personal text
There's a big cutscene after stage 7 that's at least 50 seconds faster in the japanese version Tongue Also add in all the text between the stages and there's probably a 1:20-1:30 difference in total.

That's the only reason.
Not a walrus
Yeah, sounds reasonable, so long as you remember that that'll be factored out of any comparisons (not the time, just deciding obsoletion).
Personal text
Ok, sounds fair enough.
Speedrunner
U on ESA? :3
Personal text
Yes, need to read the text at ESA! Tongue
Is PJ
Jokaaaaaaaa!

Congrats.  ^_^  Looking forward to more Nemo.
Edit history:
Joka: 2013-06-06 11:34:25 pm
Personal text
Thanks! I'm gonna sit down and time all text in the near future. So I know what time I have to beat ^_^
Waiting hurts my soul...
Fond memories of this game. I enjoyed the previous run too. I'll just leave this here: http://speeddemosarchive.com/LittleNemo.html
1-Up!
guhhhhhh
Waiting hurts my soul...
Wink