Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Reason: As for whether or not this requires a Lewd & Lascivious Content Warning, I'll leave that to the other staff.

Congratulations to Andrew 'Bigmanjapan' Bondarenko!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/larry7/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Nov. 20, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
The Great Farming Empire
Wow umm. This is certainly one of the most entertaining runs out there..haha.

A/V Quality - Good
No Cheating here.

The only part that I am a bit suspicious on is the strip poker game. Is that all predetermined or is there RNG. The movement there seemed somewhat unsure. Other than that, Looks good.

Accept
Edit history:
Bigmanjapan: 2014-11-06 11:01:55 am
In Liar's Dice you can manipulate AI behavior with bullseye combinations. Other than that (as far as I can tell) its RNG. Smiley
Edit history:
Sonikkustar: 2014-11-06 01:04:16 pm
The Great Farming Empire
Ah, Ok. Then it's all good.
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
Yeah I'm confused as hell about the dice game, but other than that all looks good. should probably include a warning about the game content lol Tongue

A/V : Good
Cheating : None

It's an ACCEPT from me also.
Wake up and be awesome
A Leisure Suit Larry game at it's best. Full of sex jokes, pop culture references, and Larry acting like a total perv.

That dice game is weird, but it looks like it was done fast if it's RNG related, other than that, the run is well done, and the runner obviously knew what he was doing

Easy Accept, though I do agree with the warning about the in game content. If Mohawk and Headphone Jack had a Motion Sickness Warning, and sexual content warning won't be much of an issue. 
Decision posted.
aka theenglishman
Excuse me while I download the XQ version.  It's for my, um, personal collection >_> <_< >_> <_<
Not that I want to spoil anyone's Christmas or anything, but I do believe the runner is cheating in the Liar's Dice game. Specifically, he presses Ctrl+C as soon as the game starts, which allows him to see his opponent's dice. Her dice are meant to be hidden. That's why there is a big circle over Larry's head, and why it disappears when a bet is challenged. That circle is meant to obscure the dice in the yellow circle.

While Larry wins most of the contests with questionable methods, the Liar's Dice game is supposed to beaten fairly. There is no hint in-game or in the manual about Ctrl+C, it's something you find on the internet if you look for cheats.

She can be beaten by save scumming, though I don't know whether that's within SDA rules.

Otherwise the run looks good.
HELLO!
If SDA rejected any run that did something not in the manual... Smiley
Edit history:
BadJim: 2014-12-25 02:44:38 pm
Quote from presjpolk:
If SDA rejected any run that did something not in the manual... Smiley

If SDA accepted any run that used cheat codes, invincibility, god mode . . .

The SDA allows bug abuse. This is because all games have lots of bugs, many of them beneficial, undiscovered bugs. But this is a cheat. Its original purpose was probably to debug the AI, but it was left in as a cheat for people that got stuck or were lazy. It is highly unlikely that it is caused by a bug.
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Interesting and valid point. 

Well, save scumming could be done, but then it would be a segmented run.  And you wouldn't need to really save scum... you could probably just do the whole thing in about three or four at most five segments or so for each article of clothing, and it would only be needed for the Liar's Dice game.  And everyone would skip those segments anyway.  It's really a balance of entertainment for me.  I could never figure out the game even with the cheat, and still save scummed, and it still took me a ton of time.  I was entertained even with that cheat because it is difficult as hell to understand even with their in-game instructions. 

As to whether it was for people who were stuck or lazy, I remember this one.  Al Lowe said in an interview I read (YEARS ago, you could probably Google it) that they put the cheat in the game because most of the staff (Al Lowe included) couldn't beat her without it, and it just gets tedious and sucks the fun out of it.  There is another form of the cheat where you use ALT and drag the cover over with the left mouse button, for the casual cheat, so it was intentional.

But, you are right, it is a cheat and I noticed it also when I was going through and watching.