--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: https://speeddemosarchive.com/LegoRacers.html

Lego Racers (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
The runner did a really good job here. Lots of good strategies here and lots of surprises too.

I accept this run.

Quote from HoboWithaShotgun:
A/V looks good
No signs of Cheating

Pretty good run overall. Definitely had issues with bad RNG drivers picking up your bricks, but not much you can do there.

Accept. It's always satisfiying  finishing a lap while going the wrong way

Quote:
Circuits 1 & 4: There's not much to say about these, considering that they only have one non-skip track and it goes well both times. Something that might be worth testing in future for all these tight U-turns is super sliding (powersliding while braking), which I don't think I saw anywhere in the run and could save smacking into a few walls.

Circuits 2 & 3: More generally clean driving combined with some bad luck involving other racers getting in the way and removing white bricks. Not really much that can be done about that and it usually doesn't cost more than a second or two.

Circuit 5: Good first race, but the start of Ice Planet Pathway is where the run starts getting raggedy. It finishes off well, but then he hits several corners on Royal Knights Raceway, including a couple of the easier turns. Still not a whole lot of time lost yet.

Circuit 6: Adventure Temple Trail here is the low point of the run. Starts with a bad turn into the green brick, tries to reverse out and bumps into multiple other racers coming through, then misses out on two warp boosts and botches a flying one. Probably 20 seconds of human error in there in total.
The other three races aren't too bad, but I'm wondering about a couple of routing choices. On Alien Rally Asteroid, trying to grab that third white brick is often more trouble than it's worth. It might be more reliable to warp ASAP and have more control over the exit. On the other hand, I can't help but think that that final white brick before the line at Knightmare-Athon (behind the pillar) might allow for an extra warp boost to be fitted in somewhere. (These apply to the un-mirrored circuit too, naturally.)

Circuit 7/Rocket Racer Run: Another low point. Misses a couple of green bricks on some difficult turns, and in retrospect he could have used the lightning wand he had to activate the shortcut warp instead of waiting. Probably another 10 seconds or so lost.

Even with those errors, it doesn't amount to much time loss over a run this length; realistically, I'd estimate a clean run with perfect luck would struggle to shave off more than a minute using these race strategies. It's not all bad news either, as there are a couple of fortunate cannonball dodges in here that could've easily messed up someone else's day. Everything else is in order, so I choose to accept this.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Tad 'RabidJellyfish' Cordle!
Thread title: